U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 08:44 AM

15,908 posts, read 9,725,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
No, the poor would be screwed, and minorities would SOL.

Ummmm.... yeah, I'm gonna have to once again call bulls*** on that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 08:47 AM

3,421 posts, read 2,509,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You can call it what you want, but that is exactly what would happen. You want to eliminate all entitlements, and leave it up to private charity, Privatetize everything run my the government, and you would allow businesses to discriminate against people of color. I don't see equal opportunity anywhere in that world.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:50 AM

1,644 posts, read 1,724,064 times
If you want to know how Ron Paul would fair in a presidential election just look at the race Goldwater ran. He had essentially the same ideas and Goldwater got his ass handed to him.

Ron Paul has a few good points...no question...but his ideas aren't acceptable to most americans. If you walked up to 100 Americans...99 of them would think ending the federal reserve, the department of education, the TSA, the Food and Drug Administration, and reverting to the gold standard are absolute lunacy. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with Dr. Paul but he will never gain mainstream credibility outside his cult like following.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:52 AM

4,480 posts, read 4,000,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
ron paul could have won---and he would have gotten a lot of votes from people who liked his social non-interference, his willingness to always put americans first (over other countries), his antiwar stance, his anti foreign aid stance, his no money for illegal immigrants stance, and his efforts to reign in the federal reserve, fully audit them, stop the insane printing, and dump "the bernanke".

ron paul could pull votes from BOTH sides who are fed up with all the waste in the system, all the corruption/flat out stealing, and all the cronyism.

i see very little not to like in his platform.

of course, it is possible that the country is too far gone for anybody to have beaten obama-since the economy is so much worse economically than it was, but now we will never know.
"ron paul could pull votes from BOTH sides" - totally agree. For example, I chose Obama over the robotized rich boy, but would have voted for Paul without hesitation. The problem is, his 'less is more' philosophy terrifies people. For example his 'less war' message seems to make people cringe, even though he has overwheming support from the military voters. His 'less government' message terrifies people, even though the current policies have enabled corporate greed to outsource America's future. At least his 'audit the Fed' bill passed, even though both parties watered it down completely. Ron Paul has a heart. He provided free medical assistance to disadvantaged patients. He was one of the few who served in the military. He has turned down the government pension freebies. All of this makes him a 'kook'? Well, just shows how brainwashed the sheeple are - perhaps by the 'liberal media' - LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-14-2012, 08:53 AM

6,936 posts, read 7,037,895 times
Ron Paul was the only one who could have defeated Obama

Ron Paul would have received far fewer votes than Mr. Romney did, for many reasons. But the details about the extensiveness of his mental illness probably would have knocked him out of the race early-on.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Even if you believe that your policies are sound, do you honestly believe when put on a national spotlight, he could beat obama? all they need to mention is, racist newsletters, and he voted against the 1964 CRA, and hid behind the reason of private property rights, which basically means you should be allowed to discriminate on the basis of skin color. The media would eat Ron Paul alive just for that alone.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:54 AM

3,180 posts, read 2,596,591 times
I voted for Dr. Paul in the Republican primary. He got 15.3% of the vote compared to Romney's 63.3%. in NY. My daughter (age 23) thought Dr. Paul was "too old" to be President.

As long as the U.S.A. remains engaged with the United Nations, this country is not ready for Dr. Paul's understanding of upholding our Constitution and protecting U.S. sovereignty. They JUST DON'T GET IT! The UN/World Bank/IMF are at the crux of our economic meltdown and no one seems to be paying attention!

Old 11-14-2012, 08:57 AM

3,180 posts, read 2,596,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Ron Paul was the only one who could have defeated Obama

Ron Paul would have received far fewer votes than Mr. Romney did, for many reasons. But the details about the extensiveness of his mental illness probably would have knocked him out of the race early-on.
Dr. Paul is FAR from mentally ill. You should be ashamed of yourself for taking up bandwidth with this nasty, ignorant post.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:57 AM

8,353 posts, read 5,762,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
But the sheeple were too stupid to see it. Obviously, any of the white male Republican candidates would have gotten basicly the same white vote that Romney got... Santorum, Perry, Gingrich. The anti-Obama vote was a givaway to any white male candidate. But the only candidate that could have pulled a sizable number of voters away from Obama was Ron Paul.

I could have been a contender - YouTube

Old 11-14-2012, 08:59 AM

Any libertarian that runs in a presidential election would get run off the stage. The media alone who have you guys looking like clowns in the national spotlight. The republican or democrat wouldn't even need to do anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or