U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-11-2012, 06:35 PM
 
37,998 posts, read 18,937,843 times
Reputation: 12082

Advertisements

Anyone with common sense knows that when Obama fails he will point at anything but himself to blame. Just like he and the DEMS used strong arm methods to get lenders to give loans and blamed it on Bush. He is now using strong arm methods with republicans to get his way.

First some history:

It was senator Obama, himself who adamantly demanded that banks make more loans to low-income borrowers. Sub-prime loans became the great American rip-off. Obama and the Democrats strong-armed lenders to give loans to people who could not repay them.

Controlling the nationís purse strings in Congress from 2008 to 2010 and denying any legislative remedy in the Democrat-controlled Senate from 2008 until today, the Democrats steered the economy toward the fiscal cliff. With the DEMS were behind the wheel of the financial meltdown. Members were voted out in 2010 by an angry constituency.

Then Obama lies to the American people and blames it on Bush when the facts are it is Bush who tried to warn them against it "17 times". The left wing media of course goes along with the lie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-11-2012, 06:38 PM
 
37,998 posts, read 18,937,843 times
Reputation: 12082
Truth About The Housing Collapse and Financial Meltdown of 2008 - Rant PoliticalRant Political

That’s right, the banks did it. In reality, it is another glaring example of Barack Obama and the Progressive Democrats‘ adeptness at avoiding culpability and deflecting blame. After all, to this date, they have continually fooled so many about their role in perpetuating the housing collapse that thrust the economy into a nose dive.

Voters lacking enough information to connect-the-dots as they point accusingly at their partners in crime. Most Americans have been told by Obama’s lap-dog media that it was all the fault of greedy bankers, mortgage brokers and Wall Street derivatives — some of which came into play once the set-up and the opportunity for greed bated the bad players into joint accountability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2012, 06:38 PM
 
17,022 posts, read 9,064,676 times
Reputation: 5685
Yep, and the Dems at the wheel proclaimed there was not a problem.

We saw what that transpired into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2012, 06:39 PM
 
37,998 posts, read 18,937,843 times
Reputation: 12082
For those who are listening to the fallacy that everything is "Bush's Fault", think about this: January 3rd, 2007 was the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress.

Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democrat Party. Furthermore, the Democrats have controlled the budget process for January 2007 to 2011.

And where was Barack Obama during this time? He was a member of that very Congress that passed all of these massive spending bills, and he signed the omnibus bill as President to complete 2009.

If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself. In a nutshell, what Obama is saying is I inherited a deficit that I voted for and then I voted to expand that deficit four-fold since January 20th.


Democrats retain control of the Senate where they remain incalcitrant by refusing to even allow a vote on a national budget that could move the nation toward economic recovery. Obama, meanwhile, is actively emptying the U.S. treasury by tossing Americanís tax dollar at everything from speculating on doomed-to-fail green projects to refurbishing mosques in the Middle East.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2012, 06:39 PM
 
Location: One of the 13 original colonies.
9,963 posts, read 6,097,687 times
Reputation: 7828
Hell yes. Without a shadow of a doubt. Everyone has been at fault over the last four years except him. Not gonna change now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2012, 06:40 PM
 
12,973 posts, read 12,134,962 times
Reputation: 5398
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Anyone with common sense knows that when Obama fails he will point at anything but himself to blame. Just like he and the DEMS used strong arm methods to get lenders to give loans and blamed it on Bush. He is now using strong arm methods with republicans to get his way.

First some history:

It was senator Obama, himself who adamantly demanded that banks make more loans to low-income borrowers. Sub-prime loans became the great American rip-off. Obama and the Democrats strong-armed lenders to give loans to people who could not repay them.

Controlling the nationís purse strings in Congress from 2008 to 2010 and denying any legislative remedy in the Democrat-controlled Senate from 2008 until today, the Democrats steered the economy toward the fiscal cliff. With the DEMS were behind the wheel of the financial meltdown. Members were voted out in 2010 by an angry constituency.

Then Obama lies to the American people and blames it on Bush when the facts are it is Bush who tried to warn them against it "17 times". The left wing media of course goes along with the lie
Obama won. He was reelected. He cannot run again. He has no need to blame anyone for anything.

Unfortunately we will now have to sit through 4 years of the right wing claiming Obama is blaming somebody.

The stories of the CRA and low income borrowing being a part of the crash have been refuted in depth by all sorts of people. Only a true right winger would not know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2012, 06:42 PM
 
37,998 posts, read 18,937,843 times
Reputation: 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Hell yes. Without a shadow of a doubt. Everyone has been at fault over the last four years except him. Not gonna change now.
Nope, nothing will change and you can see him strong arming the republicans right now.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2012, 06:43 PM
 
14,357 posts, read 16,276,263 times
Reputation: 12870
Obama didn't fail in his first term. He's not going to fail in his 2nd term. He's a darn good president.

He's going to get the Bush tax cuts extended for everyone but the 1%, just like he promised. The economy is improving. He's going to get the fiscal cliff ironed out. He's going to get us out or Afganistan. Home prices are rising, home buiding is starting to come back. 1/1/14 the last part of ObamaCare kicks in.

It's all good. And it's going to get even better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2012, 06:45 PM
 
Location: Rome, Georgia
2,657 posts, read 3,198,670 times
Reputation: 1837
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Obama didn't fail in his first term. He's not going to fail in his 2nd term. He's a darn good president.

He's going to get the Bush tax cuts extended for everyone but the 1%, just like he promised. The economy is improving. He's going to get the fiscal cliff ironed out. He's going to get us out or Afganistan. Home prices are rising, home buiding is starting to come back. 1/1/14 the last part of ObamaCare kicks in.

It's all good. And it's going to get even better.
Yep, everything is great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2012, 06:53 PM
 
37,998 posts, read 18,937,843 times
Reputation: 12082
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
He has no need to blame anyone for anything.

Unfortunately we will now have to sit through 4 years of the right wing claiming Obama is blaming somebody.

The stories of the CRA and low income borrowing being a part of the crash have been refuted in depth by all sorts of people. Only a true right winger would not know that.
uh huh, everything is sure great lol.

Four more years of the same thing. Strong arming to get his way and blaming it on the republicans when it fails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top