U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 11:00 PM

29,125 posts, read 21,165,710 times

Advertisements

Another whining liberal who can't get over the fact that 49% of the electorate said that the Democrat's FAILED and misguided policies of entitlement programs, class warfare, and "divide and conquer" are wrong.

The other 52% voted themselves free stuff and they refused to think rationally of the disaster to which they were subjecting themselves and the republic.

The left is going to delude themselves that they have some kind of mandate - and when things go bad - they won't look in the mrror and realize that they were wrong - they will start pointing finges, because the last thing any liberal would do is take personal responsibility.

Good job libs - YOU BUILT IT - and you will soon reap the price of your mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 11:01 PM

18,677 posts, read 16,461,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Do you want to discuss the facts like the national debt, the numbers on welfare, the deficits, the unemployment numbers, the record foreclosures, the complete failure of a president called Obama?

I think not..

By the same token, while those are fair questions to ask, we should also be asking if the GOP could fare little better in 2012 with a sitting Dem POTUS than when saddled with sitting GOP POTUS in 2008 as the Great Recession began, conservatives should be drilling through their horrific results last week with all groups other than middled aged and older white men.

See if we ask how many electoral votes a Dem would get with a Repub POTUS and the economy of the last 3.75 years, 365 is the answer. The quantity Obama got in 2008.

So based on that, it appears the GOP gap, all factors being equal, starting any POTUS campaign is -159. (Obama 2008 votes vs Romney's 2012 votes)

BTW, the above are NOT facts I like, but I'm not about to sing as other fiscal conservs here are, "It's a beutiful day in the GOP neighborhood". It's not, the demographic shift of America has occured, and the GOP POTUS MO is as out of date as opening a Blockbuster Video franchise would be today.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:04 PM

4,690 posts, read 3,784,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Its not "cool" to be a conservative.
Boris Johnson is way cool. Even his name is cool: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson. And he was born in the United States, so he could be president. But no, instead of drafting someone as cool as Boris, the GOP will go with Ricky Santorum (oh, god, the sweaters) or someone equally ridiculous next time - and lose.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:04 PM

23,780 posts, read 16,048,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Obama is a conservative. That is the one aspect I don't like about him, but I voted for him as he has accomplished some good with the ACA and the enconomic clean-up, saving good union jobs in Detriot, etc. In addition, he was the best alternative to the now-insane right-wing Republican Party.

I would put it differently than Ms. Madow, in that I don't care if the right-wing is humiliated, I just want them kept out of power (democratically, of course) so they can't inflict more damage on our country. I would like to see President Obama provide more support for unions in the corporate sector especially so that the check on corporate greed and abuse can be strengthened. Reviving the Employee Free Choice Act, protecting the National Labor Relations Board and giving it more power, etc.
I agree with you. Interesting thing is that Obama never claimed to be or ran as a Liberal/Progressive. I actually supported Dennis Kicinich during the 2008 primary. I was so hoping for the Elizabeth Warren appointment that was so repulsive to Wall Street and their puppets in the GOP, but I'm glad it worked out as it has, as I'm sure many of us are. Obama is too Centrist for many of us, but with any luck and the way that things seem to be going, we might just get what we want down the road. Lets' hope

Last edited by sickofnyc; 11-11-2012 at 11:25 PM..

Old 11-11-2012, 11:06 PM

69,372 posts, read 53,655,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
By the same token, while those are fair questions to ask, we should also be asking if the GOP could fare little better in 2012 with a sitting Dem POTUS than when saddled with sitting GOP POTUS in 2008 as the Great Recession began, conservatives should be drilling through their horrific results last week with all groups other than middled aged and older white men.

See if we ask how many electoral votes a Dem would get with a Repub POTUS and the economy of the last 3.75 years, 365 is the answer. The quantity Obama got in 2008.

So based on that, it appears the GOP gap, all factors being equal, starting any POTUS campaign is -159. (Obama 2008 votes vs Romney's 2012 votes)
The complete economic collapse took place under a Democratic Congress who not only did NOTHING to stop it, fought Bush over a dozen times, when he tried to reign in the mortgage industry.

Remember when they took over Congress, they increased the minimum wage, saying the economy was strong enough to support the increased costs?

Guess they were wrong. And all of the crap about "older white men", is just ridiculous. race, age, sex, is not immune to the hardships of failure.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:09 PM

18,677 posts, read 16,461,468 times
Quote:
. And all of the crap about "older white men", is just ridiculous. race, age, sex, is not immune to the hardships of failure.
Wrong, as wrong as your predictions of a massive Romney win.

The GOP is getting killed when runing for POTUS amongst every group except older white men. (and I was talking voting results,, not how the economy affects folks). That is in keeping with the thread's topic.

The 40 point losing Latino margin was lower than the GOP losing margin amongst several other minority groups. It was only 4 points closer than single women.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:32 PM

38,026 posts, read 18,985,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
As a conservative, I don't feel "humiliated" at all. I feel empowered that I voted my conscience and my personal values in spite of constant hammering from the left wing media trying to convince me that I have to agree with them and have no right to my own opinions.
Exactly, I don't feel humiliated at all. I stood to make more money if Obama won but voted my conscious and values and that was not an Obama vote. How does it feel to need total strangers to feed you. You should feel humiliation but without morals of course you wouldn't.

Now we pay for your sex life and prostitutes hanging out on your corner.

The fact is you Obama voters NEED US!

Old 11-11-2012, 11:34 PM

38,026 posts, read 18,985,532 times
Quote:
The complete economic collapse took place under a Democratic Congress who not only did NOTHING to stop it, fought Bush over a dozen times, when he tried to reign in the mortgage industry.
Yep, it was the DEMS actions that caused the crash but the loyal trough feeders will do anything they are told to do to keep the feeding troughs full.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:45 AM

20,187 posts, read 12,843,714 times
This just seems to be politics. I remember being in Santa Fe when Bush won and the next day there was a group of young people marching in the street with a sign yelling, "impeach Bush." I told my hubby we should join them and start yelling, "Ambush Peach." See if we can get them to change it and start saying that before they knew what they were saying. LOL

We had a good time, now it's Dem's turn and next time it may be our time again.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:39 AM

33,179 posts, read 39,170,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
That's exactly right. You can't debate real ideas if one side is living on earth and the other side is in fantasy land. FOX news and some conservative pundits really did their viewers, and the country, a disservice when they went on about how the polls were skewed, or how Obama is a dangerous Muslim communist from Kenya, etc. etc. The part that disturbs me the most is that I don't think it was just cold, calulated spin to try to keep up the spirits of the base--I think they really believed it. It's the same kind of thinking that creates huge problems for the campaigns themselves--if you lie, you convince yourself that you're really telling the truth, or that it's ok because you're on the side of the good and the true. The problem is that voters who aren't in your bubble just see a liar. It's a vicious circle.

Problem with FOX preaching its alternate reality to its viewers is the real reality is all around and has a way of coming through their deflector shields every once in a while, the Romney wins in landslide forward deflectors are down throw up emergency Obama wins by voter fraud backups, storm Sandy rear deflectors down to 10%..
Uhoh all is lost abandon ship.^%&^does &6(*& not %$*(&6compute*^Landru *&^%guide us

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-12-2012 at 10:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or