U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-18-2012, 12:36 PM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 7,981,003 times
Reputation: 3602

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
And that's an opinion and prediction based on ignorance, and therefore, dumb. It's completely based on your animosity that carries you into fantasy land, with no relationship to fact, law, precedent, reality, our Constitution, or anything resembling an intelligent analysis.

For example, Nate Silver's predictions were based on math, reality, and past evidence. They were not dumb.

Had someone predicted Obama would win because he was born in Hawaii, that prediction would be dumb.
In point of fact, blatant denial and refusal to vary from you own pre-conceived beliefs is what is dumb along with total faith in anything/anyone that you happen to agree with.

Narrow world you live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-18-2012, 05:50 PM
 
5,307 posts, read 5,917,416 times
Reputation: 2593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
In point of fact, blatant denial and refusal to vary from you own pre-conceived beliefs is what is dumb along with total faith in anything/anyone that you happen to agree with.

Narrow world you live in.
Give me a likely scenario in your "broad" world in which Obama could run for, and be elected, president in 2016.

Keep in mind: it's not that I believe that the 22nd amendment forbids this, it's not that I believe repeal of the amendment would be nearly impossible (especially with a Republican House), it's actual fact.

Whereas the fanciful predictions that Obama could do such a thing are based on fantasy and belief borne of animus to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2012, 06:06 PM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 7,981,003 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Give me a likely scenario in your "broad" world in which Obama could run for, and be elected, president in 2016.

Keep in mind: it's not that I believe that the 22nd amendment forbids this, it's not that I believe repeal of the amendment would be nearly impossible (especially with a Republican House), it's actual fact.

Whereas the fanciful predictions that Obama could do such a thing are based on fantasy and belief borne of animus to him.
Comprehension problem on your part?

I never said that he would run for re-election. I said that I would not be surprised to see him attempt to declare himself president for life by executive order. You know, that end around that he likes to use to get around the Constitution.

Try to keep up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2012, 06:25 PM
 
5,307 posts, read 5,917,416 times
Reputation: 2593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Comprehension problem on your part?

I never said that he would run for re-election. I said that I would not be surprised to see him attempt to declare himself president for life by executive order. You know, that end around that he likes to use to get around the Constitution.

Try to keep up.
I was going with the subject of the thread. Your idea is just as preposterous. I like to deal with reality.

Were you as convinced that Bill Clinton (364 executive orders in 8 years) and George Bush (291 in 8 yrs) would also declare themselves illegal presidents? Obama's at about 138 EOs now. What about Reagan (381) or Truman (907)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2012, 07:58 PM
 
8,561 posts, read 5,221,759 times
Reputation: 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
This is not NYC thank God, no, the current system will remain and he will not be the Pres in 2016. Of course, we can always wait for Michelle; please dear God, if you care for our country, don't let that happen!!!!:smack

As for Hillary, I still do not think she will run, so when someone talks about the first woman Pres it won't be Hillary....
My guess is that there is not enough money in the world nor could there be enough praise, encouragement, and begging to convince Michelle Obama to be President! I don't know how she does it, being the wife of the President, with all the horrible, mean, and vicious things said about her on a daily basis, regardless of what she does.

I disagree with you about Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2012, 09:28 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
20,818 posts, read 41,501,944 times
Reputation: 14053
Hillary won't run. She's too tired. She will be 69 y/o in 2016. Women and men at 69 - two different animals. I felt like at kid at 63. Not so much now, at 70. Look at her campaign pictures in 2008. Look at her today. The woman has been run into the ground in four short years.

Online NewsHour: Presidential Election Coverage: Vote 2008 | Candidate: Hillary Clinton | PBS
Hillary Clinton Photos - Secretary Hillary Clinton Visits South Australia - Zimbio

Hillary won't run, she's too tired and, in 2016, she'll be too old.

If, by some remote chance, she REALLY wants to be President, if I were her, when she's done at State, I would get myself to a spa and spend two months, at least. Losing weight, sleeping, detoxifying, hormone treatments, physical trainer, the works, with a very disciplined followup regimen when I got out. And, getting a new hairdo. Chelsea insisted Hillary let her hair grow. Bad advice.

Knowing her, she won't do it. But, if she doesn't, no way she'll be able to run another Presidential campaign and then serve as President for 4-8 years. If she serves 8 years, she'll be 77 when she leaves office. Mother nature is not kind to women after age 65.

Not happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2012, 08:27 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 7,981,003 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I was going with the subject of the thread. Your idea is just as preposterous. I like to deal with reality.

Were you as convinced that Bill Clinton (364 executive orders in 8 years) and George Bush (291 in 8 yrs) would also declare themselves illegal presidents? Obama's at about 138 EOs now. What about Reagan (381) or Truman (907)?
All it would take is one order. I know that you can't conceive of your savior and god doing anything illegal, but just take an unbiased look at his record, if you dare. If you truly like to "deal with reality" why do you buy all the lies that the liar-in-chief continues to put out there?

Typical of the uncaring (except for their own power) liberal democrat. What is truly "preposterous" is that you blindly continue to believe what you are spoon fed by someone who spins any fact that he finds uncomfortable and claims it to be something else.

That is the way dictators begin,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2012, 08:06 AM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
18,964 posts, read 21,946,160 times
Reputation: 6544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Well, using this post as an example, you dodge everything that you "feel" does damage to your position, post fabrications, refuse to answer questions as to why, continue to go along strictly with your party line and show an obvious reluctance to admit to the possibility of being wrong.

Straying from the op as you have, there is no point in continuing the discussion.

Have fun in the Republic of Obama.
In other words, you simply don't have any proof that Obama will attempt to be "Dictator for Life" - which is what's I've said all along.

When you get proof, get back to us.
Right now you've got zilch (your "feeling" doesn't count as "proof").

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2012, 05:47 PM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 7,981,003 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
In other words, you simply don't have any proof that Obama will attempt to be "Dictator for Life" - which is what's I've said all along.

When you get proof, get back to us.
Right now you've got zilch (your "feeling" doesn't count as "proof").

Ken
Nor does yours to the contrary. You continue to demand "proof" yet fail to provide any in defense of your stance.


Typical obamabot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2012, 12:10 AM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
18,964 posts, read 21,946,160 times
Reputation: 6544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Nor does yours to the contrary. You continue to demand "proof" yet fail to provide any in defense of your stance.


Typical obamabot.
"Typical obamabot" - oh you mean "LOGICAL" and "RATIONAL" - you know? Someone who doesn't make a prediction based ONLY on what they "feel"? Yeah, I'll go along with that - and wear it as a "badge of honor" even.

WHAT "proof" do I need to provide?
YOU are the one who made the "prediction" - NOT ME.




Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top