U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 12:32 AM

3,186 posts, read 5,194,756 times

Advertisements

She would win, and it would yet again be another revolutionary presidency. I wonder how much of a say Bill would have if she were president. That would be truly amazing a husban and wife as president, crazy to imagine. But if she's anything like her husband I believe she'll be a great president!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 05:43 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,400,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Democrats voted for four more years of his FAILED policies.
Actually going from the 2nd worst recession in US history to steady consistent growth is not indicative of failed policy.

Ending one war and winding down another is not indicative of failed policy.

Rehabilitating America's international image, going from American allies having disdain for America to American allies embracing America again- is not indicative of failed policy.

American companies having record amounts of cash (indicating that they are making BIG money in the American economy) is not indicative of failed policy.

Equal pay legislation enacted is not indicative of failed policy.

Compassion shown to illegal immigrants while having strong border security is not indicative of failed policy.

Expanding Pell Grants to college students is not indicative of failed policy.

Hillary will run in 2016 because she is skilled and ambitious. And because Americans are recognizing that
Democratic policies are succeeding, are giving more Americans a legitimate shot at the good life, at the American dream.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:01 AM

159 posts, read 207,914 times
Quote:
How would she be "qualified"?

Name one executive position that she has held.

If the best you can come up with is Department of State - I will counter with people who have run actual states - like Sarah Palin.

Hillary Clinton is a political pawn - that is why she was thrown under the bus over Benghazi, which was President Obama's fault - not hers.

She is not a bad Secretary of State, but she has zero qualifications to be president.

She would, however, be an improvement over President Obama.

She has been a senator, Secretary of State, and lived for eight years in the White House. She is very respected abroad.

If we are really going to argue over who has a better resume between Clinton and Palin, I'm not partaking in that. It's absurd. I don't even post on this forum a lot because of how completely pointless discussions become when partisan hacks go off on their ridiculous rants.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:09 AM

2,977 posts, read 3,553,730 times
if you are a pug, you are praying she doesn't run.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:15 AM

3,861 posts, read 9,281,603 times
No more Bush, Clinton, or any of the old guard are needed. It is time for new leaders with fresh ideas. The status quo has screwed us royally.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:32 AM

6,936 posts, read 6,998,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I have to question the intelligence of those who predict a Hillary run. She will be 67, and she has been adamant about not running, so why do people insist she will run?
Ronald Reagan was 69 years old, when he was elected for the first time. 73 years old his second term. So age isn't a disqualifier, IMO. I think she'll run for President, and if she does there isn't a Republican who could beat her.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:12 AM

29,125 posts, read 21,157,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkytofu10 View Post
She...lived for eight years in the White House.
So did Chelsea Clinton - does just living in a certain place make one qualified?

Old 11-15-2012, 11:23 AM

833 posts, read 528,609 times
Quote:
How would she be "qualified"?

Name one executive position that she has held.

If the best you can come up with is Department of State - I will counter with people who have run actual states - like Sarah Palin.

Hillary Clinton is a political pawn - that is why she was thrown under the bus over Benghazi, which was President Obama's fault - not hers.

She is not a bad Secretary of State, but she has zero qualifications to be president.

She would, however, be an improvement over President Obama.

Nothing more can be expected from your trash.

You hate women, you hate people of Color. you cant hack it that we are Making it. And that feels GOOD to me. And hey BLACKS ASIANS HISPANICS WOMEN LGBT will make this another landlide for the DEMS, not because we may not see eye to eye on everything but so we dont have to listen to folks like You who likes to say "you cant" and we'll shut you up with "YES WE CAN"!!!!

Old 11-15-2012, 11:25 AM

833 posts, read 528,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Ronald Reagan was 69 years old, when he was elected for the first time. 73 years old his second term. So age isn't a disqualifier, IMO. I think she'll run for President, and if she does there isn't a Republican who could beat her.

He thinks inside the small box called the gop. My friend, what the hell did you expect?

Old 11-15-2012, 11:27 AM

27,892 posts, read 37,906,940 times
H. Clinton may not run, but Bill cleared the decks for her in case she wants to. Bill Clinton worked his tail off for Obama. Had Romney run, it would have been very hard to unseat him as an incumbent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections