Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 05:59 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,239,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
But yes, i agree - seems this whole thread was a not-so-well-veiled attempt at continuing a political discussion on Romney. Why, I would have no clue. The man lost, lol.
Chicago-style politics: it isn't enough to win. The other guy must be destroyed.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:03 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobears View Post
yes, that's the plan

Gang Bangers are walking around Chicago with guns and will not hesitate to kill someone dead
Chi-Town is no joke, you have to remember Chicago was home to the Mafia
and gangsters like AL Capone.
I know this may come as a really big surprise to you, but some of us living down here in the South have actually BEEN TO CHICAGO! And we even know who Al Capone is!

In fact, some of us have spent quite a lot of time in Chicago. Some of us even have relatives (children!) living in Chicago.

At least you can buy a gun here in NC to stave off our gangbangers. Well, theoretically, anyway.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:04 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,451,326 times
When the president won, all I thought was four more years of NCAA brackets, four more years of talk show tour, and four more years of high government spending with no growth in the economy/new policies that actually do anything.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
Chicago-style politics: it isn't enough to win. The other guy must be destroyed.
oh, now I get it. i couldn't figure out why we were beating this dead horse. now i get it.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:10 PM

221 posts, read 357,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
and why it's in the charlotte forum and not NC or political, I can't say.
Charlotteans and transplants on both sides of this election wanted to debate this topic and they did.
It is the American way, no harm comes from a good debate, go back and read the post from both sides,
many good points and opinions from both sides and some from no side at all.

Last edited by chicagobears; 11-13-2012 at 06:28 PM..

Old 11-13-2012, 07:58 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,020,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
Coped, just stop it. That is not what Romney meant. We get it, you are a partisan Democrat who views himself as more enlightened than anyone else on this forum. We get it.

Your team won the election. There's no more need for twisting Romney's words. There's also no need to be a bad winner. I've been surprised to see the kick-him-when-he's-down vitriol all over the web after the election - quite a "sore loser's" mentality from the winning team.

It really makes we wonder, what are these people like in real life?
You don't say something if you don't mean it. Of course Romney meant what he said or felt that his donors believed that. No one is twisting words.

I am a registered independent. I am not kicking him when he is down. Just giving you one of the reasons people voted against him.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:58 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,036,775 times
Bottom line...I think people (as a whole) voted for Romney for the sole purpose of getting rid of Obama. That goal was stated by many in Congress and the Republican party during the last 4 years. I doubt that anyone believed that Romney was a serious candidate in that he would really accomplish anything. His only purpose was to get rid of Obama. End of story.

And, Bears, there are LOTs of guns here...lots of trigger-happy vigilantes that are proud of carrying their pieces so that they don't get robbed, mugged, etc. Most have no real experience with actual criminals or real gangbangers. Quite frankly, they scare me far more than an actual gangbanger most of the time!

Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 PM

221 posts, read 357,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Bottom line...I think people (as a whole) voted for Romney for the sole purpose of getting rid of Obama. That goal was stated by many in Congress and the Republican party during the last 4 years. I doubt that anyone believed that Romney was a serious candidate in that he would really accomplish anything. His only purpose was to get rid of Obama. End of story.

And, Bears, there are LOTs of guns here...lots of trigger-happy vigilantes that are proud of carrying their pieces so that they don't get robbed, mugged, etc. Most have no real experience with actual criminals or real gangbangers. Quite frankly, they scare me far more than an actual gangbanger most of the time!
Now you want to show up and post, better late then never I guess. This thread was going hot
for 3 hrs straight then it slowed down about an hour ago, anyways I agree with you 100 %
I was surprised when someone on here posted that Mecklenburg County voted for blue.
I hope you get your roof fixed keep us posted on that other thread.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:35 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,036,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobears View Post
Now you want to show up and post, better late then never I guess. This thread was going hot
for 3 hrs straight then it slowed down about an hour ago, anyways I agree with you 100 %
I was surprised when someone on here posted that Mecklenburg County voted for blue.
I hope you get your roof fixed keep us posted on that other thread.
Sorry..I was working on an admin problem for my church...

Old 11-13-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post

You do make a point about why a portion of the voters went for Romney -- anyone to depose Obama. Good point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections