U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 07:53 PM

2,657 posts, read 3,198,670 times

Advertisements

I'm not even going to spend the time coming up with an equally derogatory list of advantages that the red states would have, because 1) It's not going to happen, and 2) I'm not that big of an *******.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 07:53 PM

9,963 posts, read 6,097,687 times
I'm getting my popcorn and will wait for all of the ignorant beings on this board to come and tell us why the red States should secede and how much better the "blue" states are.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:59 PM

2,633 posts, read 2,961,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Can I petition the Obama Administration to send me a case of Ben & Jerry's too?
You don't get what you don't ask for

Old 11-11-2012, 08:04 PM

46,054 posts, read 28,260,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I'm getting my popcorn and will wait for all of the ignorant beings on this board to come and tell us why the red States should secede and how much better the "blue" states are.
Actually I think no state should secede, if you look at voting maps by who cast their vote in these elections, we live in a mostly purple country. If you kicked out any red states, you would be basically kicking out lots of people who vote Democrat as well which wouldn't make any sense.

The talk of seceding from the Union only makes sense on a geographical level, not a political level.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:09 PM

23,698 posts, read 16,014,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
THREAD FAIL!

Yoy know as well as I, that a citizen of a state filing a petition does not = a STATE petition of secession.

Once again - the liberals demonstate their dishonesty, deception, and flat out LIES.

The Dallas Examiner? I didn't reference them in italics because they don't deserve to be called an instrument of journalism.

Absolutely - PATHETIC!

(shakes head)
The question is...are you for real? Of course this is satire, but it it were to transpire, the blue states would get the exceedingly good and worthwhile stuff.. You'd get the Bible Belt and the deep south, so what is the problem?

Old 11-11-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually I think no state should secede, if you look at voting maps by who cast their vote in these elections, we live in a mostly purple country. If you kicked out any red states, you would be basically kicking out lots of people who vote Democrat as well which wouldn't make any sense.

The talk of seceding from the Union only makes sense on a geographical level, not a political level.

Exactly! You are right. It is the ignorant that do things like this. I know that there will be some who come on here and will defend this lunacy.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The question is...Are you for real? Of course this is satire, but it it were to transpire, the blue states would get the exceedingly good and worthwhile stuff.. You'd get the Bible Belt and the deep south, so what is the problem?

And I rest my case. LMAO.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:12 PM

23,698 posts, read 16,014,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
I'm not even going to spend the time coming up with an equally derogatory list of advantages that the red states would have, because 1) It's not going to happen, and 2) I'm not that big of an *******.
Personally, I cannot think of one thing from a red state that I have ever wanted or would ever want. No, can't think of any.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:00 PM

1 posts, read 795 times
Default Let's return to reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
Impressive! Out of states with a total population exceeding 125 million, this little cause has garnered all of 16 thousand votes.
Your smarminess-to-awareness ratio is over 9000! The first of these petitions was started just 5 days ago. Many others have been created this weekend. So yes, the numbers they have garnered do seem to be impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
but at least it would have some semblance of integrity. Now? It is just pitiable. Nothing more.
Had this happened before the election, I'm sure you would have been the very first to stand up and declare "Though I disagree, at least it [has] some semblance of integrity."

Old 11-11-2012, 09:11 PM

2,657 posts, read 3,198,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Personally, I cannot think of one thing from a red state that I have ever wanted or would ever want. No, can't think of any.
Nothing eh? Ignorance is bliss. Do just a small amount of research and get back to me. The arrogance is astounding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or