Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2012, 11:57 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,291,433 times

Advertisements

Im not even going to read the garbage. Come on Republicans quit pouting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 11:57 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Link?

In Ohio you need an ID.
Not being from Ohio I would like to know what is needed to vote early? Does one have to go anywhere to request an early vote or just mail in the "proof" get the ballot and send back the ballot? I don't really understand how the ID works with early voting. I don't think I even understand about voting in Kansas where picture ID was required when voting in person. Could you explain how it worked in Ohio, for me.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Give an address or a name? At my polling place, you are asked your name and your name must appear in the book they have. Not sure what the official name of the book is, but it has all the registered voters in the area listed in it, alongside a facsimile of your signature from your voters card. You have to sign next to facsimile too.
That sounds pretty good but how does early voting work in your state? I really wish I could get people to explain how that works. I am in a tiny voting area and all the names are in the book and you have to sign, also, but also have to show your photo ID, too. I guess I will try to vote absentee the next time to see how they are handling all that "early" voting.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:03 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Not being from Ohio I would like to know what is needed to vote early? Does one have to go anywhere to request an early vote or just mail in the "proof" get the ballot and send back the ballot? I don't really understand how the ID works with early voting. I don't think I even understand about voting in Kansas where picture ID was required when voting in person. Could you explain how it worked in Ohio, for me.
Funny thing about early voting in Ohio, you do not show an ID but on election day you do.

Early voting is instant absentee balloting, you go to the board of election and do an on the spot absentee ballot.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
This has been studied. Out of tens of millions of votes, only a handful of people have tried to vote for someone else. There just isn't enough in it. Besides, remember all those people who walked up to the polling place and were told that they already voted? Me neither.

The fact is that the Republican Party hasn't learned anything about their message, so they blame fraud on their loss. The Republican Party is going the way of the Whig Party.
I would think that making sure Obamacare gets into effect along with all those "Obamaphones" and all the other goodies that Cleveland woman spoke of would be enough for many people. Can you tell me how 47 registered people from a rest home with 20 beds couldn't provide 27 fraudulent votes?

Old 11-13-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I will take it for granted that you got different results from your Google search than I would have because of what you asked for and what I would have asked for.

The first two things on your page were from YouTube and leaners keep telling me that YouTube is not a good place, although the videos I post although on YouTube come from other sites.

The last four links on your page came from Think Progress and HuffPo and I never see either of them on my requests from Google. I try to ask for things from them in unbiased sounding words and your example wasn't very unbiased sounding. Maybe someday you will come to realize that all the search engines work the same way and always give you results that seem like what you want to know.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:27 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I would think that making sure Obamacare gets into effect along with all those "Obamaphones" and all the other goodies that Cleveland woman spoke of would be enough for many people. Can you tell me how 47 registered people from a rest home with 20 beds couldn't provide 27 fraudulent votes?
Come on Roy. The correct name for those phones is Reagan phones. He is the one who initiated the program. If you want to split hairs you could call the current iteration of the phone, "the Bush phones" because he was the one who extended the program to cell phones.
Roy, my friend, I respect your views, even though they do not correspond with mine, but when you engage in obvious exaggeration and outright distortion in many of your posts, it's hard to participate in good faith with your threads. Just a friendly heads up.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:43 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Give it up, Roy. You were another victim of the conservative echo chamber, and got sucked into believing all of the pink cloud it spun all year. I know Romney's loss was a shock, but next time, trust the facts more than your beliefs. The most basic fact was Obama never lost his 44% approval rate from beginning to end. That was his floor, and it held as solid as a rock all year.

There was no conspiracy. And all the fluff, like the phones, was never anything that was a big deal. All of the name calling only made Obama's support more solid and determined. All of the minority hatred backfired. And all the social issues blew up in the conservative's faces.

Accept that America is not the country we both grew up in. It's still America, but it has changed. You just didn't pay attention, and when you did, you wanted to go back to what you thought were the good old days. Those days weren't all good, and good or not, they are gone forever. This is a new century.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:05 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,933,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Give it up, Roy. You were another victim of the conservative echo chamber, and got sucked into believing all of the pink cloud it spun all year. I know Romney's loss was a shock, but next time, trust the facts more than your beliefs. The most basic fact was Obama never lost his 44% approval rate from beginning to end. That was his floor, and it held as solid as a rock all year.

There was no conspiracy. And all the fluff, like the phones, was never anything that was a big deal. All of the name calling only made Obama's support more solid and determined. All of the minority hatred backfired. And all the social issues blew up in the conservative's faces.

Accept that America is not the country we both grew up in. It's still America, but it has changed. You just didn't pay attention, and when you did, you wanted to go back to what you thought were the good old days. Those days weren't all good, and good or not, they are gone forever. This is a new century.
I remember the uptight "Ozzie and Harriet" 1950s. They were not clean and pure like conservatives choose to believe.
For one, the puritanical sexual taboos were so overwhelming, parents were afraid to discuss the subject with their daughters - thus a rash of teen pregnancies broke out. The word "sex" itself was not even uttered. Check out those old TV sitcoms where husband and wife had to sleep in separate beds. Hard to imagine in today's world.
Also, there were some of today's problems festering under the surface, blithely ignored in the post-war euphoria.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:11 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
A mural of the President of the United States on the wall of a public school is "shenannigans" [sic]? The mural had been there for since 2009. You are misinformed. Again.

Apparently some folks can't figure out the intricacies of Philadelphia's neighborhoods and electorate the first time they read about them.

Incorrect. The 100 percent issue occurred in 59 of Philadelphia's voting precincts. The city has 1,687 precincts overall.

Here's the story again; maybe this time it will sink in:

In 59 Philadelphia voting divisions, Mitt Romney got zero votes - Philly.com

No, I wasn't, the mural was put up in one of the voting divisions, and they were ordered to take it down. I don't know anything about the school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections