Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 10:34 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post

Fact:Newer technology coal fired power station with direct air cooling are cleaner burning and more efficient.
Fact:The CO2 caps will be effective in March for any new coal plant. The rules are not finalized but the proposals specifically set that date whether they are finalized or not.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:57 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Fact:The CO2 caps will be effective in March for any new coal plant. The rules are not finalized but the proposals specifically set that date whether they are finalized or not.
Despite the greenies objections here in SA, we are building 3 new coal fired stations. They will not close down stations if there is no alternative power source to replace it. There is that lil' thing called supply and demand.

The alternative of nuke stations leave a far longer lasting waste problem.

We had to unmothball older stations as the demand exceeded supply b/c the twits were not proactive. It takes 12-14 years to build a six pack from conception to commissioning of the last unit.

Wind farms are an eyesore to the ecofreaks and they have to be built where wind is consistent, guess where that is? The coastal regions.

Coal fired will be around for a long while to come.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:13 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Well goody for you but that has nothing to do with the OP's contention that a FOX article was some how obfuscating the facts about why coal use is down and layoffs are occurring.

Did you even read your article? it has to do with CEO's across different sectors laying off people not just coal.

Try again libbies.
You were wondering why it was a FOX article in the op's first link, heres the story from FOX..sound familiar?Its the same story as the op's first link. and follows the title of the topic..
your obfuscation issues are directed at the op's second link and not your initial question about the first link.re-read your post 8.

Quote:
A major coal company announced more than 160 layoffs across three subsidiaries this week, becoming perhaps the first company to follow through on threats to make cutbacks in the event of a second President Obama term.
Robert Murray, a vocal Mitt Romney supporter and CEO of Murray Energy Corporation, began to inform workers of the layoffs the day after Obama won re-election. He announced 102 layoffs at UtahAmerican Energy Inc. and another 54 layoffs at The American Coal Company in Illinois.

Read more: Coal company exec lays off more than 160 workers after Obama re-election | Fox News

Old 11-13-2012, 02:20 PM

6,848 posts, read 7,992,465 times
Quote:
If natural gas prices go up there will be a lot more people than miners looking for work.
Thanks, for the warning. Chicken Little also warned me that the sky was falling. I still see to be OK.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:22 PM

6,848 posts, read 7,992,465 times
Quote:
The CO caps that will go into effect in March will effectively prevent any new coal plant from being built in the near future and possibly forever. That's the bottom line.
And a fine bottom line it is. Time to move on. Coal burning is filthy is 19th century technology.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:32 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
I have decided that, due to President Obama's re-election, to fire workers from Legalsea Enterprises.

Yes! Because the American people did not vote the way I desired, I shall cut my own business down. Demand be damned!

Tomorrow, I shall cut out 5 of the 6 employees making VHS video tapes. Sorry Jimmy, Pedro, Juanita, Pookie and Sookie. Mitt is safe (due to his name).

Do you want and desire 5-inch floppy discs? Well, thanks to President Obama, your supply is gone! Goodby Toby, Lance and Homer!

Blank eight-track tapes? Gone tomorrow. Bye bye Gloria, Mary, and Sookie (who worked two shifts).

The Pet Rock division is safe. I feel in my bones a comeback!

Old 11-13-2012, 05:52 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I have decided that, due to President Obama's re-election, to fire workers from Legalsea Enterprises.

Yes! Because the American people did not vote the way I desired, I shall cut my own business down. Demand be damned!

Tomorrow, I shall cut out 5 of the 6 employees making VHS video tapes. Sorry Jimmy, Pedro, Juanita, Pookie and Sookie. Mitt is safe (due to his name).

Do you want and desire 5-inch floppy discs? Well, thanks to President Obama, your supply is gone! Goodby Toby, Lance and Homer!

Blank eight-track tapes? Gone tomorrow. Bye bye Gloria, Mary, and Sookie (who worked two shifts).

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Legalsea.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:32 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
How exactly is the first link a Fox news article?

Woops, posted this this morning when I was reading the news before going to work.
Coal company exec lays off more than 160 workers after Obama re-election | Fox News

Wrong link. Oh well. Fox still ljnks the blame to Obama. And yeah, I typically read a few diff sites about the same topic.... that way I try and get it from several points of view. I just grabbed the wrong link, heh.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:49 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
Thanks, for the warning. Chicken Little also warned me that the sky was falling. I still see to be OK.
That giant margin between the average and the red line is what makes it cheaper than coal, you're betting it stays there.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:06 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

LMAO...exactly.

We're supposed to believe that companies with a serious demand for product are all gonna cut employees because they don't like Obama.

It just makes you shake your head. They think we're all stupid.

Quote:
The CO caps that will go into effect in March will effectively prevent any new coal plant from being built in the near future and possibly forever. That's the bottom line.
I'll believe it when i see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections