Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 06:08 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,209,640 times

Advertisements

On these forums, Obamamania easily matches if not exceeds 2008 levels. Most conservatives will say that Obama doesn't have near the enthusiasm he had in 2008 and if he wins its going to be just barely. Is City-data an accurate representation of Obama enthusiasm among the larger population? If it is, I could easily see Cramer's prediction of Obama winning 400 electoral votes coming to pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 06:16 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,509,353 times
Not at all. Even the leftwing crazies here know that but that's not their job here. Their job here is to try to dispirit the masses who will vote against their idiot in chief.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:19 PM

998 posts, read 1,320,319 times
Well the "supposed" GOP enthusiasm advantage certainly hasn't played out in the early voting tally.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:22 PM

10,567 posts, read 12,786,091 times
It's like asking a bunch of kids at a really bad and boring birthday if they are having fun. There is no sign of enthusiasm on these boards....no one is thrilled with the election...I think most people in their hearts wished that both candidates would just go away and forget about having a President at all. This is a non-issue - non-starter- non-event....kind of like having a filling removed that is perfectly good by a cheese ball dentist who is creating a job for himself....BORING.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:34 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,138,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
On these forums, Obamamania easily matches if not exceeds 2008 levels. Most conservatives will say that Obama doesn't have near the enthusiasm he had in 2008 and if he wins its going to be just barely. Is City-data an accurate representation of Obama enthusiasm among the larger population? If it is, I could easily see Cramer's prediction of Obama winning 400 electoral votes coming to pass.

No, this is one of the most liberal sites around and has been since the last election. Also, several of these enthusiastic folks are paid to be that way.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:35 PM

266 posts, read 401,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Is City-data an accurate representation of Obama enthusiasm among the larger population?
No. And I'm not just saying this because I don't support him, I just really don't think it could be accurate.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:42 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,724,386 times
I think it is a hard time to be dancing in the streets. The economy is still in recovery. Obama is thwarted by completely irrational Tea Partiers, and a campaign against two compulsive liars.

To be honest, our enthusiasm is at least equal to previous years because of the sheer moonbattery of the far right. A group that loathes government employees, minorities, science, environmental protection, women's rights, public transportation or civic investment, and is fighting like hell to avoid providing health care coverage to all citizens. All to protect the wealthiest in society. Bizarre, regressive, and just plain alarming. It is the fruition of low educational attainment and a multi-decade addiction talk radio/Fox News. Americans from the 1960s and 1970s, who put men on the moon, launched NASA, enabled our environmental protection laws, championed civil rights, and built the greatest public educational systems in the world, would not recognize the crazy anti-science, screw they neighbor wingnuts that now run the GOP.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:44 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,676,975 times
Not in my Maryland county (one of the very few predominantly Republican counties in the state). I have a sister and brother-in-law who are very pro-obama only because they're terrified Romney will do away with unions and my electrician BIL will never work again. I've tried talking some sense into them. Doesn't work.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:50 PM

30,195 posts, read 23,608,007 times
Where I live? NO!

I see tons of Romney/Ryan signs. Yes, I see a few Obama signs as well. High school kids seem to like Obama.

But I've seen a lot of home made signs that are quite large that say precisely what they think of Obama...and it's not nice.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:51 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,619,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I think it is a hard time to be dancing in the streets. The economy is still in recovery. Obama is thwarted by completely irrational Tea Partiers, and a campaign against two compulsive liars.

To be honest, our enthusiasm is at least equal to previous years because of the sheer moonbattery of the far right. A group that loathes government employees, minorities, science, environmental protection, women's rights, public transportation or civic investment, and is fighting like hell to avoid providing health care coverage to all citizens. All to protect the wealthiest in society. Bizarre, regressive, and just plain alarming. It is the fruition of low educational attainment and a multi-decade addiction talk radio/Fox News. Americans from the 1960s and 1970s, who put men on the moon, launched NASA, enabled our environmental protection laws, championed civil rights, and built the greatest public educational systems in the world, would not recognize the crazy anti-science, screw they neighbor wingnuts that now run the GOP.
Ah, so obama's failures by piling on more regulations and costs on the economy are the fault of the people that opposed it?

If his ideas were so awesome and brilliant, why would the Tea Party matter? It wouldn't matter at all.

How long is the economy going to be in "recovery"? Another 4 years looks like if he does get elected. Utopian statism fails everywhere it is tried and it will continue to fail if that is the policy. The more costs and regulations you pile on citizens means less income and less time to be productive and do great things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections