U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 12:08 PM

18,677 posts, read 16,441,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
it was a narrow race. he did not lose, he was not supported by gop, they did not vote.
or voted their conscious, fatal behavior.
u will now pay dearly for this mistake.
dems vote to keep their guy in office, not their conscious.

LOL,RR and MR took the white vote and evengelicals by the same percentage, so I guess they did not come out for Reagn, either, huh?

Old 11-16-2012, 02:26 PM

14,271 posts, read 15,241,835 times
Quote:
it was a narrow race. he did not lose, he was not supported by gop, they did not vote.
I voted for Obama because the GOP frightened the crap out of me. I don't know if that's "voting my conscience" or not, but as long as my vote counted, it shouldn't matter.

I voted. The candidate I chose won. Get over it.

(By the way, it's conscience, but I was conscious when I voted!)

Old 11-16-2012, 03:07 PM

12,646 posts, read 13,615,208 times
Exclamation lol...

Quote:
Romney's a loser. He LOST the election. His family's good at losing elections.

Romney didn't win. Romney gave a speech congratulating the President on his win.

Republicans didn't like Romney in the primary's, his loss should've been expected.

Romney was a loser back in 2008 as well. No one liked him then and he dropped out.

Nate Silver mathematically predicted Romney would lose with a fairly high degree of certainty.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:14 PM

8,880 posts, read 15,634,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post

Republicans didn't like Romney in the primary's, his loss should've been expected.:
Bingo. Romney got 51% of the popular vote in the primary cycle. Not exactly a stunning endorsement from the members of his party considering his only opposition in the last 15 primaries was a candidate whose presence was ignored by both the party and the media.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:58 PM

14,271 posts, read 15,241,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
I agree that entitlements to low-income voters helped win this election for Obama, but Romney is the one who put it into play with his 47% comment. He was as clueless about running a campaign as he was about how to repair the economy.
My memory is beginning to fail me, but I remember posting somewhere that the poorest states voted Republican. The states that receive the highest amount of government assistance are red states. This is a fact. Examples are Texas, Alaska, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.

Also, here is a map of the states showing who pays the most federal income tax. The people who pay the least live mostly in Republican states.

[URL="http://www.theamericanconservative.com/where-do-the-47-percent-live/"]Where Do the 47 Percent Live?[/URL]

As you can see, Romney’s geographic base is in states where large numbers of households pay no net federal income tax.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:15 PM

31,777 posts, read 24,007,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
My memory is beginning to fail me, but I remember posting somewhere that the poorest states voted Republican. The states that receive the highest amount of government assistance are red states. This is a fact. Examples are Texas, Alaska, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.

Also, here is a map of the states showing who pays the most federal income tax. The people who pay the least live mostly in Republican states.

Where Do the 47 Percent Live?

As you can see, Romney’s geographic base is in states where large numbers of households pay no net federal income tax.
"God" (and fear of) usually trumps self-respect and self-interest.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:27 PM

8,880 posts, read 15,634,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

Where Do the 47 Percent Live?

Your map only shows percentages of the population, not raw numbers. And most of the people I've spoken to who wre outraged by the comment aren't part of the 47%, so there's the "advocacy vote," if you will, that has to be considered as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or