U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 11:27 AM

4,088 posts, read 3,555,179 times

Advertisements

...aren't you glad he won't be running the country?

Campaign Sources: The Romney Campaign was a Consultant Con Job | RedState
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 11:37 AM

9,312 posts, read 5,597,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
...aren't you glad he won't be running the country?

Campaign Sources: The Romney Campaign was a Consultant Con Job | RedState
I suspect we will be seeing a whole lot more post-mortems about ORCA, but from what I've read so far the most stunning thing is that they went live with it on the morning of the election. No dry runs to see where the bugs were or to ensure that everyone could access it because they were afraid of being hacked. No one who has ever worked on a project of this scale would ever conceive of going live without a whole lot of testing first. It's unbelievable.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:37 AM

4,036 posts, read 8,672,528 times
Romney’s campaign, including the Super PACs, feels a lot like Enron. It was an endless cycle of cooking the books to buy more time and it finally caught up with them.

If the had been entirely frank with their donors, they wouldn’t have been able to raise more money.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:42 AM

23,854 posts, read 16,081,892 times
Worth a reprint...

Quote:
Evidently, Mitt Romney’s campaign was completely taken by surprise by the results on Election Day. An advisor described Mitt as “shell shocked” by the loss. Really? How could you tell? Mitt always seems somewhat disconnected from reality. A Romney team member said “I don’t think there was one person who saw this coming.” How would you like this crew to be in charge of our national security? I have news for Mitt Romney’s team—it’s a lot harder to keep tabs on terrorists than it is to monitor a presidential campaign. Mitt, if you can get blindsided by an election that every reputable pollster had predicted correctly in excruciating detail, how can you monitor terrorist networks based on scraps of gathered intelligence? The bitter irony is that Mitt spent the latter part of the campaign lambasting Obama for not seeing Benghazi coming. Mitt didn’t even see Obama coming!

Mitt didn’t have a concession speech ready! I don’t want a president who is not prepared for the worst-case scenario... especially when the worst case is the most likely case! Romney aides taking cabs home on late on election night suddenly found that their campaign credit cards no longer worked. If Mitt had become president, on the night of the election, you would suddenly have found that your Social Security card no longer worked! On Wednesday, Mitt addressed his staff and told them he did not plan to disappear. Well, you didn’t plan to lose either, Mitt. Guess what—you are going to disappear.
Randi Rhodes

Old 11-10-2012, 11:44 AM

29,976 posts, read 15,292,348 times
It is a bit ironic that a party that has argued for ages that you can't solve a problem by throwing money at it tried to win an election by throwing money at it, isn't it?

And yep, a lot of yachts are going to be bought with Super PAC money. The entire construct was made to prevent transparency with political donations, and it appears quite a few consultants figured out how to turn that to their advantage right quick. (Now, why didn't I think of that?)

In fact, a few of the multi-million contributors have now come forward to ask that the Super PAC legislation be changed make the PACs more accountable to the donors. (Not the voters, of course. Silly voters.)

Old 11-10-2012, 12:09 PM

"Poetic Justice" is the phrase that comes to mind. A question for Romney...Do you think a corporation, since you believe it is a person, can actually feel the emotions that you are feeling right now?

Old 11-10-2012, 02:20 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,745,971 times
It went far beyond ORCA. The thing really was run like a corporation...a bloated, self-entitled, top-driven, pay bonuses to top staffers during the campaign, corporation...like Enron. The bonus thing just takes my breath away. I thought the whole idea of bonuses was to reward success, so why would you pay them before the election?

Maybe a few community organizers would have helped.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
It went far beyond ORCA. The thing really was run like a corporation...a bloated, self-entitled, top-driven, pay bonuses to top staffers during the campaign, corporation...like Enron. The bonus thing just takes my breath away. I thought the whole idea of bonuses was to reward success, so why would you pay them before the election?

Yep, I couldn't resist making that point a few times myself. The right wing used the Community Organizer title to bash Obama. Well, seems like the Community Organizer stomped the bussinessman soundly.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:44 PM

10,115 posts, read 6,744,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post

You know, you have a big point, because I think one of the huge lessons of this campaign is that contracting out is NOT always more efficient or effective in campaigns or in government, because you just have more people in line with their hands out. The other is that running a campaign (and a country) isn't like running a business either. If you want business expertise, you call pull those people in for advice, but the goals are different. A government has to address the needs of a very diverse group of citizens, and represent all of those citizens in a fiscally responsible way. A business just has to worry about the folks who will make them money. They're different goals.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:41 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,585,291 times
Too funny. I just read about project ORCA and how it was supposed to deliver the win on election day. This is what the GOP gets for being anti-science and technology - they don't have anyone capable of properly implementing a concept like this LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or