U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-11-2012, 09:13 PM
 
Location: Rome, Georgia
2,657 posts, read 3,200,073 times
Reputation: 1837

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Personally, I cannot think of one thing from a red state that I have ever wanted or would ever want. No, can't think of any.
On the other hand, your arrogance/ignorance make me personally identify with your moniker. So good job with that selection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-11-2012, 09:15 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,125 posts, read 21,142,633 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The question is...are you for real? Of course this is satire, but it it were to transpire, the blue states would get the exceedingly good and worthwhile stuff.. You'd get the Bible Belt and the deep south, so what is the problem?
Umm - I live in California - and if I move it will likely be to Washington.

Thise states aren't exactly the Bible Belt or the Deep South - so you are spewing nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2012, 09:20 PM
 
8,641 posts, read 8,778,597 times
Reputation: 5185
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Personally, I cannot think of one thing from a red state that I have ever wanted or would ever want. No, can't think of any.
Like Coca Cola? Who drinks Coke right?
Or oil or Coal, i mean no one uses that?
CNN? Bank of America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2012, 09:40 PM
 
23,715 posts, read 16,021,217 times
Reputation: 8718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Nothing eh? Ignorance is bliss. Do just a small amount of research and get back to me. The arrogance is astounding.
I repeat...NOT ONE. I buy biodynamic California wines, organic Hawaiian pineapples. I buy local produce when possible and we get great dairy products from the Amish of Pennsylvania here. The cosmetics I purchase are actually from Germany. I vacation in Portland, Oregon and Seattle Washington on holidays visiting relatives, I'm a proud tree hugger and have gone to a retreat twice to Mount Shasta and have read "The Legacy of Luna". When I indulge in cannabis, which is rather infrequently and on special occasions, my preference would be Maui Wowie. My favorite beaches are on Cape Cod and The Hamptons. NYC has just about anything else I might need or want. I attended college in Brooklyn and Upstate NY. Sorry, still can get along quite well in the no red state scenario. If I ever want a Confederate flag or to attend an Evangelical End Times Party, I'll know where to go, but that seems highly unlikely in the foreseeable future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2012, 09:46 PM
 
Location: East Fallowfield, PA
2,296 posts, read 3,976,486 times
Reputation: 1166
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2012, 09:54 PM
 
23,715 posts, read 16,021,217 times
Reputation: 8718
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Like Coca Cola? Who drinks Coke right?
Or oil or Coal, i mean no one uses that?
CNN? Bank of America?
I don't drink Coke. I don't drink soda at all. Coal? Why would I use coal? I don't own a car because in the city there is no need for one. BOA? Are they supposed to be a mandatory part of my life? Okay, here, I'll throw the south a bone...I make a great corn fritter from a recipe my 2nd generation NYC born grandmother gave me. I'm 3rd generation NYC...a Yankee thru and thru.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2012, 10:38 PM
 
1 posts, read 591 times
Reputation: 10
Let everyone thast signs these petitions go. We will be better off without them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2012, 10:48 PM
 
Location: Pacific NW
9,201 posts, read 5,379,948 times
Reputation: 7667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
THREAD FAIL!

Yoy know as well as I, that a citizen of a state filing a petition does not = a STATE petition of secession.



Once again - the liberals demonstate their dishonesty, deception, and flat out LIES.

The Dallas Examiner? I didn't reference them in italics because they don't deserve to be called an instrument of journalism.

Absolutely - PATHETIC!

(shakes head)
Can't rep you again so we'll just have to settle for repeating your exposure of the typical lies from the party that claims to be tolerant and inclusive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2012, 10:50 PM
 
Location: Cape Coral
5,478 posts, read 5,867,272 times
Reputation: 2189
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I don't drink Coke. I don't drink soda at all. Coal? Why would I use coal? I don't own a car because in the city there is no need for one. BOA? Are they supposed to be a mandatory part of my life? Okay, here, I'll throw the south a bone...I make a great corn fritter from a recipe my 2nd generation NYC born grandmother gave me. I'm 3rd generation NYC...a Yankee thru and thru.
NYC is a filthy, smelly, crowded city. There is garbage lined up and down every side walk two days a week. Pet feces stains and urine are also all over the sidewalks. Enjoy the steel dust and BO in the subway, the rats on the streets at night, the beggars all over the sidewalks, the overpriced real estate and restaurants, the sky high taxes and the crumbling infra- structure. Also happy not to have a bulls eye for terrorists where I live anymore. And coal? You do use electricity don't you? It is not coming from Solandra, that's for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2012, 11:09 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,054 posts, read 28,271,290 times
Reputation: 7824
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
NYC is a filthy, smelly, crowded city. There is garbage lined up and down every side walk two days a week. Pet feces stains and urine are also all over the sidewalks. Enjoy the steel dust and BO in the subway, the rats on the streets at night, the beggars all over the sidewalks, the overpriced real estate and restaurants, the sky high taxes and the crumbling infra- structure. Also happy not to have a bulls eye for terrorists where I live anymore. And coal? You do use electricity don't you? It is not coming from Solandra, that's for sure.
That is all very true descriptions of NYC, so is the fact that NYC is a $1.2trillion dollar economy for this country....I doubt where ever you live can brag about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top