U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 05:10 PM

2,457 posts, read 2,277,140 times

Advertisements

Yes, Obama was elected a 2nd term. But so was Bush. Did that mean the Democrat party was "in trouble" because a Republican was elected a 2nd term?

And I don't care that gay marriage and marijuana was passed in a few states. A few liberal states don't speak for the whole country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 05:11 PM

14,212 posts, read 9,623,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Yes, Obama was elected a 2nd term. But so was Bush. Did that mean the Democrat party was "in trouble" because a Republican was elected a 2nd term?

And I don't care that gay marriage and marijuana was passed in a few states. A few liberal states don't speak for the whole country.
Maryland and Minnesota are far from liberal actually :-P. And while I don't think they are in trouble persay, I think it's obvious they are behind on a changing time frame.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:16 PM

4,207 posts, read 2,978,101 times
Quote:

I know, it makes me laugh!!

The left would love to believe they are the first to ever win back to back presidential elections. It is kinda pathetic the hope and gloat they currently have. Guess they cover their ears when the fact is told republicans maintained control of the house and picked up several more governorships.

Bottom line is, this country is in ruin and it is time to start working together.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:18 PM

14,805 posts, read 16,999,487 times
Quote:

The GOP today should not be able to run a first world nation; they are a mess.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:20 PM

4,207 posts, read 2,978,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
The GOP today should not be able to run a first world nation; they are a mess.
Says the intelligent leftie.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:27 PM

4,999 posts, read 3,755,233 times
Republicans spent the last 2 years proclaiming Obama the worst President in history. GOP leaders made making Obama a 1 term President there STATED #1 goal. Unemployment was nearly 8%, Obamacare was evidently unpopular, fast and furios was the worlds biggest scandal, enthusiasm for the President was down, voters wouldn't turn out and ALL the conservative pundits and pollsters had Obama going down in flames before.......BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 332 Electoral Votes!!!! 3 million + popular vote drubbing!!Pick ups in the House and Senate, nearly complete rejection of the tea-party.

If you can't beat Obama in the dire situation that YOU ALL laid out then you're in huge trouble. GOP has lost the popular vote 3 of the last 4 Presidential elections. Virignia is Blue, Colorado is Blue, Nevada is Blue, North Carolina is a tossup, Georgia and Arizona will be purple by 2016.

If you all keep living in that bubble and ignoring the trouble that you're actually in, expect many more years of BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-12-2012, 05:46 PM

8,399 posts, read 5,080,161 times
Quote:

It's difficult to know what will happen in the future. So predictions are little more than wishful thinking.

I think though that for Republicans, there are states and patterns that might foretell their political future as a party if they go down particular paths.

Look at California, where basically the Republican party has been made irrelevant by their inability to appeal to latino, asian, black, and young voters.

Look at the choices the Republican party didn't make to gain political inroads into those groups in California. They put short term and protecting existing political alliances over the long term.

They did this even though they grew weaker and weaker year after year. The Republicans in California held fast to being obstructionists and not attempting to appeal to those voters, and now they are irrelevant to those voters at least for now.

These choices very well could be the choices that the national Republican party make to put short term political victories over their long term future all the while getting more and more irrelevant to more and more voters.

To me that is the danger for the Republican party and really the nation. One party rule is very, very dangerous.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:32 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,012,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Republicans spent the last 2 years proclaiming Obama the worst President in history. GOP leaders made making Obama a 1 term President there STATED #1 goal. Unemployment was nearly 8%, Obamacare was evidently unpopular, fast and furios was the worlds biggest scandal, enthusiasm for the President was down, voters wouldn't turn out and ALL the conservative pundits and pollsters had Obama going down in flames before.......BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 332 Electoral Votes!!!! 3 million + popular vote drubbing!!Pick ups in the House and Senate, nearly complete rejection of the tea-party.

If you can't beat Obama in the dire situation that YOU ALL laid out then you're in huge trouble. GOP has lost the popular vote 3 of the last 4 Presidential elections. Virignia is Blue, Colorado is Blue, Nevada is Blue, North Carolina is a tossup, Georgia and Arizona will be purple by 2016.

If you all keep living in that bubble and ignoring the trouble that you're actually in, expect many more years of BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like my bubble. I just think we should kill off big bird and PBS...until then, we'll console ourselves by laying off more of you, quit giving to charities, cheat on our taxes more effectively, drive one of our many fine automobiles, live in one of our many fine homes, sleep with the finest gold diggers, vacation and party like its 1999 all the while sheltering our assets offshore and throwing wild parties laughing at the announcements in 2013 and 2014 that mention that taxing the rich is not enough and then laying it on the middle class all the while watching their collectively stunned faces when the realization sets I that they will have to work harder still......

You "won". Whoa, you got me ther....wow, how will we ever get by now? Oh the humanity! Downgrading to a Lexus 4 series.. Well, well get by somehow......see you at the mid terms.....

By the way, how ARE the layoffs going?

Old 11-12-2012, 07:53 PM

4,999 posts, read 3,755,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
I like my bubble. I just think we should kill off big bird and PBS...until then, we'll console ourselves by laying off more of you, quit giving to charities, cheat on our taxes more effectively, drive one of our many fine automobiles, live in one of our many fine homes, sleep with the finest gold diggers, vacation and party like its 1999 all the while sheltering our assets offshore and throwing wild parties laughing at the announcements in 2013 and 2014 that mention that taxing the rich is not enough and then laying it on the middle class all the while watching their collectively stunned faces when the realization sets I that they will have to work harder still......

You "won". Whoa, you got me ther....wow, how will we ever get by now? Oh the humanity! Downgrading to a Lexus 4 series.. Well, well get by somehow......see you at the mid terms.....

By the way, how ARE the layoffs going?
Wait, you're acting like right wingers are all rich, LMAO!! HAve you been to a tea-party rally? Have you driven through the south ..Alabama, Mississppii, Tennessee. Shoot, try checking out the middle of the country . Romney and most of those "conservatives" you worship are actually northeast/west coast liberals like me. My job and 401k are doing just fine. I enjoy laughing at broke conservatives defending people like Papa John, when he's going to cut their hours because of 14 cents a pie. So pathetic to watch.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:45 PM

14,805 posts, read 16,999,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Says the intelligent leftie.
I'm a leftie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or