U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 07:17 AM

18,949 posts, read 21,942,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
As you have shown in your posts in this thread, the only "reason" you need is to try and make yourself feel justified in your bias.

Attempted and continual insults instead of facts, failure to back up your charges, lack of clear thinking demonstrated by your posts and spoon fed ideology from your masters. Yeah, that truly displays what you would consider "common sense", something profoundly lacking in your posts.

As for a "reason", have you read the other supporting Obama posts in this thread? Of course you attempt to spin them to suit your prejudice so that you don't have to independently think on the subject, but that is congruent with those of your mindset.

Keep up attempting your diversions without answering any direct questions or providing evidence to back up you obamagoggled views.

I am just waiting for you to charge me with being a racist because I don't agree with Obama. That is the next of your tactics, right?
I have no idea if you are racist or not - nor do I care.
I just know that you've essentially admitted that you are basing your assumption that Obama will sieze power and become "President for life" on NOTHING at all except that fact that you "feel" he will do so.

THAT is not LOGICAL, it's not SENSICAL, and shows an immature preference for emotion over actual THOUGHT.

You are certainly free to "feel" whatever you want to "feel". Just don't expect others to take what you "feel" seriously. A prediction based on that is nothing more than a joke and that your "feeling" is likely nothing more than gas.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 09:51 AM

5,478 posts, read 5,869,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Uh - there is a little thing called the 22nd Amendment that kind of ruins your fantasies.
Since when has Obama let the constitution stand in his way.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Since when has Obama let the constitution stand in his way.
I haven't seen the Supreme say he's violated it.

The fact that YOU may feel he has is UNIMPORTANT.
Who are YOU to decide that?
You're a nobody.
You don't get to decide that for ANYONE.
The day you are appointed to the Supreme Court is the day YOU can make that call.
Until then, you are just a gasbag.

Ken

Old 11-16-2012, 10:15 AM

18,339 posts, read 11,623,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Just think how much more transformation we could have if Obama had eight more years instead of only four more.

No, he won't.

Relax the tighty whities.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:43 PM

10,946 posts, read 7,980,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Quote:
I have no idea if you are racist or not - nor do I care.
I just know that you've essentially admitted that you are basing your assumption that Obama will seize power and become "President for life" on NOTHING at all except that fact that you "feel" he will do so.
And you are basing your assumption on nothing but the fact that you feel he will not do as I say. Time, not you, will tell who is correct.
Quote:

THAT is not LOGICAL, it's not SENSICAL, and shows an immature preference for emotion over actual THOUGHT.

You are certainly free to "feel" whatever you want to "feel". "
Ken
You really should not use words like LOGICAL and SENSICAL after being shown to not knowing what you are talking about and pushing your assumptions as hard facts.

Perhaps you should take your own advice and "Just don't expect others to take what you "feel" seriously. A prediction based on that is nothing more than a joke and that your "feeling" is likely nothing more than gas." You have no special dispensation to declare as fact what you feel to be true in the future.

What you deride as feelings, perhaps you and the rest of the liberals should quit with the feelings and actually listen to what others are saying. You are not omnipotent and have been shown to be wrong numerous times so just stop.

Your opinions and thoughts carry no weight with anyone but yourself.

BTW, why are you so upset about this if you don't suspect that there is a grain of possibility in it, hmm?

Old 11-17-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
You really should not use words like LOGICAL and SENSICAL after being shown to not knowing what you are talking about and pushing your assumptions as hard facts.

Perhaps you should take your own advice and "Just don't expect others to take what you "feel" seriously. A prediction based on that is nothing more than a joke and that your "feeling" is likely nothing more than gas." You have no special dispensation to declare as fact what you feel to be true in the future.

What you deride as feelings, perhaps you and the rest of the liberals should quit with the feelings and actually listen to what others are saying. You are not omnipotent and have been shown to be wrong numerous times so just stop.

Your opinions and thoughts carry no weight with anyone but yourself.

BTW, why are you so upset about this if you don't suspect that there is a grain of possibility in it, hmm?
YOU are the one who's making predictions based on your "feelling".

I'm sure all those wingnuts on this board "felt" that Romney was going to win the election - DESPITE what the polls showed.
I'm sure they all "felt" that Obama's birth certificate would prove to be fake.
I'm sure they all "felt" that Obama would embrace bin Laden and and turn the US into a Muslim state. :smack
Heck, I'm sure they all "felt" that McCain was going to win 4 years ago.

I "feel" like I'm going to win the lotto so maybe I should invest my life savings in lottery tickets.

Your "feeling" and 4 quarters will get you a cola from a local pop machine.

How about a little EVIDENCE to back up your "feeling"?

Ken

Old 11-18-2012, 07:55 AM

10,946 posts, read 7,980,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
YOU are the one who's making predictions based on your "feelling".

I'm sure all those wingnuts on this board "felt" that Romney was going to win the election - DESPITE what the polls showed.
I'm sure they all "felt" that Obama's birth certificate would prove to be fake.
I'm sure they all "felt" that Obama would embrace bin Laden and and turn the US into a Muslim state. :smack
Heck, I'm sure they all "felt" that McCain was going to win 4 years ago.

I "feel" like I'm going to win the lotto so maybe I should invest my life savings in lottery tickets.

Your "feeling" and 4 quarters will get you a cola from a local pop machine.

How about a little EVIDENCE to back up your "feeling"?

Ken
Well, using this post as an example, you dodge everything that you "feel" does damage to your position, post fabrications, refuse to answer questions as to why, continue to go along strictly with your party line and show an obvious reluctance to admit to the possibility of being wrong.

Straying from the op as you have, there is no point in continuing the discussion.

Have fun in the Republic of Obama.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:09 AM

9,196 posts, read 22,897,107 times
Not believing that one day someone could certainly decide to pull a coup and try to overthrow our government is, I believe, naive. We're so fat and comfortable and spoiled as a populace that I'm sure there are people in the world who think we're easy pickings.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:17 AM

9,196 posts, read 22,897,107 times
A simple Google search pulled up some cases where Sharia law was upheld in US courts ; Florida, Denver... and Oklahoma tried to ban it from being used in their courts, and the Fed shot it down telling them they can't ban Sharia law.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:35 AM

5,307 posts, read 5,916,597 times
Quote:
As I said in my first post on this subject, I feel that within three years he will attempt an excutive order declaring himself president for life. It is an opinion and prediction. That means it doesn't have to have any evidence, or need a cvhange to any law which you and yours would attempt to spin away anyway, like everything else the idiot in chief does.
And that's an opinion and prediction based on ignorance, and therefore, dumb. It's completely based on your animosity that carries you into fantasy land, with no relationship to fact, law, precedent, reality, our Constitution, or anything resembling an intelligent analysis.

For example, Nate Silver's predictions were based on math, reality, and past evidence. They were not dumb.

Had someone predicted Obama would win because he was born in Hawaii, that prediction would be dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or