Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 08:55 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,531,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
And I don't care that gay marriage and marijuana was passed in a few states. A few liberal states don't speak for the whole country.
Marijuana legalization and/or decriminalization is not just a liberal issue; it's embraced by true conservatives, libertarians, and states' rights advocates.
As is gay marriage, albeit to a lesser extent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 09:04 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
I like my bubble. I just think we should kill off big bird and PBS...until then, we'll console ourselves by laying off more of you, quit giving to charities, cheat on our taxes more effectively, drive one of our many fine automobiles, live in one of our many fine homes, sleep with the finest gold diggers, vacation and party like its 1999 all the while sheltering our assets offshore and throwing wild parties laughing at the announcements in 2013 and 2014 that mention that taxing the rich is not enough and then laying it on the middle class all the while watching their collectively stunned faces when the realization sets I that they will have to work harder still......

You "won". Whoa, you got me ther....wow, how will we ever get by now? Oh the humanity! Downgrading to a Lexus 4 series.. Well, well get by somehow......see you at the mid terms.....

By the way, how ARE the layoffs going?
A fine representative of your party. Spoken like a true, Christian, 'family values' Republican.

You don't need us, anonymous internet poster ~ and we sure as hell don't need you.

You DO realize that probably over half the 'wealthy' that President Obama is threatening to tax - were people who voted for him. You do realize that, right?

If not - go back to your trailer and read some more.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:05 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,359,565 times
You know as much as I like the election results (and those "few liberal states" chose to accept widely accepted fundamental human rights such as gay marriage ... well, widely accepted amongst the industrialized, civilized world anyway) ...

I will be the first to say that we are still pretty much a 50/50 nation. The only reason Republicans didn't carry every state was pretty much because the white vote stayed at home. Turnout was something like 40% among whites. That's pathetic. No matter your inclination, you should go out and vote.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Wait, you're acting like right wingers are all rich, LMAO!! HAve you been to a tea-party rally? Have you driven through the south ..Alabama, Mississppii, Tennessee.
Don't forget the paradise states: Oklahoma and West Virginia - where multitudes of millionaires, CEOs, and successful entrepreneurs live, work, and play...

Old 11-12-2012, 09:10 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Always get a kickout of either parties frantics who think that after they win an election the other side is goig to say ;I give up;you win.Nothing has changed since mid term reallly.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:14 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
And while I don't think they are in trouble persay, I think it's obvious they are behind on a changing time frame.
They aren't in trouble "per se" or at all, nor are they "behind on a changing time frame." Nearly half of all those who voted were for Romney, not Obama. And millions of Republicans didn't even vote and if they had, the outcome of this election would have been different. Obama may have gotten 51 percent of the popular vote (and that's IF there was no fraud involved), but that means 49 percent of those who voted think differently.

So the idea that you guys are trying to float that Republicans are all washed up and Republicans have to move to the middle to get anyone to vote for them, etc. is ridiculous. If we move to the middle, then what? We are just like you? No thank you!

Old 11-12-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Wait, you're acting like right wingers are all rich, LMAO!! HAve you been to a tea-party rally? Have you driven through the south ..Alabama, Mississppii, Tennessee. Shoot, try checking out the middle of the country . Romney and most of those "conservatives" you worship are actually northeast/west coast liberals like me. My job and 401k are doing just fine. I enjoy laughing at broke conservatives defending people like Papa John, when he's going to cut their hours because of 14 cents a pie. So pathetic to watch.
I haven't been to a tea party rally, but I have seen that the conservative area where I live is an affluent suburb and the liberal area across the way is urban/ghetto.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:27 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
The left is just deprived of any meaningful celebration politically - as they have managed to win only 5 national elections in 50 years.

The GOP has won six - but until Obama came around the Dems number was 3 - in 46 years.

They must be thinking - "hey, we are catching up in this thing after having been spanked by the Republicans for most of the end of the previous century and the early part of this one".

The sad thing is that they think that it means that they are relevant.

The leftists will get a rude wake-up call in 2016 - when Obamaphoria wears off - and people pay attention to reality.

After four more years of President Obama - that reality will really bite.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I I have seen that the conservative area where I live is an affluent suburb .
I also live in a conservative, affluent suburb and guess what? 41% of us voted for Obama. What's your point?

Old 11-12-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
I also live in a conservative, affluent suburb and guess what? 41% of us voted for Obama. What's your point?
My point is, the post I was replying to implied that red staters are poor, uneducated, hillbilly types, and I know that is definitely not the case here. But there does seem to be a correlation between affluent/educated/conservative and poor/uneducated/Obama, at least where I live.

And I don't mean that to say that all conservatives are affluent; they aren't. I certainly am not rich by any means. But conservatives aren't the hillbillies a poster tried to make them out to be by saying "have you ever driven through Tennessee, Mississippi, etc. etc."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections