U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 04:49 PM

4,222 posts, read 6,549,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
So I guess Mecklenburg county isn't "Southern" anymore. Note to the OP. You are posting this in a county that voted for Obama nearly 2-1. In other words, 100,000 more folks voted for Obama in Meck than Romney (the highest numerical difference within the state of NC by far, in favor of Obama). Why not post this on the more conservative NC forum?
To be honest, the only reason that Obama carried Charlotte is because Charlotte's population is mostly other than white and people from other liberal/democratic states and/or people that vote for one specific issue that Obama contends to support. But, the rest of us are indeed "Southern" and will always be. It is like going to London and finding the minority of the population as non-English. Does that mean that London is not English? Hell no!

Old 11-15-2012, 04:51 PM

3,180 posts, read 2,590,118 times
My entire family voted for Romney because Obama is a nightmare and in my town, 65.8% of the folks voted for Romney.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:20 PM

69,541 posts, read 79,825,470 times
Everyone in our family from 24 to 76 voted for Romney; mostly because we wanted a business person in office. We have seen what Obama has done and not done. I might also add, we are a mixture of Christians, Jews and agnostics. so we are not a bunch of over the top Bible Thumpers. We are also both white and hispanic...We didn't see the need to love the pesonality of the Pres as much as what we thought he could do for the company. We also live all over the country, from Florida to Ca and states inbetween.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or