U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 04:24 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,826,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Bob McDonnell/Susana Martinez vs Tim Caine/Elizabeth Warren
Bob McDonnell is a non-starter because of the transvaginal ultrasounds. I do think Tim Kaine would be a good choice for them. Though a Virginian vs. a Virginian would be quite an interesting election.

Rand Paul, Bobby Jindal, Santorum, Bachmann, and even Paul Ryan, among others, are also non-starters because they are against abortion even in cases of rape and incest.

I don't think the left would be stupid enough to put Warren on a national ticket.

As far as Susana Martinez, I need to learn about her more to have an opinion about her. I really like the little I see, but I fear that she could be seen as another Palin. I hope she is actually intelligent, competent, and knowledgeable (as I think she is, but there is a difference between being intelligent and knowledgeable). I just read some comments she made in an article about the Hispanic vote. They were very good. I will try and find it and post it at some point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 04:29 PM

6,566 posts, read 4,189,418 times
Meatloaf/Nugent 2016
The all American idiot ticket

Old 11-16-2012, 04:36 PM

1,644 posts, read 1,721,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Bob McDonnell is a non-starter because of the transvaginal ultrasounds. I do think Tim Kaine would be a good choice for them. Though a Virginian vs. a Virginian would be quite an interesting election.

Rand Paul, Bobby Jindal, Santorum, Bachmann, and even Paul Ryan, among others, are also non-starters because they are against abortion even in cases of rape and incest.

I don't think the left would be stupid enough to put Warren on a national ticket.
As far as Susana Martinez, I need to learn about her more to comment on her. I really like what I see, but I fear that she could be seen as another Palin. I hope she is actually intelligent, competent, and knowledgeable (as I think she is, but there is a difference between being intelligent and knowledgeable). I just read some comments she made in an article about the Hispanic vote. They were very good. I will try and find it and post it at some point.
I was born and raised in Virginia...Tim Kaine actually handed me my diploma at UVA's graduation in 2009 and Mark Warner spoke at my High School graduation in 2005. To me either Kaine or Warner would be great candidates for the Democrats in 2016. Despite my traditional GOP leanings...I would be inclined to vote for them. However...I wouldn't consider a vote for Warren...I would have a hard time doing much anything for her to be honest...she irks me.

I agree about the GOP candidates you mentioned. The abortion issue in cases of rape/incest comes across as barbaric. The GOP will HAVE to drop these moot social issues like gay marriage and abortion to keep competitive. Politics operate like any other business....when a business need arises or your buyers change...you have to adapt or risk losing clients. The GOP needs to adapt and do it quickly or they are going to be as profitable as blockbuster.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:19 PM

158 posts, read 510,153 times
The republicans need to figure out how to win Florida and Ohio, so maybe a Rubio/Portman ticket would be the answer.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:59 PM

14,134 posts, read 9,901,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
As far as Christie, before Sandy I would have said he would have been my first choice for 2016 if Romney lost. Now I don't think I could vote for him even in the general election, much less in the GOP primary.
You are not alone. I guess we'll have to see how long memories are.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:05 PM

11,536 posts, read 8,516,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Meatloaf/Nugent 2016
The all American idiot ticket
Limbaugh/Palin, same difference

Old 11-16-2012, 09:47 PM

86,215 posts, read 3,543,310 times
Interesting that no one has mentioned Jeb Bush for the GOP nomination. Is the Bush name forever tarnished?

Old 11-16-2012, 09:49 PM

755 posts, read 614,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merv1225 View Post
Interesting that no one has mentioned Jeb Bush for the GOP nomination. Is the Bush name forever tarnished?
That seems to be the consensus.

Personally, I think people can distinguish between one family member and another, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Bush have a go at it in four years, nor would I be all that surprised to see him get the nomination.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:19 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,826,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
That seems to be the consensus.

Personally, I think people can distinguish between one family member and another, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Bush have a go at it in four years, nor would I be all that surprised to see him get the nomination.
He would probably do well with Hispanics. I personally wouldn't want him to be the nominee, but he would be better than a right-wing religious nutcase.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:01 PM

5,888 posts, read 4,504,764 times
Dems: Hillary, of course, and Hilda Solis will be her running mate.

(As a back-up Hillary will pick a Hispanic male from a swing state for her ticket.)

GOP: Mitch Daniels and his running mate will be an African-American or Hispanic female most likely Mia Love or Dr. Carson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or