U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-19-2012, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Texas
24,072 posts, read 10,181,238 times
Reputation: 5382

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
what mountain of evidence do you have, that a libertarian society has been 100% successful.
You make false claims on what I say and expect to get away with it? LMAO Prove to me I said its 100 percent successful. You cannot because it was never said. It definitely is many times better than the big government failure you back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Unless you can prove that a libertarian society has no flaws, you have no room to talk.
Sorry sport I haven't seen anyone say it is flawless. But go ahead and continue to make things up since you cannot defend the horrific policies YOU back which has destroyed the economy and has kept us in the never ending wars in the Middle East which make us less safe.
I do know for a FACT that the big government policies you back are failures. I do know for a FACT that government causes the booms and busts and the busts are always worse than the booms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Government isn't perfect, but it has had its good and bad. You seem to be of the impression that government has never done anything good, and all they have done is screwed things up.
Like I said. Your posts are nothing more than cheerleader drivel. They don't use facts, but instead use false claims that do not hold water.
Following a conservative approach to our Federal government we never would have experienced a housing bubble because a conservative government doesn't get involved and regulate an entire industry by lowering standards.
Following a conservative approach to government as well as following the constitution we would not have overthrown Iran in 1953 and initiated the hatred that comes from people when we murder their citizens. Have you forgotten the 500,000 children who died in Iraq at the hands of our sanctions? They haven't and why would they?

Again I'll ask.
How is the economy your big government is running? Was it a good thing to manipulate the free market in the housing industry?
How did the big government bailouts work when both the repubs tried theirs and the dems tried theirs? How is allowing the very same ones that ruined the economy to fix it, working?
The more you allow government to run we the peoples lives the worse it gets. Why listen to you and your policies? You're wrong too often and the results are destructive.

When you answer, please don't make things up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-19-2012, 09:59 AM
 
Location: Texas
24,072 posts, read 10,181,238 times
Reputation: 5382
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
actually in a little over a month he will not have a district anymore. BTW, most people even in Texas, do not really like his politics, He was a typical incumbant, in a very small district and very well known there. This helped him win over and over.
His policies and how he worked for the people in his district were the reasons. You can make up what you want, it doesn't make it true.
A typical incumbent? lol What next?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2012, 10:03 AM
 
Location: Texas
24,072 posts, read 10,181,238 times
Reputation: 5382
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ12321 View Post
Practically Somalia... which is why a conservative-libertarian society would be best.
Somalia isn't close to being conservative or libertarian. Or are you forgetting property rights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2012, 10:10 AM
 
Location: Texas
24,072 posts, read 10,181,238 times
Reputation: 5382
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ12321 View Post
I think Gary really wanted to be president just to get marijuana decriminalized around the nation.

As for Ron Paul, he is an honest man who wanted to run a country but not something like ours. He wouldn't be willing to maintain America's power as the world's best. He has some great ideas that are plausible but then he has ones that are absolutely insane; particularly, his entire foreign policy. He'd be better at running a second-rate nation, but he would have made a great VP and would have won the election.

Die-hard libertarians like to say how the GOP abandoned them, etc. But they have libertarian ideologues in the GOP (or once in it, like Gary) yet they are always bashing the Republican Party as a whole. Then they wonder why the GOP distances themselves from them. Die-hard libertarians don't get it.
First off. Try reading the constitution or is that insane?
Then open your eyes to what is happening in the Middle East. How is our 60 year old policy of occupy and control working? We do know that it makes us less safe, as the people in the Middle East told us when they gave their reasons for attacking us. Or haven't you read the Dept of Defense or the CIAs Bin Laden unit reports? If you haven't, then why comment?

Saying he wouldn't be willing to maintain America as the world power is a joke. Based on what? That he wants us to have a sound economy? That he wants big government out of controlling the economy because he sees first hand that our economy has become a joke.

Why discuss policy when you can make things up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2012, 10:14 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,105,823 times
Reputation: 18436
Default Herman Cain > Ron Paul

Ron Paul couldn't even get by Herman Cain. He's no match for the extraordinary President Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2012, 03:13 PM
 
3,421 posts, read 2,509,799 times
Reputation: 1238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You make false claims on what I say and expect to get away with it? LMAO Prove to me I said its 100 percent successful. You cannot because it was never said. It definitely is many times better than the big government failure you back.

Sorry sport I haven't seen anyone say it is flawless. But go ahead and continue to make things up since you cannot defend the horrific policies YOU back which has destroyed the economy and has kept us in the never ending wars in the Middle East which make us less safe.
I do know for a FACT that the big government policies you back are failures. I do know for a FACT that government causes the booms and busts and the busts are always worse than the booms.

Like I said. Your posts are nothing more than cheerleader drivel. They don't use facts, but instead use false claims that do not hold water.
Following a conservative approach to our Federal government we never would have experienced a housing bubble because a conservative government doesn't get involved and regulate an entire industry by lowering standards.
Following a conservative approach to government as well as following the constitution we would not have overthrown Iran in 1953 and initiated the hatred that comes from people when we murder their citizens. Have you forgotten the 500,000 children who died in Iraq at the hands of our sanctions? They haven't and why would they?

Again I'll ask.
How is the economy your big government is running? Was it a good thing to manipulate the free market in the housing industry?
How did the big government bailouts work when both the repubs tried theirs and the dems tried theirs? How is allowing the very same ones that ruined the economy to fix it, working?
The more you allow government to run we the peoples lives the worse it gets. Why listen to you and your policies? You're wrong too often and the results are destructive.

When you answer, please don't make things up.
I've always said that government isn't perfect, and it has had its misses, but government has had its successes. You're the one who is a cheerleader for a libertarian society. I can acknowledge that government has failed from time to time, but its libertarians who seem to believe there is nothing wrong with their platform and go nuts whenever somebody criticizes it and whomever is going to be the candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2012, 03:17 PM
 
3,421 posts, read 2,509,799 times
Reputation: 1238
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Ron Paul couldn't even get by Herman Cain. He's no match for the extraordinary President Obama.
which is why I laugh when they think they could have beaten obama. They can't even acknowledge the weaknesses in their own platform and where they would vulnerable if they were put on a national stage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2012, 03:31 PM
 
Location: Texas
24,072 posts, read 10,181,238 times
Reputation: 5382
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
which is why I laugh when they think they could have beaten obama.
Are you laughing at the unemployed people? Or the ones who have lost their equity because of the economic collapse your big government policies caused?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
They can't even acknowledge the weaknesses in their own platform and where they would vulnerable if they were put on a national stage.
Which weakness? Following the constitution? Preventing the economic collapse by staying away from managing the economy? Or preventing 9/11 with a foreign policy that doesn't include invade and occupy nations while killing human beings?

Oh that's right, you don't discuss policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2012, 03:45 PM
 
Location: Texas
24,072 posts, read 10,181,238 times
Reputation: 5382
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I've always said that government isn't perfect, and it has had its misses, but government has had its successes. You're the one who is a cheerleader for a libertarian society. I can acknowledge that government has failed from time to time, but its libertarians who seem to believe there is nothing wrong with their platform and go nuts whenever somebody criticizes it and whomever is going to be the candidate.
You sure don't learn do you? Whenever you try to testify for me and my beliefs you fail. Just like the policies you back which have also failed we the people. If making beliefs up about the other side makes you happy, go for it.

The failures of your big government have outweighed the successes. And quit a few of those successes have come at the expense of other industries and at a huge cost. But those are invisible right? Forget the people from group A that could have received the help, just focus on group B that did receive the help. Even in the same industry big government will hand picked winners and losers

Picking winners and losers has never worked. We the people tell industries what we want through our purchasing power. As a group, left to the free market, we are rarely wrong and do not use force to accomplish our goals. The opposite of big government intervention.

btw Cheerleader rhetoric doesn't use facts. I don't make things up about the "other side" and I use facts to expose their failures. And I don't go back to the same ones who ruined things for the working stiff to see how they can fix it. I learn from my mistakes. How about you? Are you better off than you were 6-7 years ago?

The youngest generation is the first in America to have a bleaker outlook than their parents. Why should I listen to the ones that made the mess? They don't care. Their actions prove that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2012, 04:01 PM
 
3,421 posts, read 2,509,799 times
Reputation: 1238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Are you laughing at the unemployed people? Or the ones who have lost their equity because of the economic collapse your big government policies caused?

Which weakness? Following the constitution? Preventing the economic collapse by staying away from managing the economy? Or preventing 9/11 with a foreign policy that doesn't include invade and occupy nations while killing human beings?

Oh that's right, you don't discuss policy.
If libertarianism is this gold mine that you claim it is, why is it we can't find any great examples of it working. Here is an example of one of your weaknesses, private property rights. You libertarians love that one. Ron Paul said he would have voted against the 1964 CRA because of the violation of private property rights. You honestly believe that with a liberal media, you would get away justifying voting against it when it was landmark legislation for minorities? Privatizing medicare, SS, or medicaid. The media and Obama would have made ya'll look heartless and cruel. Privatize education. The poor would be screwed by that because they wouldn't be able to afford to school. These are issues that any democrat and even republican can exploit. You guys would be playing defense the entire time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top