U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 06:47 AM

30,146 posts, read 15,711,680 times

Advertisements

If you watched only the RCP averages, the race in Ohio was very close. Indeed, most agreed, "too close to call." But other considerably more accurate polls were showing a strong Romney momentum in Ohio; a "surge" if you will. And, those polls showed Romney gaining the lead by considerable margins late in October.

Secondly, if you lived here, you couldn't miss the absence of Obama/Biden yard signs, and the plethora of Roney/Ryan signs. Things looked good for our state, and also given that our state recently threw off a corrupt Democrat governor, along with his "people" in the legislature, it seemed to many of us here that, despite what the Legacy Media was reporting, Romney owned Ohio.

There was also a noticible difference in the size of the crowds the Romney drew. He drew huge crowds that dwarfed Obama's.

So, what happened? These two articles, I believe, provide the answer.
"Allegedly, volunteer poll workers in the Buckeye state reported seeing "van loads of Ohio residents born in Somalia" being ferried in to vote early. Once at the polls, in lieu of Republican translators and UN poll watchers, the Democrats themselves were providing Somali/Arabic translation. Seems the Obama campaign is getting out the vote by teaching Somali immigrants the ins and outs of the voting process.
Witnesses at the Columbus, Ohio Morse Road polling center reported Somalis arriving in buses, being handed a slate card, and being told by helpful Democrats to vote "brown," for Senator Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), all the way down the card."

Read more: Blog: Are Somali Pirates Voting in Ohio?

"In this unproductive week of finger pointing and teeth gnashing, I am prepared to argue that Indiana tells us potentially more about America's future than Ohio.
In the week before the election, I was invited to speak at my alma mater, Purdue University. As I drove around West Lafayette, what caught my eye was the absence of Obama signs. I did not see one, not even in the faculty neighborhoods. As Obama's unpopularity grew during the last four years, his team at some point decided to concede Indiana. From their perspective, Indiana lacked one tactical asset that Ohio had -- early voting.
Early voting is a boon for the vote harvesters. The vote harvester's mission is to gather unthinking collectives of potential voters -- nursing home residents, college students, skid-row dwellers, recent immigrants -- and get them to vote. Harvesting does not necessarily mean fraud, but it clearly encourages the same. In James O'Keefe's Project Veritas videos, we saw how easy it was for even a congressman's son -- in this case, Pat Moran, son of Jim -- to cross the line from harvesting to cheating.
Early voting makes harvesting all the more economical. Fewer people on the ground can get more accomplished. At an Obama rally at Ohio State, my friends in Columbus tell me, the Obama campaign provided a steady stream of busses to take rally-goers right to the polls, one stop shopping."

Read more: Articles: The Real Lesson of the Election
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 07:14 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,953,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
If you watched only the RCP averages, the race in Ohio was very close. Indeed, most agreed, "too close to call." But other considerably more accurate polls were showing a strong Romney momentum in Ohio; a "surge" if you will. And, those polls showed Romney gaining the lead by considerable margins late in October.

Secondly, if you lived here, you couldn't miss the absence of Obama/Biden yard signs, and the plethora of Roney/Ryan signs. Things looked good for our state, and also given that our state recently threw off a corrupt Democrat governor, along with his "people" in the legislature, it seemed to many of us here that, despite what the Legacy Media was reporting, Romney owned Ohio.

There was also a noticible difference in the size of the crowds the Romney drew. He drew huge crowds that dwarfed Obama's.

So, what happened? These two articles, I believe, provide the answer.
"Allegedly, volunteer poll workers in the Buckeye state reported seeing "van loads of Ohio residents born in Somalia" being ferried in to vote early. Once at the polls, in lieu of Republican translators and UN poll watchers, the Democrats themselves were providing Somali/Arabic translation. Seems the Obama campaign is getting out the vote by teaching Somali immigrants the ins and outs of the voting process.
Witnesses at the Columbus, Ohio Morse Road polling center reported Somalis arriving in buses, being handed a slate card, and being told by helpful Democrats to vote "brown," for Senator Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), all the way down the card."

Read more: Blog: Are Somali Pirates Voting in Ohio?

"In this unproductive week of finger pointing and teeth gnashing, I am prepared to argue that Indiana tells us potentially more about America's future than Ohio.
In the week before the election, I was invited to speak at my alma mater, Purdue University. As I drove around West Lafayette, what caught my eye was the absence of Obama signs. I did not see one, not even in the faculty neighborhoods. As Obama's unpopularity grew during the last four years, his team at some point decided to concede Indiana. From their perspective, Indiana lacked one tactical asset that Ohio had -- early voting.
Early voting is a boon for the vote harvesters. The vote harvester's mission is to gather unthinking collectives of potential voters -- nursing home residents, college students, skid-row dwellers, recent immigrants -- and get them to vote. Harvesting does not necessarily mean fraud, but it clearly encourages the same. In James O'Keefe's Project Veritas videos, we saw how easy it was for even a congressman's son -- in this case, Pat Moran, son of Jim -- to cross the line from harvesting to cheating.
Early voting makes harvesting all the more economical. Fewer people on the ground can get more accomplished. At an Obama rally at Ohio State, my friends in Columbus tell me, the Obama campaign provided a steady stream of busses to take rally-goers right to the polls, one stop shopping."

Read more: Articles: The Real Lesson of the Election

Old 11-12-2012, 07:35 AM

27,988 posts, read 37,975,264 times
Still squealing like pigs.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:13 AM

7,215 posts, read 7,586,768 times
Haha, what a sore loser you are. Also, gotta love how people of supposed Somali ethnicity are automatically "pirates." Oh, but you're not a racist, right?

Old 11-12-2012, 08:25 AM

10,033 posts, read 5,766,711 times
It is all true! I happened to be in Ohio Tuesday, and here is an actual photo I took of one of them lousy pirates:

Moderator cut: image removed

Shiver me timbers!

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 07:48 PM..

Old 11-12-2012, 08:39 AM

2,633 posts, read 2,968,461 times
What i find amazing is even in the face of defeat, they still continue to rely on the same discredited, flawed news sources. They can't accept their policies and leaders were rejected; no, it must be the other guy cheated...

Here are the election results in convenient emoticon format:

Old 11-12-2012, 08:47 AM

4,922 posts, read 3,500,903 times
I voted for the other guy. 2 thoughts:

1. Republicans need to stop whining because the Dems have faster and more efficient systems to get their voters to the polls. Repubs can rent buses as well. Get yourselves organized to get people to the polls. Just freakin' do it.

2. If Dems can rent buses to take people to the polls, they can rent buses to take people to get a picture ID. This business of showing utility bills or writing down a Social Security number is ridiculous. Everybody knows its ridiculous and everybody knows that it doesn't disenfranchise anybody. Just prove you are who you say you are. Just freakin' do it.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:08 AM

1,691 posts, read 1,595,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You guys don't ever give up.

Here are all of the polls from Ohio:

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Ohio: Romney vs. Obama

Please point out the ones that Romney was "surging" in.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:07 PM

4,999 posts, read 3,759,382 times
If you're going to start threads like this, you'll need to change your moniker.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:32 PM

27,439 posts, read 15,121,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
If you're going to start threads like this, you'll need to change your moniker.
Totally agree. Columbus does have a fairly large Somolian population; but no resident that I know - had any thought of Romney winning this state - despite the fact that the OP felt great excitement during the Romney rallys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or