Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 02:52 PM
NDL

4,502 posts, read 5,573,760 times

Advertisements

I think that a lot of people voted for Romney, as they thought he'd be fiscally prudent.

Whatever.

We have another four years of this Administration. I hope they reign in the debt, and continue to pursue policies that rebuild our infrastructure.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:54 PM

34,091 posts, read 82,438,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobears View Post
I'm wondering why people voted for Romney?
They really wanted (needed?) to believe all that other stuff was true.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:57 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,295,459 times
Quote:
I'm wondering why people voted for Romney?
Romney called people deadbeats who don't pay taxes and always want handouts.
No offense my friend, but that's not exactly what he said.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:02 PM

221 posts, read 355,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Im native of this state and I voted for Obama.
If Ron Paul would had the republican nomination I would have voted for him.
I hope that the Republicans get someone that the younger people can relate to
and maybe someone that Black and Hispanic people can relate to.
A Republican President that the world likes to.

maybe the Republicans need a female President. I don't know just a thought.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:04 PM

7,051 posts, read 12,262,818 times
Quote:
Yes I think Mecklenburg county is southern but then again I'm from Chicago so everything is southern to me
Did more people in Mecklenburg county vote for Obama or Romney ?
you edited your post and answered my question thanks urbancharlotte
Not a problem. However, I think I should let you in on a little secret that you should already know. Politics in this country is usually rural vs urban. In most states (even your state) the "red" areas takes up far more land areas than those densely populated blue areas. NC is not different. When NC went Blue in 2008, it was only a small minority of urban counties and rural black counties that made it happen. Obviously, our urban counties don't look anything like Chicago, but the same political divide of urban vs rural still exist here. So IMO, you should get out of your "what's up with the south" mentality. The south is simply America's least urbanized region, therefore the south has fewer urban regions to combat the rural conservative south. It is as simple as that. VA, Florida, and NC are the most "urbanized" states in the south (with NC being the newest of the 3). This is why the politics of these southern states can swing either way (the same can be said for Ohio).

Old 11-13-2012, 03:04 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,779,580 times
He said there was a certain percentage that felt like they were entitled to food, housing, etc......As a single woman who works hard for the $$ and takes it to the 'max" every day....Yes, I do feel entitled to housing, good food, and etc.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:16 PM

3,318 posts, read 5,523,209 times
Quote:
Romney called people deadbeats who don't pay taxes and always want handouts.

Just curious, what do you call people that live off the taxpayers and don't pay taxes? I call them DEADBEATS.

I have been a single mom for over 10 years. Work my a$$ off and don't get one dime handed to me. I have worked since I was 14 years old and I am tired of paying for those that chose not to work. I realize there are some people that need help but IMO there are many more that live off of others and expect to be taken care of.

BTW - I voted for Romney.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
No offense my friend, but that's not exactly what he said.
There was a video tape of him saying it

Mitt Romney will probably get 95 electoral votes ... - Washington P

Old 11-13-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
Just curious, what do you call people that live off the taxpayers and don't pay taxes? I call them DEADBEATS.

I have been a single mom for over 10 years. Work my a$$ off and don't get one dime handed to me. I have worked since I was 14 years old and I am tired of paying for those that chose not to work. I realize there are some people that need help but IMO there are many more that live off of others and expect to be taken care of.

BTW - I voted for Romney.
I guess some people in those states on that map are sick and tired of hearing that because
they work just as hard as everyone else why should they be signaled out as deadbeats
When I look at that tax map it clearly shows who pays the most tax and who does not.
so maybe that got the wrong ideas about Romney after what he said on video tape.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:31 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,295,459 times
Quote:
sigh - Romney did not call the 47% "deadbeats" - that's an inflammatory description the other party ascribed to Romney to discredit him.

THIS is what he really said...

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what,"

"There are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it."

"Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax," Romney said, and that his role "is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.

What I have to do is convince the five to ten percent in the center that are independents that are thoughtful, that look voting one way or the other depending upon some cases emotion, whether they like the guy or not."

As usual, CONTEXT is everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections