U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 08:36 AM

14,969 posts, read 13,761,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
The epitome of todays GOP and to think republicans bought this mans BS just because they didnt like the Black man running the office...

ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MITT ROMNEY - YouTube
Yawn...

Who is full of hate? Who said anything about not liking Obama because of his race?

I can't believe so many people bought Obama's BS...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Why so much hatred? YOU ALL WON THE ELECTION. You sound like sore losers when you won. Regardless, what you're saying has little basis in reality.

Ringo, over half of the wealthy did not vote for Obama. He won because of the poor. Every income group under $50,000 voted for him, every one over voted for Romney. Romney won those with household incomes of more than $250,000 per year by 11. Click on "income" for a nice chart:

Exit Polls: Casting Ballots in 2012 - WSJ.com

And - surprise - Obama did the best among high school dropouts, while Romney won those with Bachelor's degrees. (Yes, Obama won those with advanced degrees.)

Shouldn't you go back to your trailer and read some more Ringo given that you said someone else needed to do so to learn facts that are simply wrong. Of course you didn't read to determine the facts, you just spouted hatred.

And I think actual data, Frozenyo, proves that Democrats/Obama voters are far more likely to be broke or work at places like Papa John's.

I would love to see responses to this from both of you, but I know I'll never get one from either of you yet you will both likely continue to spew this crap.
Both the posters who I posted this response to - Frozenyo and Ringo1 - have been posting. Funny how they refuse to touch this post. I'm down to debate and I don't deny that the Republicans have a problem with anti-intellectualism, but I also don't lie about who voted for who.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:00 AM

3,395 posts, read 3,562,068 times
Quote:
Who is full of hate? Who said anything about not liking Obama because of his race?
Oh please! Obama's race an issue from day one.

Had Hilary Clinton become president, she would have faced opposition. But the opposition Clinton would have faced would have been of a very different character from that Obama has faced. No one would have suggested Clinton was a secret Muslim. No one would have questioned whether she was a "real" American. No one would be now be claiming she'd won reelection by doling out "welfare" to minorities. The whole conservative discourse around Obama is just dripping with racist innuendo. Only a very naive, or willfully blind, person can deny this.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Oh please! Obama's race an issue from day one.

Had Hilary Clinton become president, she would have faced opposition. But the opposition Clinton would have faced would have been of a very different character from that Obama has faced. No one would have suggested Clinton was a secret Muslim. No one would have questioned whether she was a "real" American. No one would be now be claiming she'd won reelection by doling out "welfare" to minorities. The whole conservative discourse around Obama is just dripping with racist innuendo. Only a very naive, or willfully blind, person can deny this.
If anything, I would actually say that Obama's race helped him get elected and re-elected (though Republicans had zero chance in 2008 anyway).

As far as the birthers, the people who think Obama is a Muslim, etc. - their behavior has been truly reprehensible. But the suggestion that most or even all people who voted against Obama fall into those groups is laughable and simply polarizes the nation more. Whites in the Northeast, whites in California, and 18-29 year old whites all voted for Romney this election. Those are racist groups, for sure.... (All of those groups went for Obama in 2008. Did they suddenly turn racist?) Alleging that everyone who voted against Obama is uneducated, poor trailer park trash, despite data to the contrary, only polarizes us more as well.

I do find the comments about minorities voting for Obama because of handouts (or anyone voting for Obama because of handouts) to be disturbing and polarizing as well.

I'm very concerned about all the polarization - both along racial lines and along ideological lines - and how it will continue to affect the country.

Addressing your earlier post - as far as the conservative anti-intellectualism, I do think it's a real problem. But that doesn't make most conservatives dumb, uneducated, retarded, or poor. As far as being too hopeful about Romney's chances, liberals seem to be completely forgetting that Romney was ahead in national polls when averaged for most of October, including towards the end of the month (Obama retook a narrow lead literally in the 5 days before the election), and that Romney was also ahead in CO, VA, and NH in October and even ahead in FL on the day of the election. While the predictions of a huge Romney landslide with him winning 350 electoral votes were asinine, optimism that he could pull out a narrow win was not.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 11-17-2012 at 10:05 AM..

Old 11-17-2012, 10:42 AM

833 posts, read 527,873 times
Republican official carries Obama's head on a spike, Secret Service pays a visit - Detroit liberal | Examiner.com
Quote:
Yawn...

I can't believe so many people bought Obama's BS...

Quote:
Republican official carries Obama's head on a spike, Secret Service pays a visit

Quote:

Republican Councilman Paul Smith, of Sterling Heights, Michigan, has found himself at the center of controversy after video of him holding a sign that depicted President Obama's head on a spike surfaced after being recorded at a Tea Party rally more than three years ago in April 2009. He also had other signs that included Nancy Pelosi with bullet holes in her head, and a noose around the neck of former Michigan Governor, Jennifer Granholm
Quote:
The sign that depicted a decapitated President Obama with blood dripping from his neck contained the statements, "$h!t on a stick", and "One more day is too many!" and "He changed American into Uganda." which was scrawled out in large letters.
Quote:
While that sign was repugnant, Smith's signs towards female politicians were notably harsher. Democratic Minority Leader of the House, Nancy Pelosi ,was depicted with 6 blood dripping bullet holes in her face. The ugly phrases included "Pelosi hates America. Loves bribes and wetbacks." The sign also said "Extreme Left *****." Indeed, because nothing says civility like holding a sign calling another person an extreme *****. Right?

Your denials, Fine by me, i just love using the same crap right wingers spew out and show to minorities what folks on the right, really think. Say Bah BYE to that 2016 election

YEAH, YOU BUILT THAT!

Old 11-17-2012, 10:57 AM

25,060 posts, read 22,101,322 times
Quote:
Victory in the US presidential election has nothing to do with the nationwide popular vote total, but rather results from 50 separate state by state elections in which the winner takes all principle prevails. From this point of view, the states which gave Obama a majority in the Electoral College were Ohio, Virginia, Florida, and New Hampshire; if these electoral votes had been transferred to Romney, the Republican candidate would have won the day.

Obama’s combined popular vote majority in these critical swing states amounted, according to preliminary figures, to about 315,000 votes – about 0.26% or just over one quarter of 1% of all votes cast. Therefore, if about 160,000 votes had gone into Romney’s column instead of going to Obama, we would now be dreading the onset of a Romney regime. In other words, Obama won by about 1/8 of 1% of the 118 million votes cast. This is no landslide.
The GOP is not in trouble. Read what I linked. Obama won by a razor thin majority, not a landslide

Romney's Austerity Dictatorship Missed Us

Old 11-17-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Republican official carries Obama's head on a spike, Secret Service pays a visit - Detroit liberal | Examiner.com

Your denials, Fine by me, i just love using the same crap right wingers spew out and show to minorities what folks on the right, really think. Say Bah BYE to that 2016 election

YEAH, YOU BUILT THAT!
The problem I have is you all trying to say that the reprehensible behavior of a very small number of people is indicative of the feelings of all conservatives or all 60 million people who voted for Romney. Even you would have to admit that's a preposterous leap.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:56 AM

833 posts, read 527,873 times
Quote:
The problem I have is you all trying to say that the reprehensible behavior of a very small number of people is indicative of the feelings of all conservatives or all 60 million people who voted for Romney. Even you would have to admit that's a preposterous leap.

Not at all, does'nt matter how much you want to spin this, whether 5 votes to 60 million votes, At the end of the day.

You still LOST.

And from the multiple sources i've read, the dinosaurs in your party are getting old or dying out. You have no new ideas. Theres a BIG rebellion in your party, now split into three, shall i point them out to you in laymans terms?

1. Moderates (Minority)

2. Romnesias (swingers)

3. Extremists (Old farts)

Is that plain and simple enough for you? or you want me to get all technical?

Old 11-17-2012, 12:08 PM

Ptug, you mention that these counties are the most diverse. Especially in areas like the Denver suburbs and Northern Virginia, suburbs have been getting a lot less white over time. That piece was written by Nate Cohn, a liberal (BTW - your post is a copyright violation).

It's more important to look at who is voting for who than how an entire county or state voted. Suburbs overall did go for Romney narrowly after going for Obama in 2008. Exit polls are clear about who voted for who. Romney even won whites in the Northeast. The GOP does have a problem with the most educated voters, but problems with wealthy whites or problems with middle class whites with Bachelor's degrees are not among them. Now, the margins could be a problem and the margins I do think are a bit lower than they were in the Reagan years, but they are still winning these groups. While they would need to win them by larger margins to win some states, they are clearly winning these groups and the biggest problem for the GOP is minority voters and poor voters, despite the anti-intellectualism in the party.

Groups Obama Won, Groups Romney Won - NYTimes.com

Old 11-17-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Not at all, does'nt matter how much you want to spin this, whether 5 votes to 60 million votes, At the end of the day.

You still LOST.

And from the multiple sources i've read, the dinosaurs in your party are getting old or dying out. You have no new ideas. Theres a BIG rebellion in your party, now split into three, shall i point them out to you in laymans terms?

1. Moderates (Minority)

2. Romnesias (swingers)

3. Extremists (Old farts)

Is that plain and simple enough for you? or you want me to get all technical?
You do realize your party has different factions, don't you? Regardless, you conveniently changed the subject because you didn't want to discuss what I was discussing.

I asked if the 60 million people who voted for Romney are all racist, because that's what you have implied. I also asked if a majority of some of the groups who voted for Romney, such as 18-29 year old whites, whites in California, and whites in the Northeast, are racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or