Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 10:50 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

how will we NOT have to resort back to a conservative platform of cutting and balancing the budget?

This is what amazes me about you liberals. You stand here applauding the re-election of a President who's own budgets show record $1T+ deficits, which are non substainable in the long run.

The only alternative would be to resort from spending, to cutting, and this would include safety nets.

Laugh now, but when we cant just create new debt, and we're forced to make cuts, see who's laughing then.. I'll be one of them standing here watching you liberals moan and cry..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 11:00 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Cry me a river. It is idiocy of the right wing that we're talking trillion dollar deficits now. This is what you get, following support and demand for destructive policies, only so you can push your personal agenda.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:07 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
So IF and WHEN the safety nets are cut, you honestly believe it will ONLY be liberals complaining? By your reasoning ONLY LIBERALS use these safety nets?

Tell me, where was Willard suppose to get the money to fund his 2T dollard defense increase? How as Willard going to fund the tax cuts? Yes I for one am VERY happy about the results. As far as crying about safety net cuts, NOPE, it is what it is.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:14 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
...SNIPPED.. only so you can push your personal agenda.
I had to laugh at this...LOL. Obama did not/does not have a personal agenda......?

Old 11-12-2012, 11:23 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
how will we NOT have to resort back to a conservative platform of cutting and balancing the budget?

This is what amazes me about you liberals. You stand here applauding the re-election of a President who's own budgets show record $1T+ deficits, which are non substainable in the long run.

The only alternative would be to resort from spending, to cutting, and this would include safety nets.

Laugh now, but when we cant just create new debt, and we're forced to make cuts, see who's laughing then.. I'll be one of them standing here watching you liberals moan and cry..
lol at "you liberals"

get off my lawn!

Old 11-12-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Cry me a river. It is idiocy of the right wing that we're talking trillion dollar deficits now. This is what you get, following support and demand for destructive policies, only so you can push your personal agenda.
Ahh, so now its the right wingers to blame because we're talking trillion dollar deficits.. We should just do it, while people like myself, keep our mouth shut.

Obama holds no blame in signing the bills, or writing legislations, that increase the debt, does he? Obamacare, estimated $2T+ debt increase, stimulus bill, another $1T, porkulus bill, another $500B,

but its always someone elses fault.

Its people like you that pushed me away from the Democratic Party..

Old 11-12-2012, 11:31 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Nah, we will implement liberal policies like raising taxes to where they need to be to support our country, and especially to care for the elderly and to provide a sensible safety net, as well as environmental protection,research and development, education, infrastructure, a sensibly strong military, etc. Tax rates should be indexed to GDP and demographic needs. Sometimes we have more older folks, like now. That is not a time to gut the system. Tax cuts for billionaires will have to get the heave ho. Grover Norquist can move to Somalia.

Germany, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Denmark, Canada and a bunch of other countries are far left of what liberals want, and they are not going bankrupt.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
So IF and WHEN the safety nets are cut, you honestly believe it will ONLY be liberals complaining? By your reasoning ONLY LIBERALS use these safety nets?
So you think its conservatives that re-elected Obama?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Tell me, where was Willard suppose to get the money to fund his 2T dollard defense increase? How as Willard going to fund the tax cuts? Yes I for one am VERY happy about the results. As far as crying about safety net cuts, NOPE, it is what it is.
There was no $2T defense increase under Romney, it was actually a CUT IN THE GROWTH RATE.

Tax cuts, yes, grow the economy, just like Clinton did. but you guys pretend thats a foreign concept.. I guess under Obama it is, but you voted for the dumb ass..

Old 11-12-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Nah, we will implement liberal policies like raising taxes to where they need to be to support our country, and especially to care for the elderly and to provide a sensible safety net, as well as environmental protection,research and development, education, infrastructure, a sensibly strong military, etc. Tax rates should be indexed to GDP and demographic needs. Sometimes we have more older folks, like now. That is not a time to gut the system. Tax cuts for billionaires will have to get the heave ho. Grover Norquist can move to Somalia.
You could confiscate the wealth of the rich and only fund the government for about 30 days, and thats not income, thats WEALTH. Your suggestion about taxing teh "rich", is utterly stupidity since they dont hold enough income to do so..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Germany, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Denmark, Canada and a bunch of other countries are far left of what liberals want, and they are not going bankrupt.
Most of those countries dont hold anywhere close to the amount of debt we have. This isnt about left vs right, this is about NOT HAVING ENOUGH MONEY to cover the debt load.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:52 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I had to laugh at this...LOL. Obama did not/does not have a personal agenda......?
I know, right?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections