U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 12:54 PM

5,945 posts, read 4,723,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I believe this thread was started by a liberal.
And... ?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 01:09 PM

31,777 posts, read 24,058,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Government agenda reflects that of the people that elected them. America elected Barack Obama in 2008. The moral agenda of the nation has since reflected Obama’s morals.

No tyrant, no matter how terrible, achieved his rank through his own effort. And while Satan is certainly capable of corrupting them, he is powerless to appoint them.

Every tyrant in history was either appointed by God or the Bible is not true. Obama believers have been corrupted and they have the same morals as Obama therefore they appointed him to office.
Shouldn't you thank God for that? It is the kind you believe in, after all.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:16 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,305 posts, read 11,840,778 times
It's weird how some people seem to think that Obama is some sort of dictator, as if he had personally directed every movement of the country for the last four years, instituting a supposedly evil welfare system including the horrors of food stamps, personally responsible for corrupting the youth and the moral fiber of this nation. He made half this country into a bunch of lazy bums that aren't serving their masters properly! Is there any evil he cannot do? Satan must be getting jealous, assuming that the President isn't himself the incarnation of that dread spirit.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:31 PM

3,574 posts, read 4,027,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I agree. It's God slapping us and saying if you won't listen to me then you will get what you want. Maybe this will make you shape up if you suffer enough.
Wow. This god of yours sounds like a totally vindictive, childish jerk.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:34 PM

3,574 posts, read 4,027,886 times
Quote:
Your genius and insightful conclusions never cease to amaze me.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:00 PM

4,999 posts, read 3,761,397 times
Quote:
God gives free will to everyone. He doesn't "orchestrate" who he gives it to.

Obama gave Navy seals orders to search for and kill bin Laden, didn't he? Wasn't there a mission specifically for that purpose? The Navy seals didn't just go over there because they decided to do it without an order from Obama.

FYI - yes, God gives us free will to decide what WE want to do, and additionally he gave Satan reign over the earth for now. But at some point God will intervene. That's what the Bible says.
Oh, so god gives people free will with absolutely no purpose? Interesting that so many xians believe and state that god put _____ here for reason. Didn't god "inspire" a book with rules? So it's of no consequence if those rules are followed since god gave us free will? I thought the deamon in the red body suit was supposed sizzle you for eternity or something if you didn't follow those rules. If so, there is no FREE will. If not, god is of no use..

You know, you're previed to a lot of private information. Where is this satan guy? Why would god give him the keys and go on vacation with no date to return? LOL..Look, it's wacky enough to believe in an invisible man who has no effect on anything as you've described but to claim that he gaves his house keys to his arch enemy is completely bonkers.

Look, Obama won just like he did in 08'. You'll be fine, relax with all this foolishness.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:52 PM

2,843 posts, read 2,314,457 times
It was part of God's plan for Obama to win the election.

I have no idea if that is what He "wanted." Of course, Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." So it's reasonable to assume that Obama winning, Romney being the Republican nominee, all of the other Republican hopefuls running, Bush II winning two terms, etc., are all working towards good in the long term according to God's plan.

It's awfully presumptuous and arrogant, however, to claim to know what God thinks of certain people. That's partisan politics and definitely of this world. Show some humility and give thanks and praise to God even when you don't get the candidate that you wanted.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:58 PM

35,885 posts, read 65,416,766 times
I have heard some folks say that God definitely made sure Obama would win - he is punishing us as a country.

I don't think God gets involved in daily events such as an election but . . . who am I to say.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:36 AM

662 posts, read 1,074,100 times
Quote:

Both sides are guilty of bringing religion into this...doesnt make it right.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:04 AM

1,019 posts, read 1,171,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
...it was God's will. I wonder if the Christian right wing feel the same?
It must have been. Even with omniscience, He couldn't keep up with all of Romney's lies and flip-flops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or