U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-14-2012, 07:42 PM
 
519 posts, read 327,951 times
Reputation: 215

Advertisements

There was a time when I voted GOP. These days I think I vote D mainly to vote against the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-15-2012, 02:16 PM
 
Location: Boston, MA
10,923 posts, read 7,722,587 times
Reputation: 5296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Ha. I'm really sick of the right's garbage. I am a white, middle class, happily married, taxpaying, 4th generation American and I did not vote for Romney for pretty much the same reasons this guy outlined.
Did Romney outline this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2012, 03:03 PM
 
42 posts, read 27,125 times
Reputation: 21
I hope the Republican Party turns more libertarian as days go by. The should be and often claim to be the party of government staying out of things. They need to stop the war on marijuana and realize it really isn't that bad, esp if regulated, and need to stop being anti-gay within the govt.

That alone would win them votes. Birth control should be seen as okay to use along with the morning after pill, but they can keep their stance on abortion, esp. partial-birth. They need to get completely out of the bedroom when it comes to that, unlike the Dems who voted to force pornstars to wear condoms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2012, 08:14 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,335 posts, read 79,508,905 times
Reputation: 38683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Ha. I'm really sick of the right's garbage. I am a white, middle class, happily married, taxpaying, 4th generation American and I did not vote for Romney for pretty much the same reasons this guy outlined.
and you are a Republican right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2012, 08:16 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,335 posts, read 79,508,905 times
Reputation: 38683
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_coli View Post
There was a time when I voted GOP. These days I think I vote D mainly to vote against the GOP.
what a childish way to choose our elected officials. I wouldn't admit it if I voted just to vote against an entire party...Thank God most of us vote for the best candidate, regardless of what is next to his/her name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2012, 08:20 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,335 posts, read 79,508,905 times
Reputation: 38683
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ12321 View Post
I hope the Republican Party turns more libertarian as days go by. The should be and often claim to be the party of government staying out of things. They need to stop the war on marijuana and realize it really isn't that bad, esp if regulated, and need to stop being anti-gay within the govt.

That alone would win them votes. Birth control should be seen as okay to use along with the morning after pill, but they can keep their stance on abortion, esp. partial-birth. They need to get completely out of the bedroom when it comes to that, unlike the Dems who voted to force pornstars to wear condoms.
Where are you getting the idea Republicans do not approve of using birth control?? Where are you getting the idea only Republicans vote against legalizing Pot? Where are you getting the idea they are anti gay? You are listening to propaganda too much or watching too many cartoons on TV and not doing enough research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2012, 08:29 AM
 
1,058 posts, read 943,862 times
Reputation: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Where are you getting the idea Republicans do not approve of using birth control?? Where are you getting the idea only Republicans vote against legalizing Pot? Where are you getting the idea they are anti gay? You are listening to propaganda too much or watching too many cartoons on TV and not doing enough research.
Seriously, it is not like this stuff is hard to find. This took a few seconds on google. As for pot I agree that there are a whole host of people who are for and against it and it doesn't always follow the usual party lines.

Rick Santorum
“One of the things I will talk about, that no president has talked about before, is I think the dangers of contraception in this country.” And also, “Many of the Christian faith have said, well, that’s okay, contraception is okay. It’s not okay. It’s a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be.”


GOP Party Platform
That is why Congressional Republicans took the lead in enacting the Defense of Marriage Act, affirming the right of States and the federal government not to recognize same-sex relationships licensed in other jurisdictions. The current Administration’s open defiance of this constitutional principle – in its handling of immigration cases, in federal personnel benefits, in allowing a same-sex marriage at a military base, and in refusing to defend DOMA in the courts – makes a mockery of the President’s inaugural oath. We commend the United States House of Representatives and State Attorneys General who have defended these laws when they have been attacked in the courts. We reaffirm our support for a Constitutional amendment defining marriage as the union of one man and one woman. We applaud the citizens of the majority of States which have enshrined in their constitutions the traditional concept of marriage, and we support the campaigns underway in several other States to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2012, 08:31 AM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
6,208 posts, read 3,105,272 times
Reputation: 2529
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Where are you getting the idea Republicans do not approve of using birth control?? Where are you getting the idea only Republicans vote against legalizing Pot? Where are you getting the idea they are anti gay? You are listening to propaganda too much or watching too many cartoons on TV and not doing enough research.
Jeez... why don't you just accept the faults of the republican party and try to fix them instead of denying they're there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2012, 08:39 AM
 
Location: Boston, MA
10,923 posts, read 7,722,587 times
Reputation: 5296
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Seriously, it is not like this stuff is hard to find. This took a few seconds on google. As for pot I agree that there are a whole host of people who are for and against it and it doesn't always follow the usual party lines.

Rick Santorum
“One of the things I will talk about, that no president has talked about before, is I think the dangers of contraception in this country.” And also, “Many of the Christian faith have said, well, that’s okay, contraception is okay. It’s not okay. It’s a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be.”
Newsflash! Rick Santorum was rejected as the Republican presidential candidate. It happened earlier this year.
Quote:
GOP Party Platform
That is why Congressional Republicans took the lead in enacting the Defense of Marriage Act, affirming the right of States and the federal government not to recognize same-sex relationships licensed in other jurisdictions. The current Administration’s open defiance of this constitutional principle – in its handling of immigration cases, in federal personnel benefits, in allowing a same-sex marriage at a military base, and in refusing to defend DOMA in the courts – makes a mockery of the President’s inaugural oath. We commend the United States House of Representatives and State Attorneys General who have defended these laws when they have been attacked in the courts. We reaffirm our support for a Constitutional amendment defining marriage as the union of one man and one woman. We applaud the citizens of the majority of States which have enshrined in their constitutions the traditional concept of marriage, and we support the campaigns underway in several other States to do so.
This proves that the GOP recognizes marriage as between a man and a woman. It does not prove they are anti-gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2012, 08:43 AM
 
1,058 posts, read 943,862 times
Reputation: 624
[quote=Mr. Joshua;26975784]
Quote:

Newsflash! Rick Santorum was rejected as the Republican presidential candidate. It happened earlier this year.


This proves that the GOP recognizes marriage as between a man and a woman. It does not prove they are anti-gay.

Santorum was running pretty strongly against Romney and that was with very little money behind him.
Republicans have a habit of putting up their previous losers as their new nominees, but time will tell.


So being against gay marriage isn't being anti-gay...okay

Is that like loving the sinner and hating the sin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top