U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 03:10 PM

44,814 posts, read 43,373,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Who said all African-Americans are one way or another? I'm sorry I don't use qualifying adjectives for all my posts but I'd think folks are intelligent enough that a group doing on thing or another 100% of the time is impossible.

Ironically though it is the African-American community who puts great stock in being a monolith. Any Black kid who does well in school risks being scolded as, "acting White" by their Black peers. Blacks vote 93% and above for one party year in and year out.

If I met you I'd treat you with respect, not sure what I'd have to be compassionate about though. Do you want pity because your ancestors were slaves? How is that constructive?
From your posts, you have made some disturbing comments about Black Americans.

And I know about the "acting White" phenomenon. This exists among the worst elements of Black culture. Alot of Black people try hard to get away from that culture, and to get their kids away from it. More Black people have college degrees than ever before. More Blacks are in the middle class than ever before.

Maybe if you knew more about American history, you would understand some of these things. You might want to ask yourself why Blacks STOPPED voting Republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
I agree. The ones who hold those feelings don't really care were you come from.
This is what I've been trying to educate people on. People who are racist won't care where you come from. Looks are what such persons are fixated on.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:19 PM

397 posts, read 199,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Who said all African-Americans are one way or another? I'm sorry I don't use qualifying adjectives for all my posts but I'd think folks are intelligent enough that a group doing on thing or another 100% of the time is impossible.

Ironically though it is the African-American community who puts great stock in being a monolith. Any Black kid who does well in school risks being scolded as, "acting White" by their Black peers. Blacks vote 93% and above for one party year in and year out.

If I met you I'd treat you with respect, not sure what I'd have to be compassionate about though. Do you want pity because your ancestors were slaves? How is that constructive?
Not true any more. Black smarts is big deal now.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:21 PM

397 posts, read 199,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is what I've been trying to educate people on. People who are racist won't care where you come from. Looks are what such persons are fixated on.
Apparently some people think they will be viewed as higher by these people.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:35 PM

If the Republican Party is to attract more minorities, the attack ads have to stop. When you have an ad like this:This Is Just A Very Racist Political Ad | Videogum, it does not help.

Read this article too: GOP club offers 'Obama Bucks' while Democrats rib Palin - latimes.com

Read this too: RealClearPolitics - Needed: Competition For Black Votes

There are many variables to consider. If the Republican Party wants to attract minorities, there needs to be more moderates in the party, and it needs to purge the party of the Tea Party influences, not to mention persons like former Senator George Allen. Alot of changes need to be made.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:55 AM

552 posts, read 377,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Sure, I'll comment. There are no references to the "Mark of Cain" in the Book of Mormon. There "skin of darkness" mentioned in the Book of Mormon has nothing to do with the Black (aka Negro) race. Nobody in the Book of Mormon started out Caucasian and ended up Negro. Your source's limited information is very transparent to anyone who has more than a rudimentary understanding of Mormonism. (As a matter of fact, most of his scriptural quotes don't even come from the Book of Mormon.) While it is true that Black men were denied the LDS priesthood for a number of years, this policy had nothing to do with anything in the Book of Mormon. Granted, it was a discriminatory practice, and one I don't believe should ever have existed. But it you want to discuss it with me, you're going to need to start by at least getting your facts straight.

LDS - "Though he was a rebel and an ASSOCIATE OF LUCIFER IN PRE-EXISTENCE, ...Cain managed to attain the privilege of mortal birth.... [H]e came out in open rebellion, fought God, worshiped Lucifer, and slew Abel.... AS A RESULT OF HIS REBELLION, CAIN WAS CURSED WITH A DARK SKIN; HE BECAME THE FATHER OF THE NEGROES, and THOSE SPIRITS WHO ARE NOT WORTHY to receive the priesthood are born through his lineage." LDS "Apostle" Bruce McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, pp. 108-109, 1966 edition, emphasis added.

LDS - "Not only was Cain called upon to suffer, but because of his wickedness he became THE FATHER OF AN INFERIOR RACE. A curse was placed upon him and that curse has been continued through his lineage and must do so WHILE TIME ENDURES. Millions of souls have come into this world cursed with a BLACK SKIN and have been DENIED THE PRIVILEGE OF PRIESTHOOD and the fulness of the blessings of the Gospel. These are the descendants of Cain. Moreover, they have been made to FEEL THEIR INFERIORITY and have been SEPARATED from the rest of mankind from the beginning. Enoch saw the people of Canaan, descendants of Cain, and he says, 'and there was a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan, that they were DESPISED AMONG ALL PEOPLE.'" LDS "Prophet" Joseph Fielding Smith, The Way to Perfection, pp. 101-102, 1931, emphasis added.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:40 AM

21,306 posts, read 20,993,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwdavid View Post
LDS - "Though he was a rebel and an ASSOCIATE OF LUCIFER IN PRE-EXISTENCE, ...Cain managed to attain the privilege of mortal birth.... [H]e came out in open rebellion, fought God, worshiped Lucifer, and slew Abel.... AS A RESULT OF HIS REBELLION, CAIN WAS CURSED WITH A DARK SKIN; HE BECAME THE FATHER OF THE NEGROES, and THOSE SPIRITS WHO ARE NOT WORTHY to receive the priesthood are born through his lineage." LDS "Apostle" Bruce McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, pp. 108-109, 1966 edition, emphasis added.

LDS - "Not only was Cain called upon to suffer, but because of his wickedness he became THE FATHER OF AN INFERIOR RACE. A curse was placed upon him and that curse has been continued through his lineage and must do so WHILE TIME ENDURES. Millions of souls have come into this world cursed with a BLACK SKIN and have been DENIED THE PRIVILEGE OF PRIESTHOOD and the fulness of the blessings of the Gospel. These are the descendants of Cain. Moreover, they have been made to FEEL THEIR INFERIORITY and have been SEPARATED from the rest of mankind from the beginning. Enoch saw the people of Canaan, descendants of Cain, and he says, 'and there was a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan, that they were DESPISED AMONG ALL PEOPLE.'" LDS "Prophet" Joseph Fielding Smith, The Way to Perfection, pp. 101-102, 1931, emphasis added.
Take it to the religion forum, pal. Nobody on this thread cares about your rambling.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:54 AM

185 posts, read 133,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
You could start by becoming a party which uses real facts and is based on reality then you might find more people start to believe what you're saying. Also I'd cut out the divisive social/culture war BS because you just can't creditably claim to be a party of small government when you're constantly trying to legislate your religion and your personal views of morality. That's just big government with other aims and if it becomes a contest of who is better at running big government or who will actually enact policies which will do the most social good in the country then the Democrats will win every time.

Become a true libertarian party and avoid the culture war nonsense like the plague and you'll find there is less grounds to be called racist and you'll end up alienating fewer people. I actually want to see the Republican Party viable because the country needs two good solid parties but right now you guys have gone insane and so extreme no one likes you much less trusts you. You have the loonies running the asylum and that needs to stop.
True adopting libertarian ideals could save them.. but they are too wedded to neoconservatism and milktose xenophobia to try something new.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:07 AM

552 posts, read 377,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Take it to the religion forum, pal. Nobody on this thread cares about your rambling.
Since when are you the elected spokesperson of this thread?

btw you started to go OT

Old 11-24-2012, 11:14 AM

185 posts, read 133,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
The funny part is, black people have always generally believed in hard work, personal responsibility, and limited government involvement. For example, we're against having governments demolished our communities in order to create highways for white suburbanites. We're in favor of everyone getting equal access to education and jobs - and in the meantime, we continue to teach our kids "you have to work twice as hard to get as far". And if you ever want to hear a group of people rage against people on welfare, or people selling drugs, just walk into a black neighborhood.

The key difference is, we realize when government can actually solve problems - often problems that it created. For example, access to higher education would both help the individual student, help the country overall, *and* go to correct the black-white wealth disparity that the government helped to create. So why would we vote for the party that insists that college prices be raised? Or that teachers be laid off? As many people have noticed, this isn't a discussion about "big government", it's a discussion of "good government:.
Very true, We were taught that our good wasn't good enough and that we must work even harder to get the same level of recognize as someone else. This Edward guy is an defacto ass. I'm sorry.

Although, i would say that government causes more harm than good and is generally better to rely on the individual and collections of them for useful change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or