U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2012, 01:19 PM

18,563 posts, read 15,803,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Depends which part of the south. Mississippi and Alabama yes, North Carolina and Virginia no.
He got nearly 70% in NC and I believe 61% in VA, prior to the election I calculated he had to do about 65% in VA to win. He fell short there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 01:20 PM

18,563 posts, read 15,803,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
I just saw a thread you did before the election. After being so wrong do you not question what you are posting here?
Nope. I'm just posting my opinion.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:21 PM

27,646 posts, read 24,880,172 times
The best thing conservatives can do for their country is to leave it. Then we can tackle real problems like climate change instead of fighting over military spending and Benghazi. The real "makers" in this country are in the Blue States (i.e., Apple, Facebook, Harvard, etc.). And it's the Red States that get more money back from the system than they put in.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:23 PM

10,005 posts, read 8,731,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He got nearly 70% in NC and I believe 61% in VA, prior to the election I calculated he had to do about 65% in VA to win. He fell short there.
Both of those numbers are well short of 80%.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:29 PM

18,677 posts, read 16,473,509 times
Quote:
I never said ignore minority voters, I said ignore Black voters big difference. The GOP can cobble a winning coalition with 60% of the White vote and 35-40% of the Hispanic and Asian vote. .
Hard to get 35-40% of a group targeted for self deportation.

In all liklihood, it will take 20 years of progressive GOP policies (the type those who fought for the nation like Bob Dole did not fear advocating) to undo the damage the GOP heaped upon themselves in the TP era.Until than, expect to lose Hispanics by close to the 75-25 in 2012. (and with it, the POTUS).

In 1996, no one campaigning for the Republican nomination would have moved to the right of the sensible policies Rick Perry advocated regarding the children of illegal immigrants.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:42 PM

6,260 posts, read 3,119,381 times
Quote:
Link please.
Gov Romney Gretawire

Quote:
"By the way, I had the privelege of speaking today at the NAACP convention in Houston and I gave them the same speech I am giving you. I don't give different speeches to different audiences alright. I gave them the same speech. When I mentioned I am going to get rid of Obamacare they weren't happy, I didn't get the same response. That's ok, I want people to know what I stand for and if I don't stand for what they want, go vote for someone else, that's just fine. But I hope people understand this, your friends who like Obamacare, you remind them of this, if they want more stuff from government tell them to go vote for the other guy-more free stuff."

Last edited by EddieB.Good; 11-21-2012 at 02:00 PM..

Old 11-21-2012, 01:47 PM

4,120 posts, read 3,702,431 times
Quote:
Your response is not based in reality. Romney said nothing that could remotely viewed as racist during the primary. Why should he censure what other candidate's legitimate views. Gingrich was right to call Obama the food stamp president, if folks automatically equate Blacks with food stamps then whose fault is that?

He went to the NAACP and laid out his views. I mean what do you expect him to go there an say he favors Obamacare? Here's a story about the Philly visit I see no mention of folks being miffed about him not censuring fellow primary candidates. Besides Herman Cain was around why didn't he say anything? The fact is a disproportinate amount of Black people are dependent on the federal government.
I never said he did. I just said he remained silent about it. Sometimes that is just as bad. I think you would agree with that notion because more often than not, you mention how black people are silently complicit with the dysfunctional elements of "black culture" even though that isn't true.

You want to bring Hermain Cain in on this? lol. No comment.

Quote:
Hecklers mar Romney’s visit to inner-city charter school in Philadelphia - The Washington Post

I mean it's nice for folks to have subjective memories now about how racist Romney and the GOP are but he made an effort and was met with hate, ironically whipped up by the peace loving Obama.

I find it ironic that the GOP is condemned for being racist, while Romney did little to explicitly appeal to White voters.

However Obama marshalls out his Black stormtroopers to scream obsenities at Romney, parcels out the electorate by race, gender and other charecteristics to dole out gifts, yet he's the one who will bring together.

Folks are really losing it if they are buying this nonsense.
There you go again. Gifts. I am assuming mine got lost in the mail.

Anyway, I sure hope you were aware of the narrative the Republicans have been trying to paint for 4 years. Somehow, you don't think black people, even in the inner city, haven't paid attention to what has actually come out of the mouths of Republicans for the past four years? I mean really? What did you expect? Did you expect people to forget so soon? I mean these people are not Republicans, they can't magically (conveniently) forget recent events.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:47 PM

397 posts, read 198,709 times
Quote:
Nope. I'm just posting my opinion.
Would you like to answer my questions in the other post via DM?

Old 11-21-2012, 01:50 PM

4,120 posts, read 3,702,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarda View Post
i never said ignore minority voters, i said ignore black voters big difference. The gop can cobble a winning coalition with 60% of the white vote and 35-40% of the hispanic and asian vote. This is very doable. I'd also do some micro targeting of immigrants in general

blacks are not necessary, if a few fall into the gop lap the more the merrier but to contort the gop to make it more palatable to the majority of blacks is foolish. since most are simply not receptive to the message of hard work, personal responsibility and limited government involvement.
............................................______ __
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?........................... ...........................,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:"........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....} ............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|............ ..`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,.............. .............`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_......... .._,-%.......`

Old 11-21-2012, 01:51 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,786,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
The best thing conservatives can do for their country is to leave it. Then we can tackle real problems like climate change instead of fighting over military spending and Benghazi.
More of this sore winner attitude.... And hatred...

Quote:
The real "makers" in this country are in the Blue States (i.e., Apple, Facebook, Harvard, etc.).
Yeah....and I could list a million other companies/universities.

BTW, Romney won the wealthy who I don't see how things would be "made" in this country without (yes, Obama won those with advanced degrees).

Quote:
And it's the Red States that get more money back from the system than they put in.
Umm, let's see...New Mexico, Texas, Vermont, Georgia. Why don't you look the figures up for these states? I think you need to look at high population vs. low population states more than blue vs. red, as well as where military bases are located, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or