Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 08:01 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,103,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
But the sheeple were too stupid to see it. Obviously, any of the white male Republican candidates would have gotten basicly the same white vote that Romney got... Santorum, Perry, Gingrich. The anti-Obama vote was a givaway to any white male candidate. But the only candidate that could have pulled a sizable number of voters away from Obama was Ron Paul.

How many more nuts do we need in Washington? I think there are too many there now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 08:01 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
You can call it what you want, but that is exactly what would happen. You want to eliminate all entitlements, and leave it up to private charity, Privatetize everything run my the government, and you would allow businesses to discriminate against people of color. I don't see equal opportunity anywhere in that world.

Then you are blind! Do you not realize that we are BROKE!!!! Yet you want to continue with the same failed policies! Welfare needs to be seriously reformed. I am not talking about the disabled, elderly, or those with a serious illness, or even the working poor. I'm talking about those who are able bodied, but won't work, because it benefits them to sit on welfare. If you are able bodied, then you need to get off of your a** and get a job! It's that simple!!! Safety nets are meant to be SHORT TERM, and not last for generations! After 3 months if you haven't found a job, and you want to continue to receive government bennies, then you should have do some sort of community service, such as pick up trash on the highway, volunteer in a soup kitchen, and other community services that are badly needed. If not, then you don't get your bennies. I'm willing to help those who want to help themselves! I'm absolutely not willing to help those who want to sit there and take advantage of the system and continue to pump out kids to get more benefits! This has nothing to do with skin color!!! Furthermore, any business that discriminates in 2012 based on skin color is doing a huge disservice to himself/herself as a business owner! But again, if they're stupid enough to do so, then they will reap what they sow. However; having said that, I have no issue with business owners not doing business with someone who looks like a shady character. Again nothing to do with skin color. It's no different than "no shoes, no shirt, no service." If I don't want to serve you for whatever reason, I DON'T HAVE TO! But you seem to want to allow the government's boot to force them to do so! That is tyranny!

You seem to be of the thought that libertarians will send us back to the 1950s, which tells me it is indeed you who are living in the past, and can't let go of the past mistakes in this country! It's time to move on! We're all Americans! No special privileges anymore! We are all equal. Unless you really don't want equality?

Old 11-14-2012, 08:02 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
social non-interference
You do realize, of course, that this isn't actually true.

This is a man who is a so opposed to equal rights for gay people that he actually co-sponsored a bill to prevent courts from hearing challenges to DOMA.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:07 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,255,215 times
Quote:
.........he voted against the 1964 CRA......
We wasn't a legislator until 1976.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:12 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,967,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Which idea was bat sh** crazy?
You have to remember, Republican neo-cons believe that the idea of America NOT having a military base in every corner of the globe, NOT policing the world every month of every year, of America NOT dictating to and shaping other governments into what we want to see using our military power, NOT doing other nations' regional security for them on the American taxpayer dime- not doing those things is batsh** crazy to those folks. To not want America to be an imperialist power, to not want America to build and expand its empire (which throughout history has been defined as the extent of military reach and might around the globe to control world governance and world governments) is what they consider to be bat sh** crazy.

But in reality what's bat sh** crazy is wanting that kind of American Global Empire on the American taxpayer dime and then turning around and claiming to be for small government. Ron Paul aptly makes this point, and it's the TRUTH, and it's a message that resonnates with voters, and that's what the Republican neo-cons who control the Party can't stand. Otherwise they would not so engage in name-calling towards a congressman who consistently stands up for conservative principles IN a conservative-dominated Party, who consistently stands up for small government IN a Party that claims to be FOR small government. The truth is the Party isn't really for small government, they only want you to THINK they are. And since Ron Paul uses his public platform to highlight by his own personal example and policy statements just how much the Party isn't really for small government, the Party is disgusted with him blowing their cover.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Any libertarian that runs in a presidential election would get run off the stage. The media alone who have you guys looking like clowns in the national spotlight. The republican or democrat wouldn't even need to do anything.

Yeah, of course they would. I mean, it ain't like the media isn't bought and paid for or anything. NAH!

Old 11-14-2012, 08:13 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,071,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Then you are blind! Do you not realize that we are BROKE!!!! Yet you want to continue with the same failed policies! Welfare needs to be seriously reformed. I am not talking about the disabled, elderly, or those with a serious illness, or even the working poor. I'm talking about those who are able bodied, but won't work, because it benefits them to sit on welfare. If you are able bodied, then you need to get off of your a** and get a job! It's that simple!!! Safety nets are meant to be SHORT TERM, and not last for generations! After 3 months if you haven't found a job, and you want to continue to receive government bennies, then you should have do some sort of community service, such as pick up trash on the highway, volunteer in a soup kitchen, and other community services that are badly needed. If not, then you don't get your bennies. I'm willing to help those who want to help themselves! I'm absolutely not willing to help those who want to sit there and take advantage of the system and continue to pump out kids to get more benefits! This has nothing to do with skin color!!! Furthermore, any business that discriminates in 2012 based on skin color is doing a huge disservice to himself/herself as a business owner! But again, if they're stupid enough to do so, then they will reap what they sow. However; having said that, I have no issue with business owners not doing business with someone who looks like a shady character. Again nothing to do with skin color. It's no different than "no shoes, no shirt, no service." If I don't want to serve you for whatever reason, I DON'T HAVE TO! But you seem to want to allow the government's boot to force them to do so! That is tyranny!

You seem to be of the thought that libertarians will send us back to the 1950s, which tells me it is indeed you who are living in the past, and can't let go of the past mistakes in this country! It's time to move on! We're all Americans! No special privileges anymore! We are all equal. Unless you really don't want equality?
I don't believe for a second that every business that discriminates is going to suffer, that is a just a token response you guys when this issue is brought up. I'm not living in the past, its you libertarians living on fantasy island with your survival of the fittest society.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
You have to remember, Republican neo-cons believe that the idea of America NOT having a military base in every corner of the globe, NOT policing the world every month of every year, of America NOT dictating to and shaping other governments into what we want to see using our military power, NOT doing other nations' regional security for them on the American taxpayer dime- not doing those things is batsh** crazy to those folks. To not want America to be an imperialist power, to not want America to build and expand its empire (which throughout history has been defined as the extent of military reach and might around the globe to control world governance and world governments) is what they consider to be bat sh** crazy.

But in reality what's bat sh** crazy is wanting that kind of American Global Empire on the American taxpayer dime and then turning around and claiming to be for small government. Ron Paul aptly makes this point, and it's the TRUTH, and it's a message that resonnates with voters, and that's what the Republican neo-cons who control the Party can't stand. Otherwise they would not so engage in name-calling towards a congressman who consistently stands up for conservative principles IN a conservative-dominated Party, who consistently stands up for small government IN a Party that claims to be FOR small government. The truth is the Party isn't really for small government, they only want you to THINK they are. And since Ron Paul uses his public platform to highlight by his own personal example and policy statements just how much the Party isn't really for small government, the Party is disgusted with him blowing their cover.

Well said!

Old 11-14-2012, 08:14 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,071,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
We wasn't a legislator until 1976.
My bad. I meant to say, he would have voted against it. Those were his words.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
I don't believe for a second that every business that discriminates is going to suffer, that is a just a token response you guys when this issue is brought up. I'm not living in the past, its you libertarians living on fantasy island with your survival of the fittest society.

My advice to you is simple then. If you feel that you are being discriminated against from a certain business, then don't patronize it!!!! I am certainly not going to go somewhere where I'm not liked! It appears that you are the one living in the past, with all of your references to going back to 1950! I'm not from that era! I grew up in a different time, so don't punish me, because of something that happened in the past in which I was not a part of!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections