Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 04:31 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,038 times

Advertisements

Mitt Romney held a conference call with disappointed fat cat donors today, and claimed Obama won re-election because of all the "free gifts" he gave to minorities in his first term:

Romney Blames Loss on Obama's 'Gifts' to Minorities and Young Voters - NYTimes.com

I thought Rommey disavowed his "47%" comments? but here he is, basically repeating them, for the same crowd of well-healed donors.

Funny, cuz I always thought that, on the 47% tape, it was the only time during the whole campaign that you could tell Romney was really speaking with conviction. The only time the "real" Romney was on display.

America made the RIGHT CHOICE. I said it a year ago on these boards, and I'll say it again: NOBODY LIKES A PHONEY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
Romney is such a scumbag, he will say anything he thinks someone wants to hear. He is a man with absolutely no conviction or principles.

How many millions of dollars in tax cuts did people like Sheldon Adelson, the Koch Brothers and Mitt Romney himself stand to gain if Romney/Ryan had won the election?

Old 11-14-2012, 04:53 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Jesus Christ... Republicans just can't help contradicting themselves. Yesterday it's Obama hasn't done anything for Blacks, today it's he's been giving them gifts.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:13 PM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
I had some slight fun with this the other day: I took some items over to a relative of mine, a 'Tea Party' guy (who does not work but receives Federal disability, for some 20 years), and told him that "Since Obama won, here is your free stuff!".

He reminded me of Queen Victoria. He was not amused.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:15 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
America dodged a bullet when it kicked this piece of dirt to the corner last week. Instead of taking comfort knowing that Obama is not going to stand for taxes being raised on the 98% of us, we could all be worrying about how we are going to come up with the money to pay our bills after we lose our home mortgage, health insurance and other deductions so that Romney and his plutopals can pay less.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:24 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Default Romney to donors: Obama won because he gave away "free gifts" to minoriites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Mitt Romney held a conference call with disappointed fat cat donors today, and claimed Obama won re-election because of all the "free gifts" he gave to minorities in his first term:

Romney Blames Loss on Obama's 'Gifts' to Minorities and Young Voters - NYTimes.com

I thought Rommey disavowed his "47%" comments? but here he is, basically repeating them, for the same crowd of well-healed donors.

Funny, cuz I always thought that, on the 47% tape, it was the only time during the whole campaign that you could tell Romney was really speaking with conviction. The only time the "real" Romney was on display.

America made the RIGHT CHOICE. I said it a year ago on these boards, and I'll say it again: NOBODY LIKES A PHONEY!

The Pubs just aren't giving any indications that they're learning the lessons of their big defeat.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:25 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
He's making every excuse in the book to blame someone else for losing. At least we know now that he was dead serious when he made the 47% comments, not that there was ever really any question about it. He's always been this way. I'm just glad we're done with him.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:26 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,256,191 times
Romney asks: "what can we do going forward?’ But frankly we’re still so troubled by the past, it’s hard to put together our plans from the future.” I'm pretty Mitt doesn't have a future with the Republican Party.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:28 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Not a single word anywhere in that article of Romney taking one ounce of blame or responsibility for his loss. No self reflection whatsoever. It's everyone else's fault--he is blameless. So much for the party of personal responsibility, huh?

Old 11-14-2012, 05:30 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times
im half black/half white (a minority), where is my free stuff? i havent gotten anything.

this is the typical southern white male country club mentality that needs to go away in the GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections