U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 11:57 AM

31,777 posts, read 24,007,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I had to laugh at this...LOL. Obama did not/does not have a personal agenda......?
Not to be destructive like these right wingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ahh, so now its the right wingers to blame because we're talking trillion dollar deficits.. We should just do it, while people like myself, keep our mouth shut.
Trust me, not even you would ever manage to keep your mouths shut. Heck, being shameless is seen as a positive trait and something to be proud of.

Quote:
Its people like you that pushed me away from the Democratic Party..
In 1960s, perhaps. I wasn't even born then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 02:27 PM

6,722 posts, read 4,261,601 times
Quote:
You could confiscate the wealth of the rich and only fund the government for about 30 days, and thats not income, thats WEALTH. Your suggestion about taxing teh "rich", is utterly stupidity since they dont hold enough income to do so..

Most of those countries dont hold anywhere close to the amount of debt we have. This isnt about left vs right, this is about NOT HAVING ENOUGH MONEY to cover the debt load.
Why do you keep repeated that nonsense. The personal wealth of this country is enormous and could wipe out the national debt overnight and fully fund the government for years.

American Wealth Is Actually Still Ridiculously Enormous -- It's The Government That's Broke - Business Insider

Old 11-12-2012, 02:35 PM

1,058 posts, read 943,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
So IF and WHEN the safety nets are cut, you honestly believe it will ONLY be liberals complaining? By your reasoning ONLY LIBERALS use these safety nets?

What are you talking about? All those seniors collecting social security and medicare surely voted for Obama...right?

Old 11-12-2012, 05:57 PM

9,995 posts, read 11,235,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Why do you keep repeated that nonsense. The personal wealth of this country is enormous and could wipe out the national debt overnight and fully fund the government for years.

American Wealth Is Actually Still Ridiculously Enormous -- It's The Government That's Broke - Business Insider

Yep. Who do you think fleeced the country under the housing bubble, etc? Some folks made out very handsomely, receiving many times what the houses and loans and derivatives they sold were worth. They are like parasites whining because they've nearly killed the host.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:19 PM

41,861 posts, read 31,725,984 times
Quote:

Most of those countries dont hold anywhere close to the amount of debt we have. This isnt about left vs right, this is about NOT HAVING ENOUGH MONEY to cover the debt load.
Why don't these countries have similar debt loads?

Old 11-12-2012, 06:20 PM

69,372 posts, read 53,608,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Trust me, not even you would ever manage to keep your mouths shut. Heck, being shameless is seen as a positive trait and something to be proud of.

In 1960s, perhaps. I wasn't even born then.
Neither was I.. STOP THE HATE!!!

Old 11-12-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Why don't these countries have similar debt loads?
Because they arent running deficits like we are.. I wonder how many of them hand out cell phones to people.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post

its not nonsense if its true.

http://www.ncpa.org/pdfs/ba662.pdf

Sorry, the personal wealth is 1/2 of the national debt. You could TAKE IT ALL, and not be able to pay off the debt.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:34 PM

6,722 posts, read 4,261,601 times
Quote:
its not nonsense if its true.

http://www.ncpa.org/pdfs/ba662.pdf

Sorry, the personal wealth is 1/2 of the national debt. You could TAKE IT ALL, and not be able to pay off the debt.
An unfunded future (potential) liability is NOT a debt.

Dude, get up to speed. American's current PERSONAL NET WORTH is about $65 trillion, 75% of that is held by the top 10% the bottom 50% owns 1%. The debt is just over $16 trillion. Using real math, not the kind you R's like to use to feel better, $49 trillion is more than $16 trillion.

Still hung over from that nasty drubbing you guys took in Mahoning county???? LOL, I guess that 90% turnout you predicted didn't help ya.

Last edited by buzzards27; 11-12-2012 at 07:03 PM..

Old 11-12-2012, 06:37 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
we use terms like dems and rep but we are really talking about y generation and boomers.
the old people know eventually the owner of the restaurant (and a few goons) is going to come around to get paid for this one great long lavish extravagant 60 year old party, we are having.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or