U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-17-2014, 12:28 AM
 
6,335 posts, read 4,254,736 times
Reputation: 1640

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Marco Rubio is an anxious public speaker, and Chris Christie is a narcissist, so no. Hilary is a corrupt career politician and I think we've had our fill of democrats for awhile.

Heres my list who whose values I consider close to my own and who would make great leaders for this country (no certain order)

Allen West
Sarah Palin
Michelle Bachmann
Ted Cruz
Ben Carson

These people will not be chosen, I know, but I can dream. Any two combination of those I consider my dream team.
You forgot Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-17-2014, 12:41 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
21,725 posts, read 10,593,592 times
Reputation: 3943
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
he isn't going to come anywhere near getting the nomination I don't think. Last time around there were the flavors of the week or month as many Republicans just could not warm up to Romney. This will not be the case this time. Unlike the Democrats, the Republican have many new, young and fresh faces out there.
Not really sure what you are basing your argument on here.

The Democrats do not lack young fresh faces, we simply have a sitting VP and a former Secretary of State who are front runners by a mile compared to the rest of the pack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2014, 12:56 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
21,725 posts, read 10,593,592 times
Reputation: 3943
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I too would hope anyone who is legally qualified and thinks they can do the job will run; but you are totally missing my point: it isn't who should run, it is who can probably win and my argument still stands: I think many of us want to see new faces. By many of us, I mean the public overall. What you are missing is: those old names have had their chance; they were not able to make it before because too many didn't agree with them, what makes you think they will have new ideas?


Your argument is flawed because you believe if a candidate has lost once, they will always lose, but the field is not the same, nor are the issues.

Hillary lost in 2008 not because her idea were stale, not because people disliked her, but because to many Barack Obama was a better candidate.

that same thing many not happen in 2016.

If what you had said was true, Mitt Romney would have never had a chance in 2012 after losing in 2008, John McCain would have never gotten the nomination in 2008 after losing in 2000, Al Gore in 1988 and so on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2014, 08:41 AM
 
Location: University City, Philadelphia
22,583 posts, read 11,763,332 times
Reputation: 15398
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
My prediction is as follows:

Chris Christie/Marco Rubio (R) VS Hillary Clinton/Tim Kaine (D)

I don't think it will be either of them. Most certainly not Christie, and I doubt it will be Hillary.

Rubio may be the GOP candidate.

Just my gut feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2014, 06:45 PM
 
1,048 posts, read 1,034,518 times
Reputation: 527
still sticking with my prediction from a few months ago:

paul/Martinez vs. warren/hickenlooper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2014, 07:24 PM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 16,435,858 times
Reputation: 7274
Hillary will be the next POTUS, but I am not sure who her VP will be. No doubt, the party will want someone who would be young still in 2024.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2014, 08:09 PM
 
Location: Area 51.5
13,904 posts, read 11,001,259 times
Reputation: 9036
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Not really sure what you are basing your argument on here.

The Democrats do not lack young fresh faces, we simply have a sitting VP and a former Secretary of State who are front runners by a mile compared to the rest of the pack.
That's plain funny.

Considering lefties despise old folks, why pick 2 completely over-the-hill seniors, both suffering from extreme memory loss?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2014, 11:13 PM
 
6,335 posts, read 4,254,736 times
Reputation: 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That's plain funny.

Considering lefties despise old folks, why pick 2 completely over-the-hill seniors, both suffering from extreme memory loss?
Hillary is barely a senior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2014, 11:52 PM
 
1,871 posts, read 1,574,921 times
Reputation: 2850
In my ideal world where people would educate themselves on the issues facing this country I would love a President Ron Paul but I realize that has a slim chance of happening so I will accept what I consider the next best thing, Gary Johnson. Not sure who I would like as his running mate but I sure hope he runs and people wake up to the madness and insanity of the current failed 2 party system.

Last edited by Rangerdude_Charlie; 01-21-2014 at 12:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2014, 12:15 AM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
21,725 posts, read 10,593,592 times
Reputation: 3943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That's plain funny.

Considering lefties despise old folks, why pick 2 completely over-the-hill seniors, both suffering from extreme memory loss?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top