Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 10:05 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The St. Lucie County Canvassing Board announced late Saturday it had set an “emergency meeting” to start at 7 a.m. Sunday at its headquarters, to “recount all ballots cast during early voting.” The number of early ballots is estimated by officials to be roughly 37,000.

West, who has refused to concede the race, is currently trailing Murphy by 2,442 votes, according to the latest results from Florida Division of Elections. On its website, the agency says West has garnered 164,448 votes to Murphy’s 166,890.

Florida officials order partial recount in tight House race between Rep. West and Democratic challenger Murphy | Fox News

Yes, I know Fox News blah, blah, blah.... I'm sure we'll see this from other news agencies soon.

What is it with Florida and elections?

ETA:All early votes cast in St. Lucie County will be recounted Sunday morning

There is only 1136 votes in question. He lost by 2442.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 10:11 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well they can count the votes again and again and in the end, West will still lose.
probably you are right, but it is important when the race is that close to have a re-count. also make sure all the military and absentee votes are counted.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:14 AM

46,947 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LOL...i knew that Uncle Tom was gonna get sent packing. The recount won't change a thing. Bye bye bigmouth. Have a nice life.
Dude - not helpful.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:14 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
LOL...i knew that Uncle Tom was gonna get sent packing. The recount won't change a thing. Bye bye bigmouth. Have a nice life.
Why is it, any black man, that happens to be a Republican and/or a conservative is labeled as Uncle Tom? What happened to the all tolerent, all accepting and non biggoted Democrat party?

Old 11-11-2012, 10:20 AM

27,137 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:

So you're confirming this "Uncle Tom" naming used widely by the Democratic Party then.

Why is it always a race thing?

Old 11-11-2012, 10:38 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Why is it, any black man, that happens to be a Republican and/or a conservative is labeled as Uncle Tom? What happened to the all tolerent, all accepting and non biggoted Democrat party?

For many on the left, they require that one's politics/ideology must be aligned with skin tone. Hence if one is black & conservative, they are called "uncle tom," or "sellout" (stacey dash). What is this, if not racism? If your skin tone appears a certain way, then you must think a certain way.

Ususally lefties will not flat out admit to being racists, but their langauge gives it away, such as terms like "sell out" and uncle tom. I imagine when a little drunk many of them might admit it. Maybe James OKeefe could cook up some sting ops.

This is at odds with one of my fundamental beliefs about America, namely that part of our greatness comes from the fact that we have drawn people from all over the world and bonded them into one people. Even in the early 17th century one of the strengths of colonial America was that there were already Swedes, German, Dutch, English, French etc. co-existing.

Just one more reason why the left must be defeated, and even though we lost this battle, the war is not over.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:35 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
West gets a free pass on this partial recount.
But he will have to pay for another if he still refuses to concede, as will Murphy. Lawyers won't work for free, and the vote counters must be paid.

I expect West will drag this out for as long as he can, just to deplete Murphy's funds. He will lose the recount and will lose the appeal, but he's a burn-all-the-bridges kind of guy, and doesn't care if his political aspirations are killed by his actions.

Murphy will get the money he needs, and when he's up for re-election, he will have a lot more going for him next time as a result of West's pig headedness. Somebody from the RNC needs to talk to the man and give hims a few hard facts of life.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:59 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
So you're confirming this "Uncle Tom" naming used widely by the Democratic Party then.

Why is it always a race thing?
Okay, how about Uncle Allen instead?

Old 11-11-2012, 12:11 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times
Top Romney surrogates can essentially call Colin Powell a racists but random internet liberals can never make assesments about black conservatives. Intersting how that works. Anyway...The term Uncle Tom is defined as such:

"a black who is overeager to win the approval of whites (as by obsequious behavior or uncritical acceptance of white values and goals)"

Uncle tom - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I think it's a fair definition of West's behavior.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:26 PM

1,991 posts, read 3,969,449 times
Quote:
The recount won't change a thing. Bye bye bigmouth. Have a nice life.
That's what I was thinking too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections