U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 10:38 AM

38,000 posts, read 18,954,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Why does the right wing feel the need to come up with lies which are so easily debunked.
Because you taught us well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 04:05 AM

2 posts, read 1,094 times
They never said it!! I read the article. They even say so on the site!!
As can be seen, it states that ALL of Cuyahoga County voted for Obama, which IS NOT true and is not stated in the article. I’d guess this is the work of some well meaning individual distraught over the results of last Tuesday’s election, however, this effort distorts the truth, assaults my integrity and hurts the conservative movement because it gives detractors (Far Left) the opportunity to dismiss everything coming from bloggers on the Right.

http://www.floridapoliticalpress.com...-the-internet/

Last edited by factsrule; 11-14-2012 at 04:11 AM.. Reason: link failed

Old 11-14-2012, 04:59 AM

33,046 posts, read 20,726,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
If its a reasonably close election, not a gap of 5 points which is too high to get away with altering, the smart thing to do would be to just alter the numbers to say its a 50.5% or 51% win to 49.5 % to 49%. Philly turnout was down slightly but Obama did even better, in some areas he got the magic 99% of the vote. Even more than his first run. Less enthusiasm, more support. Right...... Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, Virginia, Iowa, nobodys votes got counted only assigned. I'll bet they even altered the popular vote to give him an extra 3 or 4 million at least. 5 million more likely.
Massive voter fraud. They want to keep this chump in office because they own him and he'll do whatever he's told to do. Our only hope is one day he finally cracks under the strain of the big lie and loses it and takes them all down with him.

When urban neighborhoods get poorer and blacker - probably describing many parts of Philly - turnout typically falls (houses get abandoned and/or torn down, as in Detroit, reducing block density) and the Democrat percentage goes up. To the extent people are leaving these neighborhoods, any remaining conservatives or Republicans tend to be the first to leave; it's the poorest who remain.

These neighborhoods also tend to have a high percentage of voter 'deadwood' or people who are registered to vote there but aren't there and don't vote. People in the poorest neighborhoods tend to be highly transient, with people who may be renting short term, couch surfing, and/or skipping warrants and creditors.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:10 AM

2 posts, read 1,094 times
Actually there were 927,966 people registered to vote in Cuyahoga County. Only 617,141 voted in this election (356,172 on election day and 260,969 by absentee ballot) 420,953 of them voted for Barack Obama and 184,475 of them voted for Mitt Romney. I'm sure your figures are better then mine, because you got them from a right-wing blog.

I was born in Cuyahoga county and lived there off and on most of my life. Most of my family lives there. I can tell you Cleveland is nothing at all like Detroit or Philly and I have spent time in both those cities and currently live about an hour from Detroit- Cleveland is not even close to being as bad as Detroit. Anyway none of this changes the fact that the posted numbers that began this thread are totally false. Even the person who wrote the article has refuted it and said that its incorrect and that he never gave those numbers. that they came from another source that put his sites address on it. Which brings me to my point- Don't take what some blog says is fact without taking the time to look at it objectively and look for an actual source like call the board of elections and ask them. Or look it up on their site.

People just seem to jump on the bandwagon when they see a post they like without ever considering if the thing they are commenting on is even true.

Last edited by factsrule; 11-14-2012 at 08:11 AM.. Reason: spelling incorrect form of word

Old 11-14-2012, 08:47 AM

31,178 posts, read 57,317,340 times
Wow. Thread #2,041 on this very lame and baseless topic.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:56 AM

18,115 posts, read 16,457,416 times
Yeah it was over 90% voter turnout, in the wards where they refused to allow GOP poll watchers in the polls. Those same wards went for Obama by 99% to practically zero for Obama. Some places nationally had 150% registered voter turnout, most or all heavily supporting Obama.
Philly is corrupt, this election is a fraud state wide and nationally. BTW, Pennsylvania now has over 10,000 signatures out of the needed 15,000 to secede. 30 states are joining together in this. if nothing els eits an embarassment for Obama and hammering home the fact that he has no mandate and no support other than the leeches and radicals he takes for granted. And even their support is waning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or