U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 03:09 PM

3,996 posts, read 3,855,598 times

Advertisements

There is a new poll out that show the GOP would shoulder the blame if the government goes off the fiscal cliff. In other words if The GOP in congress keeps trying to prevent Obama from moving the country forward there could be a backlash in the 2014 mid term elections. The democrats could take back the House. The fact that democrats made gains in both the House and Senate last week should be another warning sign. Other polls show that the majority of Americans want to see the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy expire and some diehard republicans like Bill Crystal are now seeing the light.

If the GOP and Obama don't come to an agreement and the government goes off the fiscal cliff, Fifty-three percent of Americans said Republicans in Congress would be more to blame in that instance, according to a Pew Research Center poll conducted in the days following the election. Twenty-nine percent said that Obama would be more to blame, while 10 percent said both the president and Republicans would share blame. Republicans in congress better cave in or they will suffer bigger losses in 2014. I'm sure Republicans are looking forward to having a president Hillary Clinton and democratic control of the House and Senate at the beginning of 2017.

Poll: If government careens off fiscal cliff, GOP to shoulder blame - NBC Politics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 03:28 PM

38,048 posts, read 19,025,070 times
What's new? They always blame everyone else so what is new... we are used to it.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:53 PM

12,646 posts, read 13,630,297 times
Exclamation lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
What's new? They always blame everyone else so what is new... we are used to it.
How incredibly short-sighted of the Electorate to identify the Republicans as obstructionists when they've actually claimed the mantle.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:02 PM

14,513 posts, read 8,100,596 times
I do hope they can compromise but don't really think they are willing.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:08 PM

86,093 posts, read 70,038,371 times
Well if it helps I sent Boehner an email and told him to give the Democrats everything they wanted.
Don't say No to any of their bills or amendments.
This way the Repubs can't be blamed for anything.

So I did my part.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:12 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,227,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
There is a new poll out that show the GOP would shoulder the blame if the government goes off the fiscal cliff. In other words if The GOP in congress keeps trying to prevent Obama from moving the country forward there could be a backlash in the 2014 mid term elections. The democrats could take back the House. The fact that democrats made gains in both the House and Senate last week should be another warning sign. Other polls show that the majority of Americans want to see the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy expire and some diehard republicans like Bill Crystal are now seeing the light.

If the GOP and Obama don't come to an agreement and the government goes off the fiscal cliff, Fifty-three percent of Americans said Republicans in Congress would be more to blame in that instance, according to a Pew Research Center poll conducted in the days following the election. Twenty-nine percent said that Obama would be more to blame, while 10 percent said both the president and Republicans would share blame. Republicans in congress better cave in or they will suffer bigger losses in 2014. I'm sure Republicans are looking forward to having a president Hillary Clinton and democratic control of the House and Senate at the beginning of 2017.

Poll: If government careens off fiscal cliff, GOP to shoulder blame - NBC Politics
Basically why do you think that at mid term and continued in this election that Obama's super majority was taken away and continued in this election. Especaill;y comig from Democrats who never accept that democrats controlled both houses for tweo eyar before the present crisis. Bush was president ans d got the blame. It was afetrall voters who voted in republicans at mid term to house control and took super majority senate away . The continue it i thsi elction.No one will remmebr who was majorityeloader;minor ity leader i either house. Ist like Bush ;Obama who takes the fall and is remember as happening under his presidency. The Buck stil stop at presidents desk and I call liberal B.S.The batter up is Obama to propose a solution that can pass the compromise test it will get.

Last edited by texdav; 11-13-2012 at 07:24 PM..

Old 11-13-2012, 07:14 PM

833 posts, read 529,660 times
****** mcconel made his move and we already anticipated this, which is why the movement is strong in unseating him in 2014 with a great diversity of people, you name it, people want his butt whopped.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:21 PM

592 posts, read 337,292 times
I see the battle continuing. Neither side is going to give an inch.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:38 PM

833 posts, read 529,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
I see the battle continuing. Neither side is going to give an inch.

A great deal of republicans who voted for Obama are on the ticket to remove mcconel and all the other obstructionists within the gop. They even got their own separate movement to get mcconel, who would have known?

Old 11-13-2012, 07:52 PM

9,995 posts, read 11,263,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
A great deal of republicans who voted for Obama are on the ticket to remove mcconel and all the other obstructionists within the gop. They even got their own separate movement to get mcconel, who would have known?
Wow. That would be a dream from heaven. Mitch McConnell is a complete disgrace. I'd like to see Ashley Judd unseat him, but she might be a bit too Malibu for Kentucky these days...they went Romney by 23%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or