U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 08:50 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,394,070 times

Advertisements

Considering most Bostonians would have voted against him even if he had won, that's a ridiculous act of self aggrandizement. He's an astonishing egotist.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:38 AM

6,722 posts, read 4,280,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
Damn little bit of mitt hate here. Why should staffers still have lines of credit? I assume the purpose of them was for campaign related work.

Also what should he have done, keep his campaign employees working on a campaign that is over and do.e. I hope you guys dont run the country that way.

If I had money, id celebrate too.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Becuz winding down a campaign is not as simple as turning off the lights and locking the door. OFA is still winding down operations. Cutting everyone off is mean spirited and created nothing but a clusterf**k at the end. OFA is still entering data for the next election.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:40 AM

6,936 posts, read 7,019,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Talk about hubris! I don't recall any other presidential candidate celebrating a win in such a blatant, self-aggrandizing way, especially with such a divided electorate. What a tasteless lack of class that would have displayed. He clearly believed his own hype.
The campaign leadership was delusional. They made the mistake of believing the campaign rhetoric they were generating, as if it was coming from an authoritative/independent source. A trap most inexperienced campaign folks would make. You could see on election night how stunned Romney was, that he lost. Ryan, as well. I wouldn't be surprised if whomever sold them the 'bill of goods' is the subject of a "hit" contract. Politically speaking, that is.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:48 AM

977 posts, read 1,498,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
So?

What do fireworks have to do with anything?
It perfectly illustrates how out of touch he was with facts (seeing as how the facts showed he was not the favorite) and how arrogant he was. Same with the fact he didn't have a concession speech prepared. I read that Obama had 2 speeches prepared because you never know how things will go.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:52 AM

22,243 posts, read 14,794,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Mitt Romney had planned to celebrate his election as the nation’s 45th president with an eight-minute fireworks display over Boston Harbor.

The same company that does some of the illuminations for Boston’s Fourth of July celebration was poised to ignite fireworks within view of Romney’s party at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center to celebrate a win over President Obama.

“It was not an intense, grand finale-type of display for eight minutes, but it certainly was a fast-paced show to cap off the evening, if it were necessary,” company CEO Steve Pelkey told the Globe today.

Mitt Romney planned Boston Harbor fireworks show that was scotched by election loss - Boston.com

Talk about hubris! I don't recall any other presidential candidate celebrating a win in such a blatant, self-aggrandizing way, especially with such a divided electorate. What a tasteless lack of class that would have displayed. He clearly believed his own hype.
What happened? Oh yeah, the TParty threw all of it overboard.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:45 AM

19,755 posts, read 13,370,436 times
Further proof of his disconnect with reality.

He is the Donald Trump of politicians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or