U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 11:43 PM

9,995 posts, read 11,279,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
That's because in some states our elected officials are crooks. No other word. Crooks.
By the way Ariadne, you had me scared with your videos about vote stealing in Ohio. I am glad that did not happen! It was bad enough in Florida.

Come to think of it, maybe that is what Karl Rove was flipping out about in Ohio. I am sure he paid good money to get that state. I am glad it did not work out that way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 12:13 AM

3,998 posts, read 3,863,990 times
The polls were wrong in this case. Most polls before the election had Romney up by one point in Florida. Turns out it was the other way around.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:55 AM

151 posts, read 147,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
The polls were wrong in this case. Most polls before the election had Romney up by one point in Florida. Turns out it was the other way around.
Maybe they didn't poll enough people in Miami due to a language barrier. Miami is very democratic.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:16 AM

18,773 posts, read 14,886,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
That's because in some states our elected officials are crooks. No other word. Crooks.
In the case of Rick Scott, he actually is a crook. Gov. Medicare Fraud....

Old 11-11-2012, 01:18 AM

20,876 posts, read 41,705,045 times
Quote:
Irrelevant. Sam Wang at Princeton, Nate Silver at NYT, Simon Jackman at HuffPost all used the same polls and came to the same conclusion - in the last few days FL was leaning blue. Nate had FL leaning blue the week before the election, switched back to pink, and two days before the election it was blue, again. All three called the election with 100% accuracy. Two others did, as well, I understand.

All these dumbbells had to do was pay attention to the mathematicians - at least then, the loss wouldn't have come as such a shock. Chuck Todd on NBC said they expected an Obama win, based on their polling. Of course, he's "biased."

Stupid. Plus, they ran their ground game for the entire country from Boston, instead of letting the states handle their own. Many screwups at the end.

Lastly, the GOP was reading their crowd enthusiasm and believing their own BS.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:49 AM

5,740 posts, read 5,676,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
By the way Ariadne, you had me scared with your videos about vote stealing in Ohio. I am glad that did not happen! It was bad enough in Florida.

Come to think of it, maybe that is what Karl Rove was flipping out about in Ohio. I am sure he paid good money to get that state. I am glad it did not work out that way!
Maybe?? It's on record.
Rove spent $$millions of other people's money (mainly corporate), and they expected results. They are not happy with him. Will they spend more next time? Who knows...

Old 11-11-2012, 02:02 AM

20,876 posts, read 41,705,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Maybe?? It's on record.
Rove spent $$millions of other people's money (mainly corporate), and they expected results. They are not happy with him. Will they spend more next time? Who knows...
He'll have to get more aggressive on hacking the vote counting process, then. He's done it before. Must be slipping.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:03 AM

46,054 posts, read 28,379,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Maybe?? It's on record.
It is a shame Rove didn't get some of that money from the Mob cause we know how they would handle someone not getting them results, which would be a proper ending for a weasel like Rove.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:07 AM

14,271 posts, read 15,303,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
Glad to know Florida was irrelevant and that the Presidential election did not hinge on this BS Rick Scott state.
Although I agree that it was nice to know Obama didn't have to depend on Florida, I don't like to read that my vote was "irrelevant." That's one reason I don't like the electoral college. There shouldn't be a few battleground states that are the only ones that matter. We all matter.

One reason I understand why so many people stood in long lines is because I voted by absentee ballot a month before the election and always wondered "what happened to it?" There has to be a better way of casting a vote, like getting a receipt! How do I know if my vote was really counted and what was actually scanned? My favorite way of voting was using the touch screens, but electronic voting has its flaws too. In a country where we can develop sophisticated missile guidance systems, one would hope voting would be a lot less complicated. Obviously cutting early voting days & hours and having fewer locations made a big difference, but there were many other problems in FL. I mean, some precincts ran out of ballots!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Twelve years later you would think it would be the most efficient and modern electoral system in the nation.
Nah. Nothing really changes much around here except for housing and a few strip malls.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:18 AM

28,017 posts, read 38,043,748 times
Quote:
Nate Silver had it right. His prediction for Florida was evolving toward Obama and had flipped to Obama by a razor thin margin a couple days before the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or