Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 03:49 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

So how could anyone who calls themselves Christian question the election of a US president with a middle eastern name?
Because 158% of registered voters voted in some counties?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 04:20 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Perhaps God has sent another Orphaned King to teach us?

“Then I will draw near to you for judgment. I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, against the adulterers, against those who swear falsely, against those who oppress the hired worker in his wages, the widow and the fatherless, against those who thrust aside the sojourner, and do not fear me, says the Lord of hosts. Malachi 3:5

They have grown fat and sleek. They know no bounds in deeds of evil; they judge not with justice the cause of the fatherless, to make it prosper, and they do not defend the rights of the needy. Jeremiah 5:28

"You shall not pervert the justice due to the sojourner or to the fatherless," Deuteronomy 24:17

Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy.Ezekiel 16;14

To turn aside the needy from justice and to rob the poor of my people of their right, that widows may be their spoil, and that they may make the fatherless their prey! Isiah 10:2

Old 11-15-2012, 05:57 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Perhaps God has sent another Orphaned King to teach us?

“Then I will draw near to you for judgment. I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, against the adulterers, against those who swear falsely, against those who oppress the hired worker in his wages, the widow and the fatherless, against those who thrust aside the sojourner, and do not fear me, says the Lord of hosts. Malachi 3:5

They have grown fat and sleek. They know no bounds in deeds of evil; they judge not with justice the cause of the fatherless, to make it prosper, and they do not defend the rights of the needy. Jeremiah 5:28

"You shall not pervert the justice due to the sojourner or to the fatherless," Deuteronomy 24:17

Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy.Ezekiel 16;14

To turn aside the needy from justice and to rob the poor of my people of their right, that widows may be their spoil, and that they may make the fatherless their prey! Isiah 10:2
Boy, talk about selective emphasis ................

Old 11-15-2012, 07:36 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,761,226 times
When I woke up on 11/6/12 I prayed for my family, friends and a Obama win, my prayers was answered. I wonder if all of the folks who were worshiping Rick Perry can say the same?

I find it very funny to hear Conservatives using the Lord as a platform to push their agenda.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:39 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
When I woke up on 11/6/12 I prayed for my family, friends and a Obama win, my prayers was answered. I wonder if all of the folks who were worshiping Rick Perry can say the same?

I find it very funny to hear Conservatives using the Lord as a platform to push their agenda.
Your prayers will take you right into poverty. You voted for the destruction of America... obama is a communist who hates America and you fell right into it...

Old 11-15-2012, 09:20 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Which would be God's Will? God loves Satan!!
Of course He does but Satan hates God.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:29 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Wow. This god of yours sounds like a totally vindictive, childish jerk.
No, He is just letting us have what we wanted. Well some of us. Some people won't learn until they pee on the electric fence and God knows that.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:09 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Boy, talk about selective emphasis ................
Is it not the word of God ?

Old 11-16-2012, 06:04 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Default I think Obama winning the election is what God wanted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
...it was God's will. I wonder if the Christian right wing feel the same?
As I understand it, the right wng Christian god is all-knowing and all-powerful.

That being the case, Obama's bid victory could be nothing but god's will.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:03 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
What appalls me is the hatred the so called Christians have taken out on anyone who did NOT vote for Romney- My daughter will not return to her church because it has become political... where is the love folks? but I did hear TV babtist preacher (Haggee) yest on TV say yes the church has waxed cold. Politics is part of who we areas as Americans, free is how we should be in THIS country and definetely in the church our Jesus died for. SHAME on those looking down on their brothers and sisters for voting their concience,,, shame! Jesus died for for our freedom and soldiers died for our national freedom... who are you to take that away?? WHO? ONLY the accuser points the finger,,, what spirit are you following?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections