Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 01:04 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,526,495 times

Advertisements

Ask the racists, like Steve King, Michelle Bachmann, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, George Allen and Sarah Palin, to LEAVE your party and start their own party?!
I hardly ever hear anyone from the GOP, say something like, a couple of my GOP leaning friends have said (when I point out racism in the GOP) "Well, we just need to stand up and tell people like that, that they are unwelcome in the party".
Way too often though, the GOP either is silent when someone in their party says something racially stupid or when there's a potential hate crime, like Zimmerman, are so quick to defend the one who may have acted in a racially biased matter.
Having Bill O'Reilly, as a prominent figure in the conservative movement, with some of the nasty stuff he has said (the White Christian way of life is threatened), come on, ask him to leave or tell him to shut up, instead of having the "left" do it.
So, GOP, do that instead, ask that instead! As long as you keep on welcoming the Steve King like folks in the party, you won't gain enough of the "brown" or LGBT vote to win elections, in spite of your 3 percents, like Cain (he had no chance in hell of winning the GOP nomination, come on, the South would have never allowed that), Rice or Jihndal.
In all seriousness though, if Colin Powell ran in 2000 and got the nomination, even if he lost, we might not be having this discussion. However, he may have had enough support, from Independents or Democrats, to counter the Steve King or Bubba white men racists, who would never vote for a black man, no matter what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 02:17 PM

Are most Republicans racist? No.
However, do most racists follow the Republican Party? Yes.
Racism, doesn't mean, "I'm not burning crosses, I"m not a racist!".

Old 11-13-2012, 02:26 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
We are the minority and I feel disenfranchised.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:42 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Ask the racists, like Steve King, Michelle Bachmann, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, George Allen and Sarah Palin, to LEAVE your party and start their own party?!
I hardly ever hear anyone from the GOP, say something like, a couple of my GOP leaning friends have said (when I point out racism in the GOP) "Well, we just need to stand up and tell people like that, that they are unwelcome in the party".
Way too often though, the GOP either is silent when someone in their party says something racially stupid or when there's a potential hate crime, like Zimmerman, are so quick to defend the one who may have acted in a racially biased matter.
Having Bill O'Reilly, as a prominent figure in the conservative movement, with some of the nasty stuff he has said (the White Christian way of life is threatened), come on, ask him to leave or tell him to shut up, instead of having the "left" do it.
So, GOP, do that instead, ask that instead! As long as you keep on welcoming the Steve King like folks in the party, you won't gain enough of the "brown" or LGBT vote to win elections, in spite of your 3 percents, like Cain (he had no chance in hell of winning the GOP nomination, come on, the South would have never allowed that), Rice or Jihndal.
In all seriousness though, if Colin Powell ran in 2000 and got the nomination, even if he lost, we might not be having this discussion. However, he may have had enough support, from Independents or Democrats, to counter the Steve King or Bubba white men racists, who would never vote for a black man, no matter what.
The Repubs would first have to realize minorities really exist.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:43 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Ah, yes. Disagree with Obama and his horrible policies and you're a racist. I guess when you see everything through racial glasses, that's your reality.

The GOP is what it is. Why don't minorities join the GOP? That's the real question. Maybe because of the lies the left spews forth about how we're all a bunch of hick racists?

....says the poster that spews forth racial garbage (see above).

Old 11-13-2012, 02:46 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Are most Republicans racist? No.
However, do most racists follow the Republican Party? Yes.
Racism, doesn't mean, "I'm not burning crosses, I"m not a racist!".
If you know the true meaning of racism, that would not be your answer. The most racist, bigoted bullies belong to the Democrat party. Racism doesn't mean "just because I'm not white, I'm not a racist".

Old 11-13-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Ah, yes. Disagree with Obama and his horrible policies and you're a racist. I guess when you see everything through racial glasses, that's your reality.

The GOP is what it is. Why don't minorities join the GOP? That's the real question. Maybe because of the lies the left spews forth about how we're all a bunch of hick racists?

Come on Ringnotsowise. Really?
Where are most of these tweets coming from? For sure not for states that went for Obama.

Post-Election 2012: Map Locates The Most Racist Tweets After President Obama's Re-Election (Map) : US : Latinos Post

Old 11-13-2012, 03:37 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post

Old 11-13-2012, 03:41 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Speaking of racists 70% of Hispanics voted for Obama because he promised their illegal amigos amnesty. That was their number one issue. If that isn't racism then I don't know what is.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:58 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,304 times
The answer is simple: white supremacy is a long and time-honored tradition in the US, and there are still many people who enjoy it. Since these people also wish to use it politically, it's only natural that there would be a major political party that advertises that Hispanics are "illegals" and that black people "want free stuff". Sending out the racists would fatally cripple the GOP, because that's a central part of their base, although obviously not the entirety of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections