U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 08:30 AM

5,559 posts, read 3,474,351 times

Advertisements

Once again the American Electorate gets it right:

1) Balanced approach to our deficit: the electorate rejected Romney's call for more tax cuts for the wealthy, more defense spending, without articulating which government programs will be cut.

2) Less government spending: the electorate re-elected a Republican House to underscore that they want less government spending.

3) Less government intrusion: Pro-choice is the law of the land. Everyone should have equal access to the law (e.g. gay rights).

4) Immigration reform: self-deportation is silly. We need well thought out laws. The Republicans heard the message loud and clear.

5) Government has a role: highways, catastrophic storms need a multi-state approach. However, this does not mean that we need more government. We need more efficient government. There are now 30 Republican governors.

6) The Religious Right's views are unacceptable: Statements about rape and abortion uttered by the religious right's candidates were deemed unacceptable and helped keep the Senate in Democratic hands.

All and all, the American Electorate voted with great wisdom. Unfortunately, not all representatives reflect this wisdom. We need more choices. Better candidates. But a wise electorate is a good start and proves that there is a place between MSNC and Fox News that many of use share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 08:37 AM

3,384 posts, read 3,981,411 times
Less government spending? ....All I can say is WOW, you are very uninformed. We have more debt and more deficits than ever before, do you think this is going to change any time soon?

Less government intrusion?....Again, WOW, do you read any form of news articles? ObamaCare is all about government intrusion and get used to having WAY MORE intrusion into your life.

Immigration reform: If by reform you mean granting amnesty in order to get more votes, then you are right.

Balanced approach to the deficit? Again WOW!!!!!!! Balanced would mean cuts and increases in revenues. Higher taxes will generate less in revenue (history is the proof of that) and the cuts are non-existent.

We have no budget. We have no leadership, we have no plan under this current administration and they show no desire to work together to achieve anything.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Less government spending? ....All I can say is WOW, you are very uninformed. We have more debt and more deficits than ever before, do you think this is going to change any time soon?

Less government intrusion?....Again, WOW, do you read any form of news articles? ObamaCare is all about government intrusion and get used to having WAY MORE intrusion into your life.

Immigration reform: If by reform you mean granting amnesty in order to get more votes, then you are right.

Balanced approach to the deficit? Again WOW!!!!!!! Balanced would mean cuts and increases in revenues. Higher taxes will generate less in revenue (history is the proof of that) and the cuts are non-existent.

We have no budget. We have no leadership, we have no plan under this current administration and they show no desire to work together to achieve anything.
If you read the exit polls and analyze the results which I tried to do in my post, it appears that what the American electorate wants is a balanced and fair approach to government. However, this is not necessarily what our representatives will deliver. We need a centrist party. But lacking a centrist party, the electorate has divided up the government, rejected fringe policies, and dismissed fringe candidates. Hopefully, the wise electorate will prevail.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:19 AM

811 posts, read 779,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post

1) Balanced approach to our deficit: the electorate rejected Romney's call for more tax cuts for the wealthy, more defense spending, without articulating which government programs will be cut.
Third world populations and degenerates voted for Obama. Real, traditional Americans did not, by and large.

Quote:
2) Less government spending: the electorate re-elected a Republican House to underscore that they want less government spending.
Very little changed in the house. It coincides with the mindset of their respective districts.

Quote:
3) Less government intrusion: Pro-choice is the law of the land. Everyone should have equal access to the law (e.g. gay rights).
Abortion is murder. Do you support the following?
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.46220...88067&pid=15.1 (graphic)
If so, then you're a sick, sadistic individual.

Homosexuality is a perversion. It's a downright mental disorder. Two men were not meant for each other, just as two women were not meant for each other. If you think otherwise, you're obviously deluded and are in need of psychiatric counseling. Homosexuality was labeled a mental disorder by the APA as recently as the 1970s.

Quote:
4) Immigration reform: self-deportation is silly. We need well thought out laws. The Republicans heard the message loud and clear.
I suppose you want tens of millions of more underperforming, welfare-taking illegals? Oh yes, what the United States needs. More debt. More chaos. More social and cultural division, as that is what this will only bring. No unity whatsoever. Genius, pure genius.

Quote:
5) Government has a role: highways, catastrophic storms need a multi-state approach. However, this does not mean that we need more government. We need more efficient government. There are now 30 Republican governors.
No one has denied the role of state and local governments. They have only argued that the federal government's role should limited, per the Constitution.

Quote:
6) The Religious Right's views are unacceptable: Statements about rape and abortion uttered by the religious right's candidates were deemed unacceptable and helped keep the Senate in Democratic hands.
What is unacceptable is the murder of unborn children. (See link above if you have the stomach). That you'd be upset with someone speaking against abortion, instead of the travesty itself, speaks volumes.

You do realize that a baby looks like a baby within five weeks or less of conception? A baby has a heart beat only four weeks after conception. Do you think it is appropriate to kill an unborn child? Regardless of how the child is conceived, it is still valuable, and no one has a right to kill it. There is adoption.

Quote:
All and all, the American Electorate voted with great wisdom.
No. They voted like a bunch of irrational, non-thinking, God-hating, freeby-loving thugs. If you can't see it, then that's on you.

What this country needs to do is to turn back to God.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Third world populations and degenerates voted for Obama. Real, traditional Americans did not, by and large.

Very little changed in the house. It coincides with the mindset of their respective districts.

Abortion is murder. Do you support the following?
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.46220...88067&pid=15.1 (graphic)
If so, then you're a sick, sadistic individual.

Homosexuality is a perversion. It's a downright mental disorder. Two men were not meant for each other, just as two women were not meant for each other. If you think otherwise, you're obviously deluded and are in need of psychiatric counseling. Homosexuality was labeled a mental disorder by the APA as recently as the 1970s.

I suppose you want tens of millions of more underperforming, welfare-taking illegals? Oh yes, what the United States needs. More debt. More chaos. More social and cultural division, as that is what this will only bring. No unity whatsoever. Genius, pure genius.

No one has denied the role of state and local governments. They have only argued that the federal government's role should limited, per the Constitution.

What is unacceptable is the murder of unborn children. (See link above if you have the stomach). That you'd be upset with someone speaking against abortion, instead of the travesty itself, speaks volumes.

You do realize that a baby looks like a baby within five weeks or less of conception? A baby has a heart beat only four weeks after conception. Do you think it is appropriate to kill an unborn child? Regardless of how the child is conceived, it is still valuable, and no one has a right to kill it. There is adoption.

No. They voted like a bunch of irrational, non-thinking, God-hating, freeby-loving thugs. If you can't see it, then that's on you.

What this country needs is to turn back to God.
The U.S. has a very diverse electorate representing a very wide spectrum of views. Your point of view was rejected.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:24 PM

6,520 posts, read 8,605,050 times
Obama received 10 million less votes than he received in 2008. Romney received 3 million less votes than McCain received in 2008. The American electorate got it right???????

Old 11-10-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Obama received 10 million less votes than he received in 2008. Romney received 3 million less votes than McCain received in 2008. The American electorate got it right???????
No question there is a general distaste for candidates that our parties are producing.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:50 PM

5,576 posts, read 3,459,248 times

Do you have any idea -- or care, for that matter -- how offensive that is?

My daughters and I all voted for Obama.

My mother's family first arrived here by boat as immigrants ... on the Mayflower.

My father's family first came here as Dutch immigrants ... when New York was New Amsterdam.

I'm as white bread as you can get. I have a superior education and a professional career. My family voted for Obama.

And every single solitary activist I've been working with these last couple of years, who all voted for Obama, are middle class professionals, most of them white, all with a minimum of a bachelor's degree. Most of them in late middle age or older.

None of us are rich, if anything we're sliding into lower class lifestyles thanks to the Bush years. But we chose Obama to help us, not your filthy, greedy, heartless, ignorant white bread candidate.

So now tell me how we're bizarre outliers. How no one else in the country like me voted for Obama. Please. Tell me how I'm just a degenerate. Go ahead, you mewling, flap-mouthed lout. You could have expected the poor, minorities and women to vote for Obama. What cost Romney the election is losing people like me.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:59 PM

69,372 posts, read 53,608,091 times
Quote:

I stopped here laughing so hard at how dumb some americans are..

Romney called for cutting the growth of spending, not increases, and he didnt suggest tax cuts for the wealthy..

The only way we got it right, is if you are a taker, and dont mind another $5T in debt in order for you to have your cell phone, along with record welfare, record deficits, record foreclosure,
You must be proud...

Old 11-10-2012, 03:02 PM

69,372 posts, read 53,608,091 times
Quote:
The U.S. has a very diverse electorate representing a very wide spectrum of views. Your point of view was rejected.
your point of view was bought and paid for, by people like myself..

Your welcome

Last edited by pghquest; 11-10-2012 at 03:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or