U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 05:24 PM

5,660 posts, read 6,624,088 times

Advertisements

No, please no!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 11:55 PM

19,608 posts, read 13,218,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
are we talking about the same Hillary Clinton? I see a lot of positives about her, even if I do not agree with her politics one bit, but to say you looks fantastic is almost humorous. Normally, I beleive we all have our own opinions and have reasons for them, but I have never heard anyone, recently say "she looks fantastic: most think she looks like HELL. She looks tired (understandably so) she needs to get a decent hairstyle and she needs to grow old gracefully. She looks worse than Nancy P. Some people do age well, others do not, she is not aging well. Maybe a few years rest will improve her looks.

On and as for the Island Empire,where do you think that is?
Hillary has a lifelong fight going on with her hairdo. I suspect she gets a lot of sympathy from other women who have the same going on.
Personally, I think she is aging all right. She looks her age, but she has not conceded to it, and looks just like a hundred other ladies I know of the same age who are in a damn sight better shape than their men.

Even so- I honestly believe folks love Hillary Clinton, but they don't want her to be President. I seriously doubt that she wants the Presidency now, either, but she is still very much a soldier for the Democratic party. If it is in trouble in 2016 and call her, she will answer the call.

Good question. I know of 2 different Inland Empires- one in California, and one in western Washington. Are there any others you know of?

Old 12-11-2012, 06:05 AM

69,747 posts, read 80,129,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Hillary has a lifelong fight going on with her hairdo. I suspect she gets a lot of sympathy from other women who have the same going on.
Personally, I think she is aging all right. She looks her age, but she has not conceded to it, and looks just like a hundred other ladies I know of the same age who are in a damn sight better shape than their men.

Even so- I honestly believe folks love Hillary Clinton, but they don't want her to be President. I seriously doubt that she wants the Presidency now, either, but she is still very much a soldier for the Democratic party. If it is in trouble in 2016 and call her, she will answer the call.

Good question. I know of 2 different Inland Empires- one in California, and one in western Washington. Are there any others you know of?
yep, those a are the two I know of and the one person appears to live in the Ca "island Empire" I was raised not far from there, just west...

As for Hillary, I can understand why a lot of people would support her and I can understand why it might be tempting, but she has been through 3 campaigns, she knows how grouling they can be, she has probably achieved more in life than she ever dreamed of and I just think she will be happy doing her own thing.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:55 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,110,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
yep, those a are the two I know of and the one person appears to live in the Ca "island Empire" I was raised not far from there, just west...

As for Hillary, I can understand why a lot of people would support her and I can understand why it might be tempting, but she has been through 3 campaigns, she knows how grouling they can be, she has probably achieved more in life than she ever dreamed of and I just think she will be happy doing her own thing.
Did you consider she IS doing her own thing?

I can't read minds like you can so I have no idea of what Clinton dreamed of nor if she's happy right now or not.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:04 AM

41,505 posts, read 49,878,393 times
Default Dems in 2016

From another thread:

I am concerned with which post Clinton era the Democrats will nominate in 2016. The Clinton’s are too old for the party and the job but I am not familiar with any Obama generation Democrats that will attract national support. At least we have two or three years to work this out

Old 12-11-2012, 11:28 AM

11,395 posts, read 8,961,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
From another thread:

I am concerned with which post Clinton era the Democrats will nominate in 2016. The Clinton’s are too old for the party and the job but I am not familiar with any Obama generation Democrats that will attract national support. At least we have two or three years to work this out
That's a good question... Elizabeth Warren? Nah.. probably not but this is a very good question. If not Hillary then who?

Old 12-11-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Did you consider she IS doing her own thing?

I can't read minds like you can so I have no idea of what Clinton dreamed of nor if she's happy right now or not.
did I say anything about her being happy right now or what she would do in the future..I gave my opinion: nothing more, nothing less. You certainly enjoy spinning remarks when people you don't agree with post, don't you?

Old 12-11-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
That's a good question... Elizabeth Warren? Nah.. probably not but this is a very good question. If not Hillary then who?
and who then, could be the problem...Even Bob Beckle says there are not a lot of good,young talent in the party right now..Of course, things can always change..I do not think Elizabeth Warren would be ready and my guess, she is too far to the left...

Old 12-11-2012, 02:14 PM

39,150 posts, read 23,359,162 times
Interesting column by Maureen Dowd.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/05/op...ef=maureendowd

Old 12-11-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Interesting column by Maureen Dowd.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/05/op...ef=maureendowd
It is an interesting article, still speculation, but very interesting. I think more people in the know think she will run than think she won't. I am just not convinced she thinks she will...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections