U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 01:38 AM

3,348 posts, read 5,822,833 times

Advertisements

People are so indignant about this, but doesn't anyone remember that the Left threw the same tantrum after the 2004 election? Anyone else remember "the United States of Canada" and "Jesusland"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 02:59 AM

33,198 posts, read 39,260,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
THREAD FAIL!

Yoy know as well as I, that a citizen of a state filing a petition does not = a STATE petition of secession.

Once again - the liberals demonstate their dishonesty, deception, and flat out LIES.

The Dallas Examiner? I didn't reference them in italics because they don't deserve to be called an instrument of journalism.

Absolutely - PATHETIC!

(shakes head)
Arent these all red states? and if they are such sore losers that they want to secede from the union because the vote didnt go their way how does this demonstrate Liberal dishonesty?
Seems to more represent rightwing lunacy.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:52 AM

28,265 posts, read 43,579,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian71 View Post
People are so indignant about this, but doesn't anyone remember that the Left threw the same tantrum after the 2004 election? Anyone else remember "the United States of Canada" and "Jesusland"?
Uhhh, that was just a joke... does the word satire mean nothing to you all?? I guess you thought this was an official government map, LOL.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:24 AM

10,979 posts, read 7,756,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I repeat...NOT ONE. I buy biodynamic California wines, organic Hawaiian pineapples. I buy local produce when possible and we get great dairy products from the Amish of Pennsylvania here. The cosmetics I purchase are actually from Germany. I vacation in Portland, Oregon and Seattle Washington on holidays visiting relatives, I'm a proud tree hugger and have gone to a retreat twice to Mount Shasta and have read "The Legacy of Luna". When I indulge in cannabis, which is rather infrequently and on special occasions, my preference would be Maui Wowie. My favorite beaches are on Cape Cod and The Hamptons. NYC has just about anything else I might need or want. I attended college in Brooklyn and Upstate NY. Sorry, still can get along quite well in the no red state scenario. If I ever want a Confederate flag or to attend an Evangelical End Times Party, I'll know where to go, but that seems highly unlikely in the foreseeable future.
Are you saying that you would be for a trade embargo with these newly formed nations?

Old 11-14-2012, 09:25 AM

10,979 posts, read 7,756,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Arent these all red states? and if they are such sore losers that they want to secede from the union because the vote didnt go their way how does this demonstrate Liberal dishonesty?
New York and New Jersey were represented on the list.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:36 AM

6,236 posts, read 6,098,886 times
I'll see your petition and raise you one

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...erica/dmQl1bXL

Old 11-14-2012, 09:45 AM

49,077 posts, read 39,540,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
16,000 signers / 125,000,000 in population = 0.013%

That's about 1 in 7800 people.

Really, that's all you need to make statements about a group of people?

Wow, get a grip.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:48 AM

47,314 posts, read 24,727,647 times
Uh...hasn't there been enough of this secessionist nonsense?

I mean, what's the point?

Old 11-14-2012, 09:52 AM

Just remember folks, the magic number around here is now 7800.

That should cut down on the voting issue in my home town of about 6,000 people.

Just randomly select one person and have them choose the mayor and city council because clearly 1 person can represent the views of all 6,000. It's statistically significant!

What a freaking sad thread. At what point did idiocy become acceptable in the United States....and I'm talking about the petition signers AND the partisan mouth breathers that are no better than them.

Have you guys no shame? No sense of embarassment over your lack of education?

Old 11-14-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Uh...hasn't there been enough of this secessionist nonsense?

I mean, what's the point?
It's just a good old fashioned temper tantrum by a miniscule portion of the population, followed by their mental equivalents re-hashing it as an indictment of entire states populations.

A few percent of the US population has a mental illness, you are essentially seeing the crazies come out on both sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or