Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 08:25 AM

25,845 posts, read 16,522,667 times

Advertisements

What a whiny crybaby this guy has turned out to be. Imagine him as president? Ouch.

Mitt Romney Says Obama Won by Giving 'Gifts' to Latino Voters | Fox News Latino

Old 11-15-2012, 08:27 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,393 times
We know that Romney suffers from psychological problems ... challenges. Ann has told us that several times. I can imagine that an unexpected (for him) defeat is pushing him into dispair and we'll continue to hear from him on excuses for his humiliating defeat. And to add some icing to the cake ... the House body-slammed Paul Ryan on a House leadership vote yesterday. He lost. Someone cut his nuts off. LOL!

Old 11-15-2012, 08:27 AM

25,845 posts, read 16,522,667 times
But nice to see there is a voice of reason in the Republican party.

"Asked about Romney's remarks, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, a potential contender for the GOP nomination in 2016, strongly condemned those in the GOP who classify voters based on income, race or age and said the party cannot concede wide swaths of voters and expect to win elections.
"We have got to stop dividing the American voters," Jindal told reporters in Las Vegas, where the Republican Governors Association was meeting. "We need to go after 100 percent of the vote, not 53 percent. We need to go after every single vote."

Read more: Mitt Romney Says Obama Won by Giving 'Gifts' to Latino Voters | Fox News Latino

Old 11-15-2012, 08:28 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
I didn't want to even imagine him as the President. But, it scares the hell that nearly half the voters went for him. Dummies.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:28 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,919,186 times
Romney's problem is that he believes he was 'entitled' to the Presidency.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:36 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Romney's problem is that he believes he was 'entitled' to the Presidency.
Exactly- this coming from a guy who was born into vast wealth.

While many business owners do - he defiinitely did not build his businesses on his own.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:50 AM

865 posts, read 623,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What a whiny crybaby this guy has turned out to be. Imagine him as president? Ouch.

Mitt Romney Says Obama Won by Giving 'Gifts' to Latino Voters | Fox News Latino
Nothing untrue in what he said. The thing is, the gift givers are about to stop giving.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:51 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Romney's actions the last 5 weeks have been disappointing. I liked his missionary work, but cannot ignore several awful recent incidents:

(a) The 47% comment (reprehensible in its assumptions of being the same (wrong) as the Obama vote). PS, Ryan handled it at the debate, with far MORE class, than Romney. Ryan did not treat it as acceptable.
(b) The Navy Seal incident and even worse "We'll abide by his mother's wishes" (Uh, duh, it should have been met with a public apology, Mitt)
(c) Writing just an acceptence speech-Conceited!!!
(D) Now this.

McCain handled 2008 with absolute class. Romney has done the inverse. In fairness, Newt & company would have handled it as bad, or worse.

I am delighted Romney is done as a politician, given the above list. By election day, conversely, I liked Ryan more than ever, as he was very classy in expressing differences of opinion as just that. Not as if they were declarations of war!!

PS, Jindal is IMO both being savvy, and quite frankly, I suspect he is HONESTLY angry at Mitt's post election reaction, as well as the wing nuts who ran for the Senate as Republicans.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:57 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Romney's lose a lot. He didn't run again to become Governor (he would've lost), he didn't win his first try at the Office of President (he lost), he didn't win a seat in the Senate (lost), his dad tried for the Presidency (he lost), his mom ran for the Senate (she lost).

Perhaps the Romney name is just synonymous with loser.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:57 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Romney's actions the last 5 weeks have been disappointing. I liked his missionary work, but cannot ignore several awful recent incidents:

(a) The 47% comment (reprehensible in its assumptions of being the same (wrong) as the Obama vote). PS, Ryan handled it at the debate, with far MORE class, than Romney. Ryan did not treat it as acceptable.
(b) The Navy Seal incident and even worse "We'll abide by his mother's wishes" (Uh, duh, it should have been met with a public apology, Mitt)
(c) Writing just an acceptence speech-Conceited!!!
(D) Now this.

McCain handled 2008 with absolute class. Romney has done the inverse. In fairness, Newt & company would have handled it as bad, or worse. Bush I - that was class.

I am delighted Romney is done as a politician, given the above list. By election day, conversely, I liked Ryan more than ever, as he was very classy in expressing differences of opinion as just that. Not as if they were declarations of war!!

JPS, indal is IMO both being savvy, and quite frankly, I suspect he is HONESTLY angry at Mitt's post election reaction, as well as the wing nuts who ran for the Senate as Republicans.
Well that's news. McCain still is acting childish over his defeat. Since his loss he has turned into a petulant, bitter old man instead of the more respected roll of senior "statesman",
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections