Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 05:37 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Not a single word anywhere in that article of Romney taking one ounce of blame or responsibility for his loss. No self reflection whatsoever. It's everyone else's fault--he is blameless. So much for the party of personal responsibility, huh?
Oh, that whole personal responsibility thing ~ that only applies to OTHER people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 06:02 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
Do we have to submit a form or something? Do we have a catalog to choose from? Since my whole family voted for him, can we get a bigger free thing? My GD is half black and I have a gay cousin. We should get affirmative action points. Do we qualify for a free trip to Disney or something? I want details. I want my free stuff!

Old 11-14-2012, 06:11 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,825,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Mitt Romney held a conference call with disappointed fat cat donors today, and claimed Obama won re-election because of all the "free gifts" he gave to minorities in his first term:

Romney Blames Loss on Obama's 'Gifts' to Minorities and Young Voters - NYTimes.com

I thought Rommey disavowed his "47%" comments? but here he is, basically repeating them, for the same crowd of well-healed donors.

Funny, cuz I always thought that, on the 47% tape, it was the only time during the whole campaign that you could tell Romney was really speaking with conviction. The only time the "real" Romney was on display.

America made the RIGHT CHOICE. I said it a year ago on these boards, and I'll say it again: NOBODY LIKES A PHONEY!
Wait, What? I was suppose to get STUFF?? I voted for President Obama and all I'm getting in return is good governance, an ethical leader and man of integrity - what a rip!!

Mittens' true colors came out during the original 47% video; he tried to deny those comments were his true beliefs, but now we know that him and his other Entitlement Society friends really do believe that we that are the true Earners and Makers are only want stuff. He is slime!!

Old 11-14-2012, 06:19 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
When I first heard of the video, I thought his statement was being taken out of context- that he was saying he had written them off as far as getting their vote. But then I saw the entire video and it said it all. It was, I think, his undoing. What a hateful, judgmental man. There but for the grace of corporate welfare goes he.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:21 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,421 times
Mittens still all butthurt

Old 11-14-2012, 06:28 PM

677 posts, read 933,865 times
It's behind comments like Mitt's & the rest of the GOP that they'll never see the White House again, at least in my lifetime if I can help it.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:39 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,279 times
where are my freebies, im a minority so im supposed to get them

Old 11-14-2012, 07:30 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,933,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Jesus Christ... Republicans just can't help contradicting themselves. Yesterday it's Obama hasn't done anything for Blacks, today it's he's been giving them gifts.
Yes, Limbaugh and right-wing media play both sides, depending on the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I had some slight fun with this the other day: I took some items over to a relative of mine, a 'Tea Party' guy (who does not work but receives Federal disability, for some 20 years), and told him that "Since Obama won, here is your free stuff!".

He reminded me of Queen Victoria. He was not amused.
So, why would he vote for those who hate his "entitlement"? Repubs would do away with all of them, including his, if they get the power.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:08 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Dumb Romney didn't know how to read the polls to realize he was likely to lose. He was shocked when he lost even thought the normal polls clearly showed this.

Now Dumb Romney things there is a sudden influx of young voters in 2012 because Obamacare kept young adults on their parents insurance until age 26.

Dumb Romney should learn how to look at data to evaluate trends. He would see that the baby boomers (a large boom in population) now have children that are young adults and many turned 18 and became voters the past 4 years. In a nutshell, there is an influx of young voters BECAUSE there is an influx of young people in the USA. Period. The more young people we have, the more they vote.

Dumn Romney needs to go away. It's been very nice this past week without Dumb Romney. Bye, Bye Dumb Romney.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
not so if romney said this its wrong.. obama won a narrow and close race bek his party is better organized and dont vote their conscience. they vote to keep their man in office. the gop fails bek it is divided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections