Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 03:59 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,543,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
OK seeing as my Clinton/Biden prediction doesnt meet with your approval how about Clinton as Pres and Warren as VP.

Or just to urinate off all the Teabaggers and birthers Obama changes the constitution and claims a 3rd term as President with Christy getting the nod for VP..
Because the only people who would be upset with a president trying to amend the constitution to stay in power after two terms are those "wackos" on the right?

This is the exact mentality that leads to people supporting decades of rule by leftist dictators in places like Cuba, Venezuela and Russia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 07:19 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Because the only people who would be upset with a president trying to amend the constitution to stay in power after two terms are those "wackos" on the right?

This is the exact mentality that leads to people supporting decades of rule by leftist dictators in places like Cuba, Venezuela and Russia.
It was a joke eh!

Old 01-11-2014, 07:32 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,022,312 times
I honestly do not see any one associated with the Tea Partiers or Libertarians having a chance.
Both seem to have more support in local conservative districts or very conservative states. I think we are in a time when you have to win moderates, and perhaps a few blue states. I don't see them having enough appeal to mainstream Americans.

I thought Christie had the best chance of doing that.
I'm looking at GOP alternatives, now and hoping someone comes out of nowhere. It's currently kinda depressing.

I think people are being too confident about Clinton. 3 years outs and some have basically handed her the nomination and the presidency, I have a feeling it wont be that easy.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:33 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
OK seeing as my Clinton/Biden prediction doesnt meet with your approval how about Clinton as Pres and Warren as VP.

Or just to urinate off all the Teabaggers and birthers Obama changes the constitution and claims a 3rd term as President with Christy getting the nod for VP..
Man you do have some pretty far out ideas: do you have any idea how many times there has been talks about amending the constitution and how far it has gotten. I am not just talking about one side or another, it comes up regularly. And Obama can not change the constitution on his own. I don't know how things work in Canada, but in America it takes more than the Pres. to amend out constitution, not to mention it makes years. I really doubt Obama would want to be Pres. again. I think he loves the power and the perks, but I don't think he really likes his job.

Now, Clinton/Warren ticket would go nowhere. Our country isn't going to elect an all female ticket. So you can dream and talk about what you think would work, but remember you do not live in our country.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:01 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
If I had to bet right now, I would bet on Biden as the Democratic nominee. Hilary made $400,000 for giving a couple speeches at Goldman Sachs just a couple months ago.
Hillary Clinton's Big Paydays From Goldman Sachs

Why would she do something like that if she were really running? It's gotta make the Dem base want to tear their hair out. She wouldn't do something like that if she were running. OTOH if she is just trying to make everyone think she's running, then monetize that to the max, the Goldman speech is exactly the kind of thing she would be expected to do.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:15 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
If I had to bet right now, I would bet on Biden as the Democratic nominee. Hilary made $400,000 for giving a couple speeches at Goldman Sachs just a couple months ago.
Hillary Clinton's Big Paydays From Goldman Sachs

Why would she do something like that if she were really running? It's gotta make the Dem base want to tear their hair out. She wouldn't do something like that if she were running. OTOH if she is just trying to make everyone think she's running, then monetize that to the max, the Goldman speech is exactly the kind of thing she would be expected to do.
Contrary to popular belief, Democrats at least the base is perfectly fine with Hillary getting paid by Sachs.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:48 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times
With Christie out of the Krazy Kar picture, that leaves .... Saintorum the revival leader...

Old 01-13-2014, 12:11 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,389,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Clinton /Warren ticket would go nowhere. Our country isn't going to elect an all female ticket. So you can dream and talk about what you think would work, but remember you do not live in our country.
What are you basing those assertions on? Less than six years ago, many said we would never ever elect a black man president ...

Old 01-14-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
With Christie out of the Krazy Kar picture, that leaves .... Saintorum the revival leader...
he isn't going to come anywhere near getting the nomination I don't think. Last time around there were the flavors of the week or month as many Republicans just could not warm up to Romney. This will not be the case this time. Unlike the Democrats, the Republican have many new, young and fresh faces out there.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
What are you basing those assertions on? Less than six years ago, many said we would never ever elect a black man president ...
Gut feeling that is all, obviously I don't know anymore than anyone else, but think about it: As I mentioned before, we all expected the majority, a large majority of blacks to support a black candidate, do you really think the majority (large majority) of women are going to support an Pres/VP all female ticket? I don't happen to think they will. Add to this, you are talking about a female that is to the left of center and one that is almost as left as they come. This would be the same as a Republican running 2 far right of right candidates. Not only are both women left, (Warren much more so) but they are both from the north east. If you know anything about politics, you can put 2 and 2 together and come up with a Clinton/Warren ticket as being very unlikely, wouldn't you say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections