U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2012, 07:45 PM

9,362 posts, read 22,343,312 times

Advertisements

My aunt called me this evening and told me about a call she received and the caller ID read: STOP OBAMA 202-558-3148. She figured it was a pre-election call and they forgot to turn off the machine. The male caller was ranting in anger about Obama, not new stuff- the birth certificate, Guantanamo, blah blah. She said his rant sounded like Hitler trying to stir up the country. He said they were working to have Obama impeached. At the end of the call, she was told to press 1 to contribute and press 2 to have her number removed from their calling list.

She hung up, but then called the number back to see what the deal was. My aunt, whom I have never heard utter the F word, went off on them... You effing nuts need to let this go.... and on and on until they hung up on her.

I just googled the number and found the following blog post on the Daily Koz. Man, did we ever dodge a bullet this year. Can you imagine living in a nation where these whack jobs are running our country?

Here is what I found on google:

Daily Kos: The R's are at it again, they cannot be trusted!!!!

The Republicans are back at it again and they have no intention on compromising with President Obama...They cannot be trusted!!!!! Their plan is to obstruct and muddy the waters. The reasons are below the fold.

This morning I was enjoying my cup up tea when I received a phone call, it was from 202-558-3148, my caller ID said it was Defeat Obama... So I thought what the hell is this and so I answered it. It was a robo call and a man was spewing about how President Obama needed to be impeached for closing Guantanamo, raising taxes, and not being an American citizen. Then I hung up.

Well this made me to start to think what the heck is going on, so I called the number back and a woman answered. I played dumb and asked her to explain to me the reason for the phone call because my hearing was not good and the man on the recording was talking too fast. Oh did she explain....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 08:11 PM

4,999 posts, read 3,754,351 times
Sounds like a phishing scheme to be honest. They're using the irrational hysteria of right-wing morons in order to turn a quick buck. I doubt they have any real political aspirations.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:20 PM

6,722 posts, read 4,262,185 times
sounds like these ppl. I encountered them the morning after the election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
My aunt called me this evening and told me about a call she received and the caller ID read: STOP OBAMA 202-558-3148. She figured it was a pre-election call and they forgot to turn off the machine. The male caller was ranting in anger about Obama, not new stuff- the birth certificate, Guantanamo, blah blah. She said his rant sounded like Hitler trying to stir up the country. He said they were working to have Obama impeached. At the end of the call, she was told to press 1 to contribute and press 2 to have her number removed from their calling list.

She hung up, but then called the number back to see what the deal was. My aunt, whom I have never heard utter the F word, went off on them... You effing nuts need to let this go.... and on and on until they hung up on her.

I just googled the number and found the following blog post on the Daily Koz. Man, did we ever dodge a bullet this year. Can you imagine living in a nation where these whack jobs are running our country?

Here is what I found on google:

Daily Kos: The R's are at it again, they cannot be trusted!!!!

The Republicans are back at it again and they have no intention on compromising with President Obama...They cannot be trusted!!!!! Their plan is to obstruct and muddy the waters. The reasons are below the fold.

This morning I was enjoying my cup up tea when I received a phone call, it was from 202-558-3148, my caller ID said it was Defeat Obama... So I thought what the hell is this and so I answered it. It was a robo call and a man was spewing about how President Obama needed to be impeached for closing Guantanamo, raising taxes, and not being an American citizen. Then I hung up.

Well this made me to start to think what the heck is going on, so I called the number back and a woman answered. I played dumb and asked her to explain to me the reason for the phone call because my hearing was not good and the man on the recording was talking too fast. Oh did she explain....

Old 11-13-2012, 08:33 PM

6,936 posts, read 6,993,777 times
Quote:
Will someone please tell them the party is over?
The racists don't give up easily.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:01 PM

9,362 posts, read 22,343,312 times
CONSERVATIVE MAJORITY FUND - Follow the Unlimited Money - Sunlight Foundation Reporting Group

Conservative Majority Fund.

They ought to just call the Donald.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or