U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-12-2012, 09:43 PM
 
589 posts, read 832,827 times
Reputation: 870

Advertisements

Into believing that welfare is the reason for the fiscal cliff. If you are gonna spout, try educating yourselves first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-12-2012, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Holly Springs
3,861 posts, read 9,284,823 times
Reputation: 2995
"General Welfare" is the actual reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 10:48 PM
 
Location: Houston
21,030 posts, read 10,655,754 times
Reputation: 8230
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
"General Welfare" is the actual reason.
Yes, along with the expansion of the commerce clause.

I don't recall anyone stating welfare is the reason for the fiscal cliff...nice strawman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 10:51 PM
 
Location: Where they serve real ale.
7,249 posts, read 6,418,589 times
Reputation: 3497
They never do educate themselves. If they did then they wouldn't be Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 11:15 PM
 
23,964 posts, read 17,620,902 times
Reputation: 12831
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Yes, along with the expansion of the commerce clause.

I don't recall anyone stating welfare is the reason for the fiscal cliff...nice strawman.
******* fail thread #288.
[since sunday]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 11:17 PM
 
Location: Unperson Everyman Land
29,007 posts, read 19,031,716 times
Reputation: 7774
Quote:
Originally Posted by swerver View Post
Into believing that welfare is the reason for the fiscal cliff. If you are gonna spout, try educating yourselves first.

Agreed.

Welfare is the reason Obama was reelected and nothing will be done to rein in spending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 11:20 PM
 
23,964 posts, read 17,620,902 times
Reputation: 12831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
They never do educate themselves. If they did then they wouldn't be Republicans.
what did 'they' fail to educate themselves about?

do you have a link?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 11:36 PM
 
23,964 posts, read 17,620,902 times
Reputation: 12831
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Don't feed the troll.
embarassing the troll is sometimes worth it, even if it involves giving the troll a scrap..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 11:38 PM
 
8,101 posts, read 4,791,475 times
Reputation: 1578
Nice facts you posted to back up your spout....

Even though the fiscal cliff is not because of handouts....the people who abuse entitlements do not care to inform themselves of what is going on. They figure, it's not them...so why should they care?

And it's still a problem from a values standpoint... It does nothing but disincentivize people on the dole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2012, 11:43 PM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,140,848 times
Reputation: 6744
Guess continuing wars in the Middle East isn't considered a welfare handout......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top