U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 11:19 AM

4,945 posts, read 7,098,438 times

Advertisements

Ryan: It 'Looked Like We Stood A Pretty Good Chance Of Winning' On Election Day | TPM LiveWire

"When we saw the turnout that was occurring in urban areas which were
really fairly unprecedented, it did come as a bit of a shock."

Translation: "So what if every black person in the country sees Rush Limbaugh slobbering about "Barack the Magic Negro" and GOP county officials in Pigsquat, Arkansas sending out mass emails with photos of Obama with a bone in his nose—is that reason to go to the polls and vote? The nerve of those Negroes!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 11:28 AM

27,868 posts, read 37,891,764 times
How could they have been so wrong (stupid)? Pennsylvania? The public polls were clear and, except for Rasmussen and Gallup, unanimous. Early voting trends were clear. Romney was in deep trouble by Nov 6. Maybe they miss the shellacking they got, but the loss was obvious to those who looked at it with honest eyes.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:30 AM

10,366 posts, read 9,996,933 times
The only people who live in cities are blacks?

I had no idea.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,087,742 times
Ryan is just stating a variation of what other conservative pundits and some posters in this forum say on a regular basis. If only white landowners were allowed to vote Romney/Ryan had a chance, when too many women and minorities showed up at the polls, they were toast.

If the GOP could bring back poll taxes, literacy tests and repeal the 19th Amendment they would be a real political powerhouse.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:57 AM

10,546 posts, read 7,504,367 times
Kind of scary that a guy that clueless is Chairman of the House Committee on the Budget.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:01 PM

23,752 posts, read 16,031,844 times
Yeah, Ryan the wonk...NOT! Boy, is his rep forever tarnished.

http://www.politicususa.com/media-el...icit-hawk.html

Old 11-13-2012, 12:26 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,814,833 times
The shock of Romney/Ryan on election night certainly caught me off-guard. Everything was trending pretty clearly to Obama in the swing states. The Republican machine knew their only shot was getting the vote out amongst their base... so they stuck to the narrative of the race being too close to call. However, the Obama team was more than happy to embrace this narrative as well, since they knew that the key to victory was high voter turnout amongst minorities. As much as conservatives were energized to vote Obama out, minorities were energized two-fold to make sure the first black president didn't end up a one-term failure. As a liberal, I was only mildly worried election night as the math was on our side leading right up until election day.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:41 PM

8,353 posts, read 5,714,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
The shock of Romney/Ryan on election night certainly caught me off-guard. Everything was trending pretty clearly to Obama in the swing states. The Republican machine knew their only shot was getting the vote out amongst their base... so they stuck to the narrative of the race being too close to call. However, the Obama team was more than happy to embrace this narrative as well, since they knew that the key to victory was high voter turnout amongst minorities. As much as conservatives were energized to vote Obama out, minorities were energized two-fold to make sure the first black president didn't end up a one-term failure. As a liberal, I was only mildly worried election night as the math was on our side leading right up until election day.
I was having flashback dreams in my sleep of 2000 playing over again.

How Jeb Bush Stole the 2000 Election for His Brother

Old 11-13-2012, 12:48 PM

4,945 posts, read 7,098,438 times
Randi Rhodes said that if it's within the margin of error, the Pugs, like Scott in FL and Husted in OH, will just funk around with the voting machines and steal it for Romney. So while I can say I was pleasantly surprised that Obama won, I think Ryan's "shocked" stuff is really a farce. Seems to me, that thanks to the expansion of social media, it's pretty much impossible, for 2000 in FL and 2004 in OH, to ever happen again?

Old 11-13-2012, 04:05 PM

9,336 posts, read 11,259,092 times
Shocked? He should be shocked that they did not throw shoes at him, when he fabricated washing dishes in a soup hall....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or