U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-20-2012, 08:20 AM
 
58 posts, read 39,992 times
Reputation: 37

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
It only makes sense if Texas is anywhere near in play for the Democrats in 2016, which I don't think will be the case. But hey I could be wrong.
2016 no, but 2024? Possibly.

Demographic tides may turn Texas purple or blue - Houston Chronicle

Quote:
A mathematical analysis of demographic trends and voting results by the Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express-News finds that Texas Democrats will reach parity with Republicans at the presidential election level by 2024 if current population and electoral participation trends continue.

That's three presidential elections away.

But there are many variables, and the pace of Democratic progress - or Republican resurgence - could change based on shifts in Latino turnout levels, continuing growth in some of Texas' heavily Republican suburbs and, most importantly, whether the GOP finds a way to win the support of a greater portion of the Hispanic vote.

"The demographic tides are going to influence Texas," said Cindy Rugeley, a political science professor at Texas Tech University. "Either a Republican will step up and take the lead in making the party more attractive to Hispanic voters or Texas will return to a two-party state."
I would've pegged it at 2032 at the very earliest, but who knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-20-2012, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Moderate conservative for Obama.
833 posts, read 527,994 times
Reputation: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
They just want to be right.

If the choice is seeing America thrive under a President they hate, and seeing America fail, they'll take the latter. In a heartbeat.

Like i said, this is the New Age, the white america that they have so long held onto, is all but gone.

They knew this day was come and they had a choice, like you pointed out, they'd rather see America fail, which is a tragedy and i understand how they feel about how (in their minds) folks might take America for granted. That wont happen as long there are good people and the fact that this POTUS sets Education high on the agenda, i have no problem with "Hoping"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2012, 09:22 AM
 
Location: Maryland
18,563 posts, read 15,771,473 times
Reputation: 6259
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
And this is why you lost the election. This "if we don't win, everything is ruined" mentality is stupid. Get some common sense. Maybe you should stop betting against the US.
We are not saying we are doomed because Romney lost. I like Romney but it was never about him. We are saying we are doomed based on demographics.

Please direct me to a thriving country where a majority of citizens are of African descent or is Latin oriented. Brazil maybe? Before you cry racism the problem is not that these groups are somehow inherently deficient it's that they support growth retarding socialism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2012, 09:28 AM
 
3,624 posts, read 2,963,053 times
Reputation: 1499
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
We are not saying we are doomed because Romney lost. I like Romney but it was never about him. We are saying we are doomed based on demographics.

Please direct me to a thriving country where a majority of citizens are of African descent or is Latin oriented. Brazil maybe? Before you cry racism the problem is not that these groups are somehow inherently deficient it's that they support growth retarding socialism
move to norway then if you want to be with only whites and see how that goes for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2012, 09:31 AM
 
Location: Maryland
18,563 posts, read 15,771,473 times
Reputation: 6259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
Like i said, this is the New Age, the white america that they have so long held onto, is all but gone.

They knew this day was come and they had a choice, like you pointed out, they'd rather see America fail, which is a tragedy and i understand how they feel about how (in their minds) folks might take America for granted. That wont happen as long there are good people and the fact that this POTUS sets Education high on the agenda, i have no problem with "Hoping"
Like it or not this white America that you are celebrating its demise instituted laws and developed technologies that made America the wealthiest most powerful country in the world. Raising the living standards of all its citizens. Black Americans are the wealthiest, most educated people of African descent on the planet this was even true during slavery. Considering the relatively woeful state of Black American educational attainment stats, wealth, crime etc this is remarkable and speaks to the wider degredation in the African diaspora.

If white people go so goes the country. How many Detroits do you need to convince you of that? I'm Black but I call a spade a spade. Haiti is 200 years old and as recently as 2009 many there were eating mud cakes.

I see nothing to cheer about in the demise of White America. What's to look forward to being ruled by corrupt race pimps, no thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2012, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Maryland
18,563 posts, read 15,771,473 times
Reputation: 6259
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
move to norway then if you want to be with only whites and see how that goes for you
I'd move to Ghana first. It's not about being around be White people, I actually have very few white friends. The simple objective observation is Black rule tends to lead to degredation. I rather live in a place that is economically growing, modern and don't have to worry much about eating.

I put more stock in tangible results than some hollow multiracial governing body. If folks are starving what good is it if the leader is Black? I mean really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2012, 10:22 AM
 
10,963 posts, read 7,756,587 times
Reputation: 3113
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
That will be nearly impossible here in Texas. Julian Castro is a tax-loving robin hood socialist and would be easily labeled as such. He just spearheaded a 1/8 cent sales tax to provide pre-k day care for poor people in SA. I like his progressivism on other things, but scorn any attempt to raise taxes, even sales taxes which disprortionately affect the poor.
It will be nearly impossible in Texas NOW. There simply aren't enough voting age Hispanics in the State of Texas to support a gubernatorial run for Castro. Now by 2020 it's a different story. The demographics are changing for Texas are changing just like they are for the rest of the nation. By 2020 a lot of the older die-hard White Conservatives will be dead, there will be more of influx of migrants from blue and purple states and the percentage of the Hispanic population will be significant enough.

You can see the trend starting to turn already. Most of the counties with the large cities in Texas; Harris, Dallas, Bexar and Travis were solidly blue in this last election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2012, 12:16 AM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 16,438,494 times
Reputation: 7274
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
We are not saying we are doomed because Romney lost. I like Romney but it was never about him. We are saying we are doomed based on demographics.

Please direct me to a thriving country where a majority of citizens are of African descent or is Latin oriented. Brazil maybe? Before you cry racism the problem is not that these groups are somehow inherently deficient it's that they support growth retarding socialism
Sounds exactly as stupid as what every European nations immigrants said about the next nations'. I know that from generations past.

Newsflash: We will still be a sensational economy, as our demographics change. Skin color did not build this nation, nor will it maintain it. Never did, never will. The one thing Ryan said that was spot on is America is first and foremost, an idea. Immigrants come here to engage in what remains a meritocracy. In many urban areas, the percentage of new, small businesses they start exceeds the overall average before they came.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2012, 06:17 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
273 posts, read 189,594 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Sounds exactly as stupid as what every European nations immigrants said about the next nations'. I know that from generations past.

Newsflash: We will still be a sensational economy, as our demographics change. Skin color did not build this nation, nor will it maintain it. Never did, never will. The one thing Ryan said that was spot on is America is first and foremost, an idea. Immigrants come here to engage in what remains a meritocracy. In many urban areas, the percentage of new, small businesses they start exceeds the overall average before they came.
You probably should ignore EdwardA. If you read through his post history, about 124 pages, you'll notice that he enjoys posting in threads about race or mentioning race in just about every post. This forum attracts a lot of people that spew racial nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2012, 06:17 AM
 
58 posts, read 39,992 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Like it or not this white America that you are celebrating its demise instituted laws and developed technologies that made America the wealthiest most powerful country in the world. Raising the living standards of all its citizens. Black Americans are the wealthiest, most educated people of African descent on the planet this was even true during slavery. Considering the relatively woeful state of Black American educational attainment stats, wealth, crime etc this is remarkable and speaks to the wider degredation in the African diaspora.

If white people go so goes the country. How many Detroits do you need to convince you of that? I'm Black but I call a spade a spade. Haiti is 200 years old and as recently as 2009 many there were eating mud cakes.

I see nothing to cheer about in the demise of White America. What's to look forward to being ruled by corrupt race pimps, no thank you.
Uncle Ruckus, 'zat you?


The best of Uncle Ruckus Pt.1 (UNCENSORED) - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top