U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-12-2012, 06:45 PM
 
29,926 posts, read 15,256,432 times
Reputation: 15652

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Who the hell is "Nate Silver"?
See what I said about the danger of staying within the confines of the echo chamber?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-12-2012, 06:50 PM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
27,404 posts, read 15,095,943 times
Reputation: 20927
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Who the hell is "Nate Silver"?
Hahahahahahahaha! This is the same question Karl Rove was asking on election night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 06:52 PM
 
29,926 posts, read 15,256,432 times
Reputation: 15652
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What's fascinating is that the Destructive Party actally think they have won something.
Ooh, cute. "Destructive Party", that's creative. We won an election. You can deal with the fact, or you can insist it never happened, but this a grim and uncaring world and it won't really care whether you choose to acknowledge the reality of the situation.

Quote:
I hope all you suckers lose your homes and your life savings and wind up on the street. Then watch me laugh. I have no compassion for my enemies.
...
Oh, and don't look for your doctor to hang around. Why should they?
...
Do you have any investments? They will be liquidated.
Making up on-the-spot scenarios that validate your worldview is good fun, but do you find it actually works?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 07:00 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
16,438 posts, read 9,298,067 times
Reputation: 6177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
You should contact Orly Taitz. I hear she is very interested in this type of lawsuit and has an impeccable record.
I think "consistent" is the word you're looking for to describe Oily...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 07:13 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
85,039 posts, read 98,948,726 times
Reputation: 31507
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You know very well that we have already voted for 2016. We used the very, very early voting laws that are in place for Democrats only. They just have to fill the names of the candidates in on election day. Whomever it is has already won.
Why yes! Actually, that was part of the marijuana amendment to the Colorado constitution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Who the hell is "Nate Silver"?
Maybe, just maybe, you should read the link if you don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 07:49 PM
 
Location: Hinckley Ohio
6,722 posts, read 4,266,185 times
Reputation: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Why yes! Actually, that was part of the marijuana amendment to the Colorado constitution.



Maybe, just maybe, you should read the link if you don't know.
Can you believe that someone, anyone that has watched the last election doesn't know who Nate is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 10:10 PM
 
Location: Inwood
552 posts, read 610,726 times
Reputation: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I agree. I have never heard people claiming voter fraud based on their personal observations of yard signs, or the lack thereof.

I mean, I don't think I saw a single yard sign here in Fort Worth, either for Mr. Romney or President Obama. All that I saw (at least in my neighborhood) consisted of signs for local races.

Thus, since I did not see any Obama or Romney yard signs, the only logical conclusion is that neither received any votes.
I didn't put up a yard sign because the last thing I need is some tinfoil hat mob outside my house. I actually had to remove my Obama bumper sticker because I was worried my car would get keyed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 10:24 PM
 
10,546 posts, read 7,516,225 times
Reputation: 16224
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycewv View Post
I didn't put up a yard sign because the last thing I need is some tinfoil hat mob outside my house. I actually had to remove my Obama bumper sticker because I was worried my car would get keyed.
Same here. I live in North Texas.
I live in a heavy Red area and there were very few signs or bumper stickers for either Presidential ticket. Lots of OMG's, though. I was disheartened that so many people were more about getting rid of Obama than they were about supporting Romney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 PM
 
12,633 posts, read 14,642,542 times
Reputation: 14164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
See what I said about the danger of staying within the confines of the echo chamber?
Is that one of your favorite phrases? You say it a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2012, 01:46 AM
 
33,184 posts, read 39,183,307 times
Reputation: 28531
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Is that one of your favorite phrases? You say it a lot.
Few of my current favorite phrases is
Romney in a landslide..
Alternate reality.
Alternate knowledge base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top