U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 03:24 PM

26 posts, read 19,227 times

Advertisements

The GOP is indeed in very big trouble. With minorities being a larger and larger portion of the electorate they can't win by continuing to alienating them. The GOP praised the racist Arizona Immigration law as a model for the nation. Alienating women with ignorant comments about rape and birth control also was very damaging. The GOP either quits the racist and sexist rhetoric or they're doomed.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:38 PM

758 posts, read 477,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbia752 View Post
The GOP is indeed in very big trouble. With minorities being a larger and larger portion of the electorate they can't win by continuing to alienating them. The GOP praised the racist Arizona Immigration law as a model for the nation. Alienating women with ignorant comments about rape and birth control also was very damaging. The GOP either quits the racist and sexist rhetoric or they're doomed.
First they must stop blaming the media for their losses. Then they must look in the mirror and reassess their values which takes gall.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:07 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,971,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The GOP allows EVERYONE the OPPORTUNITY to succeed. The fact that you think these people cant succeed without government says more about how you think about them, than anything the GOP could ever say or do..
What a freaking joke.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:23 PM

22,161 posts, read 26,684,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Californians voted to tax themselves (rich and poor) to improve their schools, try that in a Republican state.
The schools already get plenty of money from lottery tickets sales, of which the funds are "supposed to" go to schools.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:32 PM

31,777 posts, read 24,058,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
I'm not particularly interested in getting inolved in this war of words...you guys are doing well enough. But...to address your question that wasn't answered by einstein I just wanted to supply this...
I do struggle comprehending what some post around here... just tell me this was just a typo.

Quote:
I haven't read it all but it looks like California's revised deficit is $15.7 Billion. Their debt is currently around 382 Billion. Currently that is a debt to GDP ratio of 18.7%.

Maybe this will list some of the major contributors to the deficit (FYI this thing is 94 pages long).

From my skimming it looks like the biggest contributors are as follows:
-Education--Prop 98 funding increases
-Medi-Cal
-Natural Resources
-Labor and Workforce Development
-Corrections

Growth is forecasted but very slow growth. So...I don't know if this will bolster anyones argument but here is the link for further review.

http://www.ebudget.ca.gov/pdf/Revise...getSummary.pdf
Let us stick with federal revenue and spending. Hence, answer my question accordingly, if you must choose to respond to it.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:09 PM

758 posts, read 477,818 times
If the GOP wants to remain in business, they'd better ditch the Tea Party, or they can kiss the entire country good-bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections